Has 4-5-1 become Csaba's version of Levein's 11 men back at corners?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Honestly, every week on here there are people complaining about this formation in the same way that people used to complain that everyone was back defending the set piece.

Surely the most important thing is getting results, no matter how we get there?

The Real Maroonblood
Honestly, every week on here there are people complaining about this formation in the same way that people used to complain that everyone was back defending the set piece.

That really annoys me when teams have everyone back for corners.

Sad to say it is very common in the game to-day.

Jambof3tornado

Winning ugly right now is what we must do. Its going to get worse at tynie because the more fortress like we make it the more teams will come and just sit tight waiting to be broken down.

It aint pretty at times and if we only have 1 goal to sit tight on its gonna be nervy but I have faith in what Csaba is doing.I am sure that its not the end product he wants just now but its workingwhile we transit from being crap last year to unbeatable this year!!!;)

Hearts Heritage
That really annoys me when teams have everyone back for corners.

Sad to say it is very common in the game to-day.

IIRC CL's team lost ONLY 1 goal from a corner. Not pretty but effective.

It's Korobochka's tactic from last season, but Csaba (I'm my own man) Laslo says its his tactic, he has to do as he's told. Personally it's awful, boring, poor.

Remember the George Graham Arsenal days of the 80's.

1 - 0 to the Arsenal nearly every week, and they eventually won the league and cups.

I for one agree that it aint too pretty just now however compared to last season its night and day.

Guest jambomickey

my own opinion is i'd like us to play 2 upfront but at the same csaba knows what he's doing and at the end of the day i trust csaba to do what's best for the team

Correct.

Has nobody else noticed that our defence is also total garbage? If we've only had one clean sheet so far playing one up front, what will happen should we throw another man up the park?

I'd like to see our back five a bit more settled before we commit to more attacking football.

Archived