Reality Check?

McJambo

Were 3rd in the league.

3rd is the aim for this season.

We are obviously trying to cut back on spending on transfers and players.

The days of claiming to win the league are gone it seems.

We have done as we would be expected on paper to in every game this season bar Falkirk.

In any other year before 05-06 we would be delighted with the start we have made.

Feel free to add more.

This is for those of you who have slated Csaba, Kingston, Mole, Ksanavicius to mention a few all weekend and most of the season.

Were 3rd in the league.

3rd is the aim for this season.

We are obviously trying to cut back on spending on transfers and players.

The days of claiming to win the league are gone it seems.

We have done as we would be expected on paper to in every game this season bar Falkirk.

In any other year before 05-06 we would be delighted with the start we have made.

Feel free to add more.

This is for those of you who have slated Csaba, Kingston, Mole, Ksanavicius to mention a few all weekend and most of the season.

Everything you have said is indeed Fact!

BUT another fact is Romanov brought about a far higher expectation level that we have had for years.....he is now back tracking and we have too many very average players, 3rd place this season would be a superb achievement with the squad we have and with our lack of attacking qualities.

I know it's early days, but it seems that the standard this season in the SPL has dropped. Everyone seems to be about as bad as each other.

Last season there was a bit of a gap (ignore the OF) and the likes of Dundee Utd, Motherwell and even Aberdeen were slighly better than the "rest" of us.

Not the case this season.

I know it's early days, but it seems that the standard this season in the SPL has dropped. Everyone seems to be about as bad as each other.

Last season there was a bit of a gap (ignore the OF) and the likes of Dundee Utd, Motherwell and even Aberdeen were slighly better than the "rest" of us.

Not the case this season.

I think that Rangers were clearly better than us. Inverness were worse than us. But all the other teams we've played in the league were not manifestly better or worse. All of the games on the run of play could have gone either way.

I think that Rangers were clearly better than us. Inverness were worse than us. But all the other teams we've played in the league were not manifestly better or worse. All of the games on the run of play could have gone either way.

Quite.

I don't think there is going to be a big gap at the bottom this year (like Gretna last year).

Teams like St Mirren or Hamilton might be tipped to go down, but from what I've seen they are decent enough. Maybe we will get a shock this year, someone like Aberdeen or Motherwell for the drop? ;)

We cant be far off having the youngest squad in the SPL.

Hopefully we will improve under Csaba as the season goes on especially when we get our forwards fit.

:)

This is a rebuilding season for me, and I think we need a couple of years to bring through and develop the young squad that we have.

Every game has been decided by the odd goal, (90th minute penalties at Ibrox aside), we've done well to get 12 points in my mind.

It is wide open in the "league of 10" this year, and anyone could go down.

As for the goalscorer, obviously we are lacking that. I was pleased to see Nade and Mole on the field at the same time, admittedly with limited results. Hopefully they'll get a few games together to see how the do, with Tullberg/Glen coming on to mix things up.

Season has been better than expected for me.

This is a rebuilding season for me, and I think we need a couple of years to bring through and develop the young squad that we have.

Every game has been decided by the odd goal, (90th minute penalties at Ibrox aside), we've done well to get 12 points in my mind.

It is wide open in the "league of 10" this year, and anyone could go down.

As for the goalscorer, obviously we are lacking that. I was pleased to see Nade and Mole on the field at the same time, admittedly with limited results. Hopefully they'll get a few games together to see how the do, with Tullberg/Glen coming on to mix things up.

Season has been better than expected for me.

Is Csaba not already on record as saying this.

Everything you have said is indeed Fact!

BUT another fact is Romanov brought about a far higher expectation level that we have had for years.....he is now back tracking and we have too many very average players, 3rd place this season would be a superb achievement with the squad we have and with our lack of attacking qualities.

Come on, how long can you hit someone with the same stick for. Most of us "got real" more than 2 years ago!

The current problem we have is in turn over-hyping and then being over-critical of young players.

The older players like Ksanavicius are fair game IMO but Mole is doing a good job for us, indeed far better than Elliot ever did in the same position.

Next season will be the same no doubt.

I think that the plan is that the year after that is for the new stand to open, the funds from the office/hotel/flats flow into purchases of new players which would make Man City fans surprised, all the cream of the world's young talent come together into the first team and we take the champions league by storm. Would be shameful if we don't.

Oh all right then, it will be another rebuilding season.

Come on, how long can you hit someone with the same stick for. Most of us "got real" more than 2 years ago!

The current problem we have is in turn over-hyping and then being over-critical of young players.

The older players like Ksanavicius are fair game IMO but Mole is doing a good job for us, indeed far better than Elliot ever did in the same position.

Spellczech - Believe me my expectations are severely low hence my comment about 3rd place being a Superb achievement if reached, which I doubt by the way.

We have too much mediocrity in the First Eleven let alone the Squad.

...........and I don't believe that you "got real" the season after finishing 2nd and winning the Cup

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Who needs a reality check?

Are you not allowed to criticise players anymore?

Kello and Miko both had threads praising them for their performance on Saturday.

Mac_fae_Gillie

If we ignore early Romanov statements about winning the CL and just view Hearts as a 3rd force in the SPL then we on course.

Only blip so far is Falkirk and that was a makeshift team after a weekend off(due to WCQ) where as falkirk had 2weeks to regroup after thier poor start we had a lot of players away some who picked up injuries,so it was on the cards.

As said before teams like DunUtd/Motherwell and Aberdeen are woeful this season and I cant see Killie lasting with such a small squad.

I want 3rd spot,I want to go to Europe next year.I want a good cup run.

I want dominance over the hobos.

I believe we can achieve these.

Truth is if we had got 1point at Falkirk no one on this forum would have any doubts about us grabbing 3rd.oh for one 90th minute goal people are fickle.

If we ignore early Romanov statements about winning the CL and just view Hearts as a 3rd force in the SPL then we on course.

Only blip so far is Falkirk and that was a makeshift team after a weekend off(due to WCQ) where as falkirk had 2weeks to regroup after thier poor start we had a lot of players away some who picked up injuries,so it was on the cards.

As said before teams like DunUtd/Motherwell and Aberdeen are woeful this season and I cant see Killie lasting with such a small squad.

Truth is if we had got 1point at Falkirk no one on this forum would have any doubts about us grabbing 3rd.oh for one 90th minute goal people are fickle.

Good post.

Falkirk was very unlucky more than anything.

I fully believe that the UFEA cup spot is well in our reach this season, also remember that 4th placed gets it too, so there is a wee bit of room for error :)

I think most of us are fairly happy with our points total rather than performances but lets remember we're only 6 games in!!

If after another 6 games we are in a healthy position I 'll be a bit more positive but it's far too early too say at the mo - couple of defeats we're mid table, couple of wins and could further clear in third:cool:

I think its a good start considering last season. We've not got many new players, only one has regularly featured, kello. The rest havent played enough to prove themselves and they may be good players, Obua and Tullberg for example. Plus we have Bruno and an outside chance of Beslija returning.

We have yet to play with our strongest team this season with the squad we've got! So i think after sitting 2 points clear in 3rd, already 5,6 and 7 points clear of our main challengers for third, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee United respectively, were in a great position. Hopefully we will build our preformances week after week with a fit squad and 3rd should be there for the taking!

Looking at it positively we`ve started far better than last season. Come the split last season i`m sure we were surprisingly a kick in the ar se away from 4th place(4, 5 points?) but it was too little too late.

The key is to be slightly more consistent than the rest. For all the shouting that was done about DU last season they actually lost a fair amount of games as did Motherwell and others above us.

If the trend was to be losing no more two games in every 6, 7 games we`d be well on the way to 3rd IMO. As well though, we need to win a decent amount and avoid too many draws. While "a good point" can be timely they can also hamper you depending on the situation.

Turning tight games into wins is something we have to develop.

Spellczech - Believe me my expectations are severely low hence my comment about 3rd place being a Superb achievement if reached, which I doubt by the way.

We have too much mediocrity in the First Eleven let alone the Squad.

...........and I don't believe that you "got real" the season after finishing 2nd and winning the Cup

Did you not see the lack of investment that summer followed by being quickly punted out of both the CL qualifiers and the Uefa cup? Something happened that summer which made Vlad put the stoppers on his spending...perhaps it was the failure to lure the WC players we were chasing?

Archived