Section 'H' Barmy Army? Will Hearts have to surrender The Roseburn to the OF?

Buffalo Bill

Following on from the 'Sellik Hospitality' thread:

Will Hearts have to admit defeat and give the Old Firm the entire Roseburn Stand back?

For the last two and a half years, we've limited OF support to just three sections out of five. But now, with crowds having gone back to the 12,000 mark, do we allow more Old Firm access? A giant 27-row-long slab of humble pie?

Or do we sit with empty seats?

Or can we fill it?

Can we get our fans back?

"Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable." - John Kenneth Galbraith:

Buffalo Bill

I predict they both have the full Roseburn Stands back before this Season is out.

It would be a horrible climbdown for the club.

Cut their allocation even more.

As Chairman, early in the 05/06 season, George Foulkes talked about slashing their 2,100 allocation to just 1,200.

Changed days indeed, but even more so from the days when I had to walk along the road with 10,000 of them.

Buffalo Bill

Jambof3tornado

From a business point of view you have to admit it makes sense to give them as many seats as you can,and because we are run as a business then thats what I can see happening. From a fans point of view I would love us to fill the stadium without the need for any away fans to get in(although they do add to the entertainment somewhat!!),but we cannot fill the stadium right now so no point in cutting off your nose to blah de blah.

That said it would be a Vlad decision and he isnt known for going back on previous decisions,perhaps he will see how the season goes up to xmas and if its all going well,we may just see a full maroon tynie once more.

I will be there through thick and thin,no matter who is in charge.

Coz Hearts is MY team!!:)

Following on from the 'Sellik Hospitality' thread:

Will Hearts have to admit defeat and give the Old Firm the entire Roseburn Stand back?

For the last two and a half years, we've limited OF support to just three sections out of five. But now, with crowds having gone back to the 12,000 mark, do we allow more Old Firm access? A giant 27-row-long slab of humble pie?

Or do we sit with empty seats?

Or can we fill it?

Can we get our fans back?

Buffalo Bill

Is it really a humble pie moment?

When we're doing well we'd prefer to accommodate our own fans and when we're not we'd rather generate income.

Can we get the fans back?

Only if we keep winning and the entertainment value improves. Maintaining season ticket sales at the 13,000 level for 3 years was testament to the loyalty of the Hearts support and also a triumph of faith over reason. Top three finishes and cautious football under Levein didn't swell the crowds - why should it now? We should probably resign ourselves to the fact that the feelgood factor of 05/06 was a once in a lifetime moment and won't be repeated.

ToadKiller Dog
I predict they both have the full Roseburn Stands back before this Season is out.

It would be a horrible climbdown for the club.

You have shocked me never expected you of all people to make such a prediction..;)

that prediction has been made for the last 3 seasons so maybe it might just happen ,no indication yet giving that they are selling tickets for all home games up to the split.

Is it really a humble pie moment?

Very much so, if you can recall the controversy surrounding Hearts' decision to slash the OF allocation in 2005.

Very much so if you rememeber confidence in which Hearts said they'd never rely on the OF's money again.

Very much so, if you're bothered about the ridicule our club would receive at our u-turn. I'm not.

Buffalo Bill

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think I would rather have the empty seats to be honest.

Give the extra tickets to schools.

I don't see the point anyway. Celtic wouldn't sell them out. Just look at the crowds they had at Kilmarnock and Motherwell, places they used to fill comfortably.

Jambof3tornado

I think the extra tickets will end up going to schools etc,but not for the old firm games.

I would rather stick hot needles into my testicles than allow any more of the great unwashed to enter our beloved gorund.

Very much so, if you're bothered about the ridicule our club would receive at our u-turn. I'm not.

Buffalo Bill

I just don't bother conflating Romanov and HMFC. It saves me being embarrassed by his outrageous claims and unfulfilled promises.

You have shocked me never expected you of all people to make such a prediction..;)

that prediction has been made for the last 3 seasons so maybe it might just happen ,no indication yet giving that they are selling tickets for all home games up to the split.

The home crowds are dwindling and we're now selling Corporate Packages to the OF that were normally aimed at Hearts fans.

No matter what reason....

We're getting smaller crowds and the Club will want the spaces to be filled to ensure they get maximum revenue.

Btw..

IIRC we've only been taking part of the Roseburn from them for 2 years and the first year was a roaring success when we filled those extra seats.

It was only last Season the fans didn't sell all the allocation.

Same here. I'd even settle for the 'Arsenal Mural' circa 1992.

But 1,500 spare seats is a lot of money, pies and bovril to Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

I don't see the point anyway. Celtic wouldn't sell them out. Just look at the crowds they had at Kilmarnock and Motherwell, places they used to fill comfortably.

I've noticed that too.

I just don't bother conflating Romanov and HMFC. It saves me being embarrassed by his outrageous claims and unfulfilled promises.

I agree with your sentiments here, and likewise, I wouldn't lose sleeping over the ridicule it would cause.

But it would still cause ridicule, nonetheless.

It will be interesting to see what the club does. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

Buffalo Bill

badly drawn boy
Very much so, if you can recall the controversy surrounding Hearts' decision to slash the OF allocation in 2005.

Very much so if you rememeber confidence in which Hearts said they'd never rely on the OF's money again.

Buffalo Bill

Totally agree , many people representing Hearts publically rejoiced at the time in telling the old firm , the reduction in ticket allocation was here to stay and GIRUY

And here we are , having to entice them into the corporate and no doubt the Roseburn as well

Embarrassing

It will be full, no doubt about it.

They feckers hate Hearts.

As Chairman, early in the 05/06 season, George Foulkes talked about slashing their 2,100 allocation to just 1,200.

Changed days indeed, but even more so from the days when I had to walk along the road with 10,000 of them.

Buffalo Bill

i'm amazed your still here as surely you must have caught some nasty of illness that would have ended you,

or did you was constantly for a month after it?

Celtic would defo sell out the Roseburn:eek:

I take your point about Killie and Well but they probably get about 8 thousand tickets compared to 3500 at Tynie.

It would be a shame and sad but we won't even sell out the 3 stands, due to cost, TV and the well documented apathy with the team itself:(

The only people who would care about such a move would be Hibs fans, Old Firm fans and the press.

I really couldn't care less what any of them think.

Give them more tickets when we're not selling ours. Take them back when we are. Simple.

Buffalo Bill

They were indeed quite scary days Buff, sign of the times now where you hardly see a RANTIC fan along Gorgie Road, although its certainly a more pleasant walk to the match!!

I reckon they should make all 2100 tickets hospitality ones. Leave a potato and a programme on each of their seats and charge ?99.

I reckon they should make all 2100 tickets hospitality ones. Leave a potato and a programme on each of their seats and charge ?99.

:rofl:

I was going to mention leaving a programme on the seat would be a bit daft, as they are uneducated and can't read ;)

surely this can be overcome by simply limiting the public sale of tickets to only the Roseburn in the first instance... ?

let that get filled up first.... make the ticket price appealing (to some) like offering a 10% discount at the Superstore that weekend only on production of yer ticket / ticket stub.

We should just give them it back.

Aye, it's humble pie but if we can't sell the sections then we are going to look even more daft.

surely this can be overcome by simply limiting the public sale of tickets to only the Roseburn in the first instance... ?

let that get filled up first.... make the ticket price appealing (to some) like offering a 10% discount at the Superstore that weekend only on production of yer ticket / ticket stub.

Good idea re the Roseburn; it would take the edge of the situation.

But it still leaves the club facing the prospect of either losing out on money or giving in to Old firm ticket-demand, and with it - 'losing face'.

500 Hearts fans in the Roseburn will only mean 500 more empty seats elsewhere.

Buffalo Bill

They probally won't sell out the Roseburn stand, I'm not saying they couldn't but maybe in protest of the prices, they had a banner at Kilmarnock, we are dearer than them (I asume), they may not sell their tickets especially if it's on TV.

In the light of this, I think we should give them all of the Roseburn stand, make it difficult for Hearts fans (no ST holders) to get a ticket, this may increase their interest in coming back (wanting what they can't have). Our 3 stands will be packed, theirs will be half full.

This will also affect the players, imagine you are a Hearts player, you see the Hearts stands full. Imagine your a Celtic player, you see the Celtic end full.... of empty seats, how would it make you feel if your fans didn't bother turning up, you probally wouldn't give 110% like if they were there backing them.

When are the Celtic and Rangers games at Tynecastle?

Quite a few were protesting about the ticket prices.

1.jpg

Quite a few were protesting about the ticket prices.

1.jpg

Surely not...must be Photoshoped thats the Greatest Fans in the World you're talking about there! ;)

Keep them cut.

Any points against the old firm this season could mean the difference between getting a European place or not.

With a cut allocation, we have more chance to beat them on the park. A full Roseburn stand certainly helps gee up their teams.

Good idea re the Roseburn; it would take the edge of the situation.

But it still leaves the club facing the prospect of either losing out on money or giving in to Old firm ticket-demand, and with it - 'losing face'.

500 Hearts fans in the Roseburn will only mean 500 more empty seats elsewhere.

Buffalo Bill

cheers BB. depends how you look at it though... i see having a smaller amount of them as a good thing. when they get in full voice (same with the BNBs) it can spur on their mob. with sections on either side of them giving it tight, it'll improve the atmosphere.

as for losing out on money... dunno. think i'm hoping that someone inside hearts has the intelligence to put out a worked perception that tickets are limited and bring in more fair weather fans....

500 other empty seats... suppose that could be mostly the first 2 rows of the wheatfield....

either way... it's trying to find the right balance i suppose.

Surely not...must be Photoshoped thats the Greatest Fans in the World you're talking about there! ;)

I hate them but that is a great protest.

It looks like ra Sellik are talking on Aberdeen's Red 'Ultras' (cough) in the crap banners stakes.

Buffalo Bill

I hate them but that is a great protest.

i notice they didn't manage a banner that said "West Ham Utd V Man Utd - ?45-?63"

its fair enough, but football costs more in britain than it does in the rest of europe. we all know that. its not murderwells or killies fault

are 6000 old squirm lowlifes gonna make a HUGE difference to our turnover?. Even if we don't sell out our allocation I personally don't want them. Crowds can go up as well as down especially if we keep winning

After these poor killie folk took the hit and caved in to the 5% too how ungrateful can they get? or is parkhead free for smeltic fans?

Archived