Where's the youngsters' chance?

H.A.N.S

As famously said "If you are good enough you are old enough".

I am not even going to hazard a guess into why Vlad does things but I am just thinking. Recently he has said Hearts cannot win the SPL the best we can do is develop young talent. Are we not in trouble if Rapnik isn't as good as Wallace? Husband as good as Ksanavicius? McGowan as good as Karipidis?

When Webster and Naysmith were playing so young were they leaps and bounds better than the youngsters we have now?

I don't see much of the youth team. These young lads I mentioned may not be anywhere near as good as the players I have compared them to. But I'd be worried if they aren't.

I think what we should be doing is playing these youngsters every week. Play entertaining football with the strongest attacking eleven. That would get "bums on seats". We'll produce gems like Gordon every so often and big fees will see our crippling debt go. Kello looks a great signing from Kaunas but we really need to avoid the likes of Mrowiecz? and Ksanavicius etc. as they are hampering our youth development without increasing the quality of the squad.

Son Of Anarchy

I am not even going to hazard a guess into why Vlad does things but I am just thinking. Recently he has said Hearts cannot win the SPL the best we can do is develop young talent. Are we not in trouble if Rapnik isn't as good as Wallace? Husband as good as Ksanavicius? McGowan as good as Karipidis?

When Webster and Naysmith were playing so young were they leaps and bounds better than the youngsters we have now?

I don't see much of the youth team. These young lads I mentioned may not be anywhere near as good as the players I have compared them to. But I'd be worried if they aren't.

I think what we should be doing is playing these youngsters every week. Play entertaining football with the strongest attacking eleven. That would get "bums on seats". We'll produce gems like Gordon every so often and big fees will see our crippling debt go. Kello looks a great signing from Kaunas but we really need to avoid the likes of Mrowiecz? and Ksanavicius etc. as they are hampering our youth development without increasing the quality of the squad.

Theres a time and a place to bring the youngsters on though,and its not the first team. We have good kids in the youth teams just now but thats where they should stay until ready. Look at Thompson for example. Brought to the first team too early.Id love to see a young Hearts team every week but not at the expense of loosing games just now.I recon in 2 years time we will see more youths coming through the system,maybe even next year for a couple of them.

Eggert Jonsson is only 19, Mole is only 20, Driver is still 20, Lee Wallace & Jason Thomson are 21, Gary Glen is only 18....Jamie MacDonald is 22.

These are all young players who've been in the first team this season.

I'm all for promoting our own players and think several others should & will get some chances as the season progresses but I don't think the charge that we are hampering young players prospects is a valid one when so many of our squad are still young themselves.

Why change a winning team? Recent history shows we are to impatient for bleeding to many young lads through. And we have a young side anyway, Eggert, Wallace, Mole, Driver etc

Throwing more young guys in just now would only have a negative effect.

Winston Ingram

Rapnik seems the natural successor to Berra when he's sold.. probably next summer if not January. Dont think he's a left back.

I disagree.

alwaysthereinspirit

:eek: sometimes just a wee smilie face is all you need.

I don't want to spoil another negative thread hans, but I read last week that we are the youngest team in the SPL.

And we're third...

Chad Sexington

How much younger do you want the team to be FFS?

Should we field our under 12's?

As has already been said, we have the youngest team in the SPL...I really don't see what your complaint is.

How much younger do you want the team to be FFS?

Should we field our under 12's?

As has already been said, we have the youngest team in the SPL...I really don't see what your complaint is.

This is exactly what is wrong with this forum. I am making, in my view, a valid point. Then folk like you get your knickers in a twist with comments like that. Far too many people go out their way on here to make immature comments like this on threads. If you have no input into the thread why bother getting yourself agitated?

Chad Sexington
This is exactly what is wrong with this forum. I am making, in my view, a valid point. Then folk like you get your knickers in a twist with comments like that. Far too many people go out their way on here to make immature comments like this on threads. If you have no input into the thread why bother getting yourself agitated?

I'm not agitated and my knickers remain twist free. :)

Your OP is ridiculous and I was merely pointing that fact out.

Eggert Jonsson is only 19, Mole is only 20, Driver is still 20, Lee Wallace & Jason Thomson are 21, Gary Glen is only 18....Jamie MacDonald is 22.

These are all young players who've been in the first team this season.

I'm all for promoting our own players and think several others should & will get some chances as the season progresses but I don't think the charge that we are hampering young players prospects is a valid one when so many of our squad are still young themselves.

Exactly.

Any youngsters are only really going to get a place on the bench right now anyway.

Some people are just never happy.

This culture of finding something to be unhappy about is bringing everyone down.

As already said, if they are good enough, they will play....well maybe their not good enough yet....or maybe not mentally ready.

IF it happens, it will happen in drips, not a flood.

You appear to be the only one getting their knickers in a twist here. He, and others, have made a perfectly valid point that we have one of the youngest squads in the SPL, a squad that is currently sitting 3rd in the league. I notice you haven't refuted that point. I fail to see what valuable 'input' the above post gives other than having a go at another poster.

I have every faith that Csaba will introduce other youngsters as and when they are ready.

Your OP strikes me as trying too hard to find a negative in the current set up.

Ok, remove the "FFS" and answer the question.

We have the youngest side in the SPL and we are third. How much younger do you think our side should be?

I hope that we sign some experienced players in January. We have too much reliance on young inexperienced players at the moment.

Chad Sexington
I hope that we sign some experienced players in January. We have too much reliance on young inexperienced players at the moment.

Precisely.

Instead of lowering the age of the team any further, we should be looking to bring in a couple of quality players who've been round the block a few times.

I said last season that I'd rather they let loose the under 21s than put the likes of Ksanavicuis and Nade on the park; but that would only be for my benefit as opposed to the development of the 21s.

However, the real issue was that neither the first team nor the 21s had any sort of useful structure in which to operate under. Korobotchit was too busy dying hs hair and pandering to Vlad, and 'Shaggy', bless 'im, was unable to motivate guys who were simply taking the ****.

We now have a manager. Or at least, that is what I call him (you can decide for yourself).

So far he's won four out of six. If he keeps that ratio up, then we're going to Europe. He has Rapnik of the cusp of the team. He'll get his chance, and others I'm sure will follow. These aren't the very best of times. But they are better then the previous two years.

Buffalo Bill

Ok, remove the "FFS" and answer the question.

We have the youngest side in the SPL and we are third. How much younger do you think our side should be?

We are six games into the season and have beaten nothing. I admire you being in the "we are third brigade" but reality is the league didn't finish on Saturday. Next five games are against opposition on par with us or better. My thread is based on the fact Vlad or Mr Romanov as you probably call him saying the future for Hearts is developing youth as we can't win the league. But we are giving players like Ksanavicius and Mrowiec squad places instead of youngsters. What good is that going to do us long term?

We are six games into the season and have beaten nothing. I admire you being in the "we are third brigade" but reality is the league didn't finish on Saturday. Next five games are against opposition on par with us or better. My thread is based on the fact Vlad or Mr Romanov as you probably call him saying the future for Hearts is developing youth as we can't win the league. But we are giving players like Ksanavicius and Mrowiec squad places instead of youngsters. What good is that going to do us long term?

In the long term it provides scaffolding around the younger more inexperienced players to come in and have support around them. Rather than be left with enormous expectations resting solely on their shoulders.

In the long term its the correct way to run a football club.

I am all for this if they improve the team. Just not bringing in average players that may not even be as good as the youngsters we have and stopping them from gaining some experience.

In the long term it provides scaffolding around the younger more inexperienced players to come in and have support around them. Rather than be left with enormous expectations resting solely on their shoulders.

In the long term its the correct way to run a football club.

But is it so hard to bring in better quality "scaffolding"? I can't see youngsters improving like they could playing with the likes of Ksanavicius every week.

If this is the way it's going to be done loans from Kaunas will hold it back.

Another new brigade? We'll have enough for a full army soon, what with the PC brigade, bigot brigade, hat-kicker and vlad sheep brigades.

Anyhoo, I digress. I take your point about the opposition so far and I will also be very interested to see how we get on in the next 5 games and where we stand at the end of the first round of games but you can only beat what's put in front of you, which we've done in the main so far. We would have probably lost at least a couple of these games last season so I can only see it as an improvement.

I notice you still haven't addressed the point re having an already very young squad and the effect just chucking more youngsters in would have on the team.

alwaysthereinspirit
I'm not agitated and my knickers remain twist free. :)

Your OP is ridiculous and I was merely pointing that fact out.

How dare you point out facts on this board.

That's not how it's done on here. Now get a grip and agree with the original post.

We need to be even younger.

That's not how it's done on here. Now get a grip and agree with the original post.

I know, how dare you point out a fact in response to an inaccurate post.

Dundee Utd - did better than us last season but wouldn't say they were on par with us

Kilmarnock - Not even close to being on par with us, despite a good start to the season

Hibs & Aberdeen - pretty close to being on par with us, only because we've had a shocking last 2 seasons

Celtic - Enough said.

FWIW, I do think we have youngsters that deserve a game ahead of the likes of Ksanavicius and Mrowiec but we also need better experienced players in the team first.

I agree with the statement about kszaniviousououosususus or whatever the f uck he is called.We must have somebody better than that.

I don't see much of the youth team.

Then what are you basing this on?

Wallace is horrendoud, Berra marginally better.

Two of the only youth team players you HAVE seen.

What is the current SPL rule on young players? Is it 3 players under the age of 21 have to be included in a squad of 18? Whatever it is, its a good rule for the benefit of scottish football. The Old Firm wil always argue about this rule because they feel it hampers them when they have players like Balde or Whittaker sitting in the stand rather than sitting on the bench.

Chad Sexington

Sorry about that. ;)

Facts shmacts.

Who needs 'em?

I think we should play Branny and Copil up front against Dundee Utd.

And when they have absolutely honking debuts, I promise I wont come on here complaining about how sheeite they are.

:P

Agree with Borthers. Our team is exremely young just now - the youngest in the SPL. So although we have players like Ksnaviscius and Mroweic who maybe are "average" they bring a bit more experience to the squad. We would all love to have 11 Wayne Rooneys coming into the team at 16 and being successful. But in reality they should be blooded in games which maybe aren't as meaningful or at intervals during the season to get experience and maybe a loan move to continue their development. If they are good enough and ready I think Laszlo will put them in.

Archived