100K a week budget

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Or 5.2M per annum seems to be our budget based on the stories floating around.

Now that's actually quite a sensible level for us as a club if our turnover is around the 10M mark as it has been.

So, assuming that this little local difficulty can be overcome :rolleyes:, can we expect to see the club engage with the fans to maintain the turnover level?

Or 5.2M per annum seems to be our budget based on the stories floating around.

Now that's actually quite a sensible level for us as a club if our turnover is around the 10M mark as it has been.

So, assuming that this little local difficulty can be overcome :rolleyes:, can we expect to see the club engage with the fans to maintain the turnover level?[/quote

Turnover will still be around ?10m or maybe a wee bit below that. Overall costs will still be around ?12m or higher meaning the club has to pay out ?250,000 every week.

I've no doubt there has been significant cost cutting (IIRC club accounts last year showed outgoings of approximately 250K per week), however, I can't believe running costs are anywhere near 100K a week. We must have about a dozen players on between 3K and 15K a week for a start.

I do agree with any plans to reduce the wage turnover ratio to about 50% though, the club surely cannot survive otherwise.

Maybe our current situation is a by-product of all of a sudden having to pay win bonuses... :P

Or maybe we are still paying Elliot's goal bonus.:cool:

If we have a ?100k a week budget then surely estimates/guesses of big earners wages are way over the top.

True, the only salary I have seen confirmed in print is Beslija (9k a week), however just because we have a budget of 100k a week (speculation anyway) it doesn't mean we are not exceeding the budget at the moment.

I have no complaints if the immediate intention is to reduce costs to keep the club going.

Archived