Andy Murray axed

The xx

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/09/22/murray-is-axed-but-hearts-say-no-crisis-86908-20748079/

HEARTS have axed their sports scientist Andrew Murray amid fears of cost cutting.

Murray has been at the club for two years but has been told his contract is not being renewed.

Record Sport understands Murray was told little about the reasons for not keeping him on, beyond the fact it was "nothing personal."

Hearts say his job responsibilities can be absorbed by others in the medical department at Riccarton but sources claim it's just the latest in a line of costcutting measures at the club, who failed to pay players last week.

Murray began his career at the Hampden sports clinic and also worked at Rangers. He became an integral part of the backroom team at Tynecastle but declined to discuss the latest development.

Hearts insist there is no financial crisis at Tynecastle and a club spokesman was unable to expand on the "technical reasons" for the weekly player payroll not being processed on Friday. But the club insist salaries will be paid into bank accounts within 48 hours.

The club have also moved away from the exclusive Dalmahoy Hotel and Country Club which has been used in recent seasons as their base for home games.

Now on match days players must report to Tynecastle at 11am, relax and eat pre-match meals at the club instead.

Hearts deny it's a result of financial pressures and say it's at the request of Csaba Laszlo who wants players to feel more at home in their surroundings.

ToadKiller Dog

that gary ralston is a muck spreading fart of a man,read his match report does any hearts fan agree with him that Csabas antics on the side is just a big act to fool us?.

Its a shame for murray loosing his job ,he will get another as he is good at it,as for changing to tynie for the pre match a good idea the players should not be pampered at fine hotels ,i dont have a problem with cost cutting its something thats needed at the club.

ralston trying to stir up **** typical ****** style.

What does a sports scientist do exactly?

If it is look after the players welfare and get them back from injury quickly then I think that may be the real reason that his contract isn't being renewed. Our players never come back quickly.

that gary ralston is a muck spreading fart of a man,read his match report does any hearts fan agree with him that Csabas antics on the side is just a big act to fool us?.

Its a shame for murray loosing his job ,he will get another as he is good at it,as for changing to tynie for the pre match a good idea the players should not be pampered at fine hotels ,i dont have a problem with cost cutting its something thats needed at the club.

ralston trying to stir up **** typical ****** style.

Exactly, like when they claimed that the Hearts players were 'furious' at not being paid, when there were no players mentioned or quoted in the article.

givememychoice

the headlines are either "hearts debts soar" or "hearts in cutback shocker, have they no money"

We are vaguely in the merde with massive debts still.

Is this the sports scientist who has overseen our worst injury spell ever?

I know the Davis cup didn't go so well, but it is a bit harsh to dump Andy Murray, it wasn't all his fault.

At least he doesn't have far to go to move back in with his Mum, Judy.

And another thing, I suspect costs are being cut at Hearts, and I have no complaints about that. We are losing money, and I am not sure we have any other 9 million pound players in our locker.

I'd hope that we are slowly progressing to the realization that VR interference is mince from a business perspective, as well as a football performance perspective too.

Our crowds are down this year, and quite possibly will return to our pre-Burley/Romanov honeymoon period. I think off the field activities have been hobbled by the lunacy.

The players we have sold - Gordon, Hartley, Skacel and Bednar have come via routes other than Vlad's holy pyramid. Far as I can see Vlad's scattergun approach to playing everyone he can think of has realized the sale of Velicka only. I'm not aware of any other enquiries for any of the pyramid players.

I hope that lessons are being learned.

And another thing, I suspect costs are being cut at Hearts, and I have no complaints about that. We are losing money, and I am not sure we have any other 9 million pound players in our locker.

I'd hope that we are slowly progressing to the realization that VR interference is mince from a business perspective, as well as a football performance perspective too.

Our crowds are down this year, and quite possibly will return to our pre-Burley/Romanov honeymoon period. I think off the field activities have been hobbled by the lunacy.

The players we have sold - Gordon, Hartley, Skacel and Bednar have come via routes other than Vlad's holy pyramid. Far as I can see Vlad's scattergun approach to playing everyone he can think of has realized the sale of Velicka only. I'm not aware of any other enquiries for any of the pyramid players.

To be fair, there is a chance of a windfall if Goncalves can be sold. From that group of non-Kaunas signings Aguiar, Palazuelos, Karipidis, Makela, Besijla, Kingston etc he might be the only one that money is made on however.

With the current economic climate surely it is wise to be looking at ways to cut costs.

If we were still splashing money about needlessly they would no doubt run another story questioning the source of the funds!!

To be fair, there is a chance of a windfall if Goncalves can be sold. From that group of non-Kaunas signings Aguiar, Palazuelos, Karipidis, Makela, Besijla, Kingston etc he might be the only one that money is made on however.

Weren't they all put down to Rix? (except Kingston + Palazuelos). I thought that was the basis for the dismissal of Rix, that he'd signed some real duds, (notably Beslija).

I think it was 750 for Bes, 500 for Makela, 600 for Jose. Not sure of the others, but I guess the cash is written off.

Once Makela, Goncalves and Beslija go, I think that'll ease a million quid or so off our wage bill.

We seem to have moved from the idea that we can be hugely successful, to we can bring through unknown Eastern European players and sell at a profit.

I'm hoping to get to the "if we let a good manager manage" stage. I think the economics are in our favour - can't see us selling out 24,000 seats unless we improve (I accept it's early days for Csaba, and he can build over the next 18-24 months if given the chance).

Having said all that, Kello looks like the real thing.

To be fair perhaps we do have a cashflow problem at the moment.

The issue to me is the sheer relish that the press report it.

For example there was little to no fuss in the sports pages about John Boyles airline going down the pan. Could you imagine the articles if one of Romanovs business's went down the pan?

With the current economic climate surely it is wise to be looking at ways to cut costs.

If we were still splashing money about needlessly they would no doubt run another story questioning the source of the funds!!

I agree, it is smart to make cuts, and also that the press will throw muck irrespective.

I'm hoping that we will spend money more wisely - on good players and building a good team, and letting Csaba call the shots.

For example there was little to no fuss in the sports pages about John Boyles airline going down the pan. Could you imagine the articles if one of Romanovs business's went down the pan?

Yes, he got off very lightly when Motherwell were refusing to pay players (like Greg Strong - a player who did quite well for them, moved up here etc) - but at the same time were paying to bring in expensive new players!

I don't think there is any doubt we have a cashflow problem.

Everyone has cash problems and anyone not cutting out frills personally and corporately is wearing a blindfold. Dalmahoy did not help our results over the last two seasons and the sports scientist oversaw a period of unfit players and long term injuries. Good riddance. Better pay the players quickly mind!!

jamboinglasgow

I dont think we have a cashflow problem. We have a technical glitch that messes up wages, it happens and is annoying but doesn't mean that it is cashflow.

Andy Murrays contract is not renewed, does not mean we are saving money, Csaba may of felt that it was a posistion that wasn't needed in the team or that there is a better quality sport scientist he can get from the EU (he has spoken before how he feels that EU can be a great assest to get great personnel at decent prices.)

And I can understand the descision to not meet at the dalmahoy, it makes sense to be at tynecastle, you get the feeling of the stadium, get in the zone at the place where they are about to play a match. As hearts say in the article it is Csabas descision nothing to do with to do with cashflow.

One way to look at it is to remember the reasons why they write about us and not about Motherwell. It doesn't make it better, but it does help a smidgen.

It wouldn't surprise me all that much if we did have a cash flow issue but how many businesses aren't tightening the belt at the moment? I don't think it sounds like anything we need to worry about all that much...the players don't seem to be too concerned so I'm not either.

I dont think we have a cashflow problem. We have a technical glitch that messes up wages, it happens and is annoying but doesn't mean that it is cashflow.

Andy Murrays contract is not renewed, does not mean we are saving money, Csaba may of felt that it was a posistion that wasn't needed in the team or that there is a better quality sport scientist he can get from the EU (he has spoken before how he feels that EU can be a great assest to get great personnel at decent prices.)

And I can understand the descision to not meet at the dalmahoy, it makes sense to be at tynecastle, you get the feeling of the stadium, get in the zone at the place where they are about to play a match. As hearts say in the article it is Csabas descision nothing to do with to do with cashflow.

I'm not talking about the salaries.

Eg.

I hear our caterers have not been paid for a very, very long time.

jamboinglasgow
I'm not talking about the salaries.

Eg.

I hear our caterers have not been paid for a very, very long time.

oh that, some people on here would say they dont deserve to be paid:rolleyes:

but yes we need to sort that but we are not unique in that posistion. Alot of companies will be delayed in making payments, I would imagine that the caters do get payed every month but a bit late. Its a common practice and one I understand has been used even before vlad came in. Should we worry? Unless we cant pay then we should worry, but we do pay them, just very late.

There is a clear agenda by the Scottish tabloid press against Hearts, its major share holder and any non-Scot in its management team. Whether this agenda is being sponsored by others or just xenophobia I am not sure, but I have the feeling that most of these stories are printed for kneejerk reaction purposes.

Hearts do have a cashflow problem, whether this is purely down to Lithuanian banking practices or lack of short term funds in the UBIG account will be known tomorrow when salaries are/are not paid.

You mean you can see 5000 the empty seats at home games this season? No need for an eye test there then...;)

Jam Tarts 1874

With so many players out over the past couple of seasons for long periods with injuries, one has to ask if Murray has been let go not just for financial reasons but also because he is being blamed for the lengthy recovery periods of some of these players.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm not that bothered about this. Our injury record is an absolute joke. He must have something to do with it.

Although I was hearing some terrible stuff from an ex employee about the medical side at Hearts at the weekend.

I'm not that bothered about this. Our injury record is an absolute joke. He must have something to do with it.

Although I was hearing some terrible stuff from an ex employee about the medical side at Hearts at the weekend.

A pm with further info would greatly appreciated. ;)

With so many players out over the past couple of seasons for long periods with injuries, one has to ask if Murray has been let go not just for financial reasons but also because he is being blamed for the lengthy recovery periods of some of these players.

Murray isn't a doctor or physio, he is a sports scientists.

Murray isn't a doctor or physio, he is a sports scientists.

Its a sports scientists job to help physios etc when training players:

Sports scientists and performance consultants are growing in demand and employment numbers, with the ever-increasing focus within the sporting world on achieving the best results possible. Through the study of science and sport, researchers have developed a greater understanding on how the human body reacts to exercise, training, different environments and many other stimuli.

So if he oversees such things, he has to take a good portion of the blame for our woeful injury problems over the last couple of years.

Its a sports scientists job to help physios etc when training players:

So if he oversees such things, he has to take a good portion of the blame for our woeful injury problems over the last couple of years.

What players come to your mind?

'the sports scientist oversaw a period of unfit players and long term injuries'

What about Tam Ritchie who has been there before and through out the tenure of the sports scientist - is he not responsible?

Secondly, surely the start to the season shows the benefit of the sport scientist - do we all think Ritchie came up with the programme himself? Last season was the Malofeev debacle, this year with real staff in charge the players seem to have respnded well. When I observed any sessions at Riccarton Murray seemed to be conducting all the 'fitness' ball work sessions with Ritchie sticking to the running.

What does a sport scientist do? Get players fit when he's given the chance!!

Guest jambomickey
You mean you can see 5000 the empty seats at home games this season? No need for an eye test there then...;)

who's fault is it there's 5000 empty seats? the guy sitting in lithuania is to blame for running our club like a circus

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/09/22/murray-is-axed-but-hearts-say-no-crisis-86908-20748079/

HEARTS have axed their sports scientist Andrew Murray amid fears of cost cutting.

Murray has been at the club for two years but has been told his contract is not being renewed.

Record Sport understands Murray was told little about the reasons for not keeping him on, beyond the fact it was "nothing personal."

Hearts say his job responsibilities can be absorbed by others in the medical department at Riccarton but sources claim it's just the latest in a line of costcutting measures at the club, who failed to pay players last week.

Murray began his career at the Hampden sports clinic and also worked at Rangers. He became an integral part of the backroom team at Tynecastle but declined to discuss the latest development.

Hearts insist there is no financial crisis at Tynecastle and a club spokesman was unable to expand on the "technical reasons" for the weekly player payroll not being processed on Friday. But the club insist salaries will be paid into bank accounts within 48 hours.

The club have also moved away from the exclusive Dalmahoy Hotel and Country Club which has been used in recent seasons as their base for home games.

Now on match days players must report to Tynecastle at 11am, relax and eat pre-match meals at the club instead.

Hearts deny it's a result of financial pressures and say it's at the request of Csaba Laszlo who wants players to feel more at home in their surroundings.

They never had pre match lunch at dalmahoy,it was the old Branson hotel.

When i eat there it was overpriced,and not very good anyway

They never had pre match lunch at dalmahoy,it was the old Branson hotel.

When i eat there it was overpriced,and not very good anyway

It's a complete non-story, it's a pity I'm too lazy otherwise I'd dig out the story from Csaba where he commented at the Motherwell game (just before or just after) that they would be going to Tynecastle for meals before the game to get them more accustomed to the ground as he was concerned they were only spending 2-3 hours there every 2 weeks or so. I believe that is something he felt was partly responsible for our recent poor home record

There is a clear agenda by the Scottish tabloid press against Hearts, its major share holder and any non-Scot in its management team. Whether this agenda is being sponsored by others or just xenophobia I am not sure, but I have the feeling that most of these stories are printed for kneejerk reaction purposes.

Hearts do have a cashflow problem, whether this is purely down to Lithuanian banking practices or lack of short term funds in the UBIG account will be known tomorrow when salaries are/are not paid.

Was a link not posted in the original wages not paid thread that said Ukio's financial results were announced recently and they were something like 35% up on last year. Doesn't sound to me like they are in any great difficulties

Was a link not posted in the original wages not paid thread that said Ukio's financial results were announced recently and they were something like 35% up on last year. Doesn't sound to me like they are in any great difficulties

http://www.ub.lt/ShowPage.aspx?MenuC=1568&ShowDoc=news.2008_09_10&PageLang=ENG&PageFontSize=&BackUrlName=All%20news&BackUrlHref=AllNewsHref

The figures are tiny compared to almost any major UK financial institution, but none the less the above link shows that Ukio Bankas did increase their net profitability by 39% relative to the same period last year.

The People's Chimp

I've been trying to tell the bank for years that i've just got a technical glitch, but they wont have it.

The decision must have been made before Csaba arrived.

I was told after the match in Belfast that Hearts have cut the budget for Hotels etc this included no more Pre-Match meals or stop overs in fancy gaffs.

Archived