Players wages not a worry says Berra.

Munch

http:news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7627960.stm

I hope Vlads not been hit by the Credit Crunch.

As the club and players have both stated its a NON-STORY. Technical hitch, wages will be paid this week. The end.

I couldn't tell you the number of times my wages have been a couple of days late.

MacDonald Jardine
http:news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7627960.stm

I hope Vlads not been hit by the Credit Crunch.

How many threads do we need?

This looks remarkably similar to a post on hibs.net.

Is this enough confirmation for those who said the story was a load of garbage ?

I don't recall too many saying it was a load of garbage. A lot of us were saying it was a complete non-issue, which it is. But then that's never going to stop the drama queens making a mountain out of a mole hill, is it DH?

By the way, wasn't Kello due to be 'this seasons Kurskis'?:o

I don't recall too many saying it was a load of garbage. A lot of us were saying it was a complete non-issue, which it is. But then that's never going to stop the drama queens making a mountain out of a mole hill, is it DH?

Several were saying it was a load of nonsense.

It clearly wasn't.

By the way, wasn't Kello due to be 'this seasons Kurskis'?:o

Silly attempt at point scoring Martin T.

But if you cared to read my earlier post on the 'Kello' thread you will see I have admitted that Kello is making me quite happily eat my words.

While you dragging up previous posts isn't?

Fair point.

But to raise the Kello/Kurkis issue on a thread about the players wages was an attempt to save some face.

IMO.

Fair point.

But to raise the Kello/Kurkis issue on a thread about the players wages was an attempt to save some face.

IMO.

Errr where exactly have I lost 'face' DH? Right from the start of the 'wages' rumour I was saying that if it was true, it was still a complete non-issue. To call into the question the liquidity of a company due to wages being a day late is completely farcical. Today's Sunday Mail match report is full of similar scaremongering and speculation incidently.

JAMBOn_et_fromage

Drylaw Hearts says - "If the story is true I would hazard a guess that the players will be furious."

Christophe Berra says - "There is nothing to worry about. It's the first time that it's ever happened and hopefully it's the last."

:P

Errr where exactly have I lost 'face' DH? Right from the start of the 'wages' rumour I was saying that if it was true, it was still a complete non-issue. To call into the question the liquidity of a company due to wages being a day late is completely farcical. Today's Sunday Mail match report is full of similar scaremongering and speculation incidently.

Ok.

But why bring the Kello/Kurkis issue into a thread about players wages ?

Ok.

But why bring the Kello/Kurkis issue into a thread about players wages ?

I used it in a contextual sense to highlight your tendency to always fully embrace the worst case scenario. I suppose as a pessimist your expectations are low, so you are never really all that disappointed.

I used it in a contextual sense to highlight your tendency to always fully embrace the worst case scenario. I suppose as a pessimist your expectations are low, so you are never really all that disappointed.

Correct.

Is this enough confirmation for those who said the story was a load of garbage ?

You must have been very happy when this 'non story' broke.

Why do you bother? Surely Hobos.net would offer you better sympathy!

Is it enough confirmation though for those who took in the Daily Records report that the players were RAGING.

You must have been very happy when this 'non story' broke.

Why do you bother? Surely Hobos.net would offer you better sympathy!

The truth is always somewhere in between

It's hardly a non story when wages are not paid. However if they are paid by tomorrow and it doesn't happen again then it becomes a non story.

Scotland on Sunday suggested yesterday that the wages are paid weekly directly from a Bank in Lithuania.

Does seem like quite an odd practice, and would mean that there is surely a higher chance of this sort of thing happening again given additional complications of weekly wage runs/international transactions.

Scotland on Sunday suggested yesterday that the wages are paid weekly directly from a Bank in Lithuania.

Does seem like quite an odd practice, and would mean that there is surely a higher chance of this sort of thing happening again given additional complications of weekly wage runs/international transactions.

Why has it not happened in the last few years then? It shouldn't happen again. Players will make allowances the first time and maybe a second but after that, no. This is what happened at Hamiton some years ago and they went on strike.

One major thing about the story that was incorrect was the frequency of the payments.

DR reported monthly wages however the players are paid on a weekly basis.

On a personal front having worked in branches and dealt with foreign transfers it is not unusual for something to go wrong with a 'SWIFT' payment or for the funds to end up in a suspense account or arrive a few days late.

Personally its a non story that the DR are trying to stretch out and get some sort of propaganda going!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I trust the club will be happy enough to confirm that the 'glitch' is sorted to assuage any concerns the fans may have?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
But if it happened then it's a story.

Is it not ?

Depends on its importance. The players getting paid a day or two late is, in my opinion (and apparently CB's), not a story.

I got a bag of chips on the way home from the game yesterday. That happened, I wouldn't call it a story though.

As the club and players have both stated its a NON-STORY. Technical hitch, wages will be paid this week. The end.

I couldn't tell you the number of times my wages have been a couple of days late.

Has this thread returned back to the topic, yet? I stopped reading after about post 6 with all the nya-nya-nya stuff.

Here's my attempt:

I would be very worried about any employer that couldn't put in place the basic systems and controls that allow the employees to receive their (ahem) hard earned cash. Loveof, you're more tolerant than me, but whilst non-payment may not necessarily indicate a cashflow problem, it certainly doesn't scream, "Well-run company."

Berra's a wee laddie who, in his so far short career with the Hearts really ought to have learnt that it just wouldn't do to come out in the press and have a pop at the club's management. So, do you think that what he's saying is (a) fully informed {he's a young footballer, not an experienced businessman} and/or (B) politically expedient.

Whilst I wouldn't say, "Run for the Hills", I certainly wouldn't take my eye off the situation.

Depends on its importance. The players getting paid a day or two late is, in my opinion (and apparently CB's), not a story.

I got a bag of chips on the way home from the game yesterday. That happened, I wouldn't call it a story though.

A SPL Club didn't pay there players on time - of course the papers are going to make a big story out of it if they can.

Also....

if this had happened to Hibs players I'm sure the majority of views on JKB regarding this subject would be very different.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
A SPL Club didn't pay there players on time - of course the papers are going to make a big story out of it if they can.

Also....

if this had happened to Hibs players I'm sure the majority of views on JKB regarding this subject would be very different.

I agree - doesn't mean it IS one though.

Also....

For very different reasons though. They're forever waxing lyrical about their wondrous hobonomical expertise and if they were two days late with wages, there would be a thread about it....sure...but people would be laughing DH. They wouldn't be claiming that Hibs were in crisis...mostly because it is a non-event, no matter which club it happens to. *

(* Gretna excepted, for obvious reasons.)

It is now last week's non-story; one in a series of non-stories.

This week's non-story:- "Csaba is an actor and a bare-faced liar" (copyright The Daily Record)

I agree - doesn't mean it IS one though.

Yet it is.

The players weren't paid on time due to technical reasons.

That is a story - maybe not an exciting one but a story nonetheless.

Is it still a non-story even though it did actually happen ?

Well given that the DR are making mountains out of a mole hill then yes pretty much. It happened but its no big deal and the players havent made anything of it. If this was a regular occurance then I could understand an issue being made of it however this is the 1st time and hopefully the last.

Has this thread returned back to the topic, yet? I stopped reading after about post 6 with all the nya-nya-nya stuff.

Here's my attempt:

I would be very worried about any employer that couldn't put in place the basic systems and controls that allow the employees to receive their (ahem) hard earned cash. Loveof, you're more tolerant than me, but whilst non-payment may not necessarily indicate a cashflow problem, it certainly doesn't scream, "Well-run company."

Berra's a wee laddie who, in his so far short career with the Hearts really ought to have learnt that it just wouldn't do to come out in the press and have a pop at the club's management. So, do you think that what he's saying is (a) fully informed {he's a young footballer, not an experienced businessman} and/or (B) politically expedient.

Whilst I wouldn't say, "Run for the Hills", I certainly wouldn't take my eye off the situation.

The system banks use for transfering funds to another country has always been 'flawed' for the want of a better word. Having used it many a time when I worked in the branch network it was always inconsistent (time it takes to reach the destination account. 1 time it could take 4 days then on another it could be 8 days) and temperamental (keying the same details and one day hits the account on another occasion goes to a suspense account then waits investigation).

However I do agree that Hearts should have a back in place ie funds with BoS for said emergencies.

For very different reasons though. They're forever waxing lyrical about their wondrous hobonomical expertise and if they were two days late with wages, there would be a thread about it....sure...but people would be laughing DH. They wouldn't be claiming that Hibs were in crisis...mostly because it is a non-event, no matter which club it happens to. *

(* Gretna excepted, for obvious reasons.)

I think our situation is a little different to those at ER.

We aren't in as strong a financial position as them and if you had to look long and hard at which Club could be a casualty - we would have to be in the Top 3 most likely.

The media will realise this and with VR being a Banker, amongst other things, he must be coming under some pressure - which is why we're probably making all these cuts to our cloth.

I think they probably had a whiff of blood and attempted to poison the wound - I don't blame them.

We aren't exactly bosom buddies with the media.

That is a story - maybe not an exciting one but a story nonetheless.

According to loose interpretation of the word found in the dictionary, but certainly not according to journalistic standards expected of print media.

Not even the most basic elements are present. It's pathetic journalism.

Seymour M Hersh

It only affected the weekly wage earners. Salaried staff are fine. The players can all survive a couple of days but the weekly paid workers like groundstaff might have found it unnerving which is very unfortunate. I spoke to someone who is paid by the club (monthly I think) and all the staff were made aware and there was no outrage from anyone. Obviously if they are not paid by today/ tomorrow or if it starts to be a trend then that would be worrying. However if as a spokesperson apparently said it's a one off technical glitch should we be getting overly worried? Imo no.

It happens. A good example is found within our own Armed Forces where the new "JPA" system, designed to simplify the payment of salaries and allowances, contrived to delay payment to large numbers of service personnel when it was introduced at first.

I think our situation is a little different to those at ER.

We aren't in as strong a financial position as them and if you had to look long and hard at which Club could be a casualty - we would have to be in the Top 3 most likely.

The media will realise this and with VR being a Banker, amongst other things, he must be coming under some pressure - which is why we're probably making all these cuts to our cloth.

I think they probably had a whiff of blood and attempted to poison the wound - I don't blame them.

We aren't exactly bosom buddies with the media.

Did you read last year's report on finances in Scottish football? We're all possible casualties! The OF are more unlikely of course, but nobody is entirely safe. Debt or no debt, we're still on a less shoogly peg than a number of the smaller clubs in the SPL.

You could well be right about where this stuff is coming from, but I'd modify that theory slightly and say that with the banking crisis ongoing they might well be looking for something to report and found nothing. The only issue being a delay in payment of wages so they decide to report that cos it's the best they can muster.

If they had anything better, you can bet your boots we would have heard about it. Even if they only had fragments of a possible story, we'd still have heard their version of it by now. The fact that this is the best they can do cheers me somewhat.

It is now last week's non-story; one in a series of non-stories.

This week's non-story:- "Csaba is an actor and a bare-faced liar" (copyright The Daily Record)

That story is an opinion. Wages not being paid is a fact. As I said before if there is no problem the wages will be paid and it won't happen again.

It only affected the weekly wage earners. Salaried staff are fine. The players can all survive a couple of days but the weekly paid workers like groundstaff might have found it unnerving which is very unfortunate. I spoke to someone who is paid by the club (monthly I think) and all the staff were made aware and there was no outrage from anyone. Obviously if they are not paid by today/ tomorrow or if it starts to be a trend then that would be worrying. However if as a spokesperson apparently said it's a one off technical glitch should we be getting overly worried? Imo no.

At least you know believe it happened.

;)

Seymour M Hersh
At least you know believe it happened.

;)

I wondered how long you'd be! :)

I never said it didn't happen just I wanted more conclusive proof/information than a story in the ****** lifted from this message board. I didn't think it was too much to ask.

Did you read last year's report on finances in Scottish football? We're all possible casualties! The OF are more unlikely of course, but nobody is entirely safe. Debt or no debt, we're still on a less shoogly peg than a number of the smaller clubs in the SPL.

You could well be right about where this stuff is coming from, but I'd modify that theory slightly and say that with the banking crisis ongoing they might well be looking for something to report and found nothing. The only issue being a delay in payment of wages so they decide to report that cos it's the best they can muster.

If they had anything better, you can bet your boots we would have heard about it. Even if they only had fragments of a possible story, we'd still have heard their version of it by now. The fact that this is the best they can do cheers me somewhat.

At our level of debt we are much higher up on the list than the majority of the SPL imo.

Also.....

The media will keep digging and keep poking and prodding away until they find something.

Again - I don't blame them. VR created this little war and I don't think it will ever end.

Chad Sexington
At our level of debt we are much higher up on the list than the majority of the SPL imo.

Also.....

The media will keep digging and keep poking and prodding away until they find something.

Again - I don't blame them. VR created this little war and I don't think it will ever end.

So does that mean you support them?

I wondered how long you'd be! :)

I never said it didn't happen just I wanted more conclusive proof/information than a story in the ****** lifted from this message board. I didn't think it was too much to ask.

I thought the proof was in the statement form the Hearts spokesman.

The same one you quoted in you earlier post.

:)

Whatever the reason, it should not have happened.

However, it was interesting to here Berra say it has never happened before, when so many people here in the know said it has happened on more than one occassion in the past.

Seymour M Hersh
I thought the proof was in the statement form the Hearts spokesman.

The same one you quoted in you earlier post.

:)

That "quote" was and still is 2nd, 3rd or even 4th hand to me. And iirc it was a spokesperson so could well have been a female employee.:P

Archived