Arsenal this evening in the Carling Cup

loveofthegame

5-0 up with 15mins ish to go at home to Sheff Utd. The average age of there starting line up was 19:eek:

16 year old starter just scored the 5th. Incredible the way they do it with producing/bringing in kids (2nd only to Hibs).

Got to hand it to Wenger, top top manager.

The Real Maroonblood
5-0 up with 15mins ish to go at home to Sheff Utd. The average age of there starting line up was 19:eek:

16 year old starter just scored the 5th. Incredible the way they do it with producing/bringing in kids (2nd only to Hibs).

He certainly is a top manager.

just said on sky sports average age is 18 at kick off

May have been, i thought they said 19. Either way its very impressive for a 3rd riund Carling Cup game against a strong Championship side.

May have been, i thought they said 19. Either way its very impressive for a 3rd riund Carling Cup game against a strong Championship side.

Aye ure right bud

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's great to see and I *****ing hope they win the league just to demonstrate that skill can defeat money.

It's great to see and I *****ing hope they win the league just to demonstrate that skill can defeat money.

Despite not liking Arsenal as a club and having never supported them in any way i'd probably go along with that.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

They're becoming the team of the purists, no question. Whether it's actually deserved or not is another question. FWIW, I'm with you - I would be delighted if they could pip the huge spenders at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Anfield.

The Real Maroonblood
Yep, 2005 FA cup win on pens his last achievement. Keep it up Arsene! :rolleyes:

I suppose his other achievements don't count.

:whistling:

jamboinglasgow

whats more incrediable about Jack Walshore is that he is english and has amazing technical skills.

Really admire aresnal and their setup but always think they neleglect english youth players, or buy them in instead.

siegementality
Yep, 2005 FA cup win on pens his last achievement. Keep it up Arsene! :rolleyes:

Did you complain when we won on penalties against shietty Gretna?

Arsenal is my 'other team'. It's the Muller Rice pleasure/pain principle. If we only had a 10th of the talent Arsenal had we'd romp this league. Wenger is building for the future, and the future looks bright.

whats more incrediable about Jack Walshore is that he is english and has amazing technical skills.

Really admire aresnal and their setup but always think they neleglect english youth players, or buy them in instead.

I don't think Arsene neglects English players. I think that he feels he can get better players abroad for a fraction of the price.

We all know that English players (And foreign players in the EPL) are heavily over-priced.

EDIT: Carlos Vela is a striker who can also play on the left (Where he played for Osasuna last season) but I think Arsene see him as a striker who can play off someone like Bendtner or Adebayor.

Because as their interational team have proved they aren't all they are cracked up to be.

I don't think Arsene neglects English players. I think that he feels he can get better players abroad for a fraction of the price.

We all know that English players (And foreign players in the EPL) are heavily over-priced.

EDIT: Carlos Vela is a striker who can also play on the left (Where he played for Osasuna last season) but I think Arsene see him as a striker who can play off someone like Bendtner or Adebayor.

Aye, coz Wenger got Walcott for a bag of crisps and a mars bar right enough!:P

Aye, coz Wenger got Walcott for a bag of crisps and a mars bar right enough!:P

:o

To be fair it looks like he is going to prove to be an astute signing.

We_are_the_Hearts
Tonights result would suggest credit should go to Academy director Liam Brady & the player-scouts. :)

I would suggest it is more down to the coaching techniques Wenger instills in all his caoches. The diet, positional awareness, the emphasis on agility, pace and strength.

This is where we fall down. It's not just about attracting the players.

These kids Arsenal have with the likes of Merida, Randall, Gibbs are going to make it big.

Vela looked awesome in Spain last year and he will make it huge, awesome player with an awesome future.

jamboinglasgow
Because as their interational team have proved they aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Just because the current international team is pretty poor doesn't mean Aresnal cant take on young english players (say at age 10) and teach them the arsenal way they will be hugely talented, I think Jack Wilshere will be an example of that. Problem that there are not enough English players in their youth team is down to a number of reasons.

I would suggest it is more down to the coaching techniques Wenger instills in all his caoches. The diet, positional awareness, the emphasis on agility, pace and strength.

This is where we fall down. It's not just about attracting the players.

From what I see Csaba is doing that, he is taking new work ethics, new emphasis on technique rather than all fitness and others. I have said it before and will say it again, I can see Csaba becoming our Wenger. Yes he will never be as good as Wenger but he has the same ideals and emphasis on youth development wenger has, and likes to be involved in each part of the football side of the club like wenger. Yes the football isn't as attractive at the moment but I can see that changing after a season under wenger.

I also think that Csabas infectous enthuasism and coaching techniques will rub off on all the other coaches in the club.

Archived