Who is this 'Miko' bloke we've signed?

Buffalo Bill

Little Miko, he's scoring winning goals and playing his heart out; like a new signing, and a reminder of a guy we used to have before he barged into cheating Hun linesman, Andy Davis.

Now that the new Miko is enjoying a great season, the tabloids and their Tartan Army-lorry driving readership ( guys called 'Big Shugs' or 'Rab') will be forced to endure the sights and plunderings of our flying winger. Opposition fans, who boo his every touch are now going back to Inverness and Motherwell with something new to chew on: that this boy can really play.

So a happy Sunday morning to you all, and get it up them; get it right up all of them Miko Miko Miko!

Buffalo Bill

Commander Harris
Little Miko, he's scoring winning goals and playing his heart out; like a new signing, and a reminder of a guy we used to have before he barged into cheating Hun linesman, Andy Davis.

Now that the new Miko is enjoying a great season, the tabloids and their Tartan Army-lorry driving readership ( guys called 'Big Shugs' or 'Rab') will be forced to endure the sights and plunderings of our flying winger. Opposition fans, who boo his every touch are now going back to Inverness and Motherwell with something new to chew on: that this boy can really play.

So a happy Sunday morning to you all, and get it up them; get it right up all of them Miko Miko Miko!

Buffalo Bill

we've got Miko, miko-liunas on the wing, on the wing.

Miko, oh Mikoliunas, oh mikoliunas on the wi-ing.

:biggrin:

There is absolutely no doubt that he can play. I hope Shabba can get the best out of him (looks as though he is so far), and that the usual numpties in the stands stay off his back as he is clearly a confidence player.

Loved the way he controlled a difficult ball with one touch, dead, and then sprayed the 40 yard pass to that No.10 bloke. It was class, shame No.10 did his usual with it.

Miko has class, his effort is undeniable, we need to keep supporting him.

Rod.

Jambof3tornado

Never mind his goal scoring and bursting up the wings,what about his tracking back,he lost the ball in the ICT box and ran like an intercity train to the halfway line to challenge for it back...now thats what I want from all the players!!!

There is absolutely no doubt that he can play. I hope Shabba can get the best out of him (looks as though he is so far), and that the usual numpties in the stands stay off his back as he is clearly a confidence player.

Loved the way he controlled a difficult ball with one touch, dead, and then sprayed the 40 yard pass to that No.10 bloke. It was class, shame No.10 did his usual with it.

Miko has class, his effort is undeniable, we need to keep supporting him.

Rod.

Im a numptie am i?:P

No, i don`t barrack him from the stands and i`ll admit to not being his greatest fan(although i liked him when he first came) but he did have a good game yesterday but still nothing startling like most of the team.

Sorry, i can`t agree that miko has class:eek:, maybe effort and a nice touch now and again but let`s not get over excited.

Not so long ago( and for quite a period) he was mince. The early signs are that Laszlo has gave him a bit confidence but in 20 or so games lets see what everyone is saying.

Just because a player turns in a couple of good peformances doesn`t mean he`s turned it around, likewise a good player doesn`t suddenly become cr ap because he`s had a couple of stinkers.

scott herbertson
He's a Ying and Yang player - he'll get sent off next week.

I am finding your comments funnier and funnier

I'm beginning to think you must be a hugely optimistic jambo on the wind up.

;)

No, i don`t barrack him from the stands and i`ll admit to not being his greatest fan(although i liked him when he first came) but he did have a good game yesterday but still nothing startling like most of the team.

Sorry, i can`t agree that miko has class:eek:, maybe effort and a nice touch now and again but let`s not get over excited.

Not so long ago( and for quite a period) he was mince. The early signs are that Laszlo has gave him a bit confidence but in 20 or so games lets see what everyone is saying.

Just because a player turns in a couple of good peformances doesn`t mean he`s turned it around, likewise a good player doesn`t suddenly become cr ap because he`s had a couple of stinkers.

Couple of points, he has terrific control, has a terrific shot in both feet and has the ability to beat a man with pace as well as skill.

Also...it's not just a couple of games, he was our best player at the tail end of last season by a country mile and has therefore continued it into the beginning of this season.

Glad to hear you are not a numptie:)

Cheers,

Rod.

:cheer1:

The problem with Miko has alway been consistency. Even for a winger he's horribly inconsistent.

If he can solve this issue great. However, I fear that he will continue to frustrate.

That said hopefully yesterday was a springboard he can move on from.

I cannot think of a consistently good winger, Miko will always be inconsistent, but when he's not playing that well you will always get 100% from him, top player for me. Mon the Miko.:cheer1:

I think it is clear that this Laszo chappie gets results from his players - Miko always had talent he just needed somone to get the best out of him and curb his enthusiasm in other parts of his game

Laslo - 9/10 so foar for me

Rock solid performance from Miko yesterday, bar one attempt on goal from 25yds ( when perhaps a pass out wide was the better option ) that went almost sideways :eek:

Found himself BEHIND Wallace on many occasions, trying his best to help shore up the left side. :)

To be honest I dont feel the 'early days yet' tag is really warranted, I think he's been solid, for Miko anyway :rolleyes: , since the mid point of last season at the very least :)

siegementality
Couple of points, he has terrific control, has a terrific shot in both feet and has the ability to beat a man with pace as well as skill.

Also...it's not just a couple of games, he was our best player at the tail end of last season by a country mile and has therefore continued it into the beginning of this season.

Cheers,

Rod.

Disagree, that is one of his biggest failings. Miko very rarely beats his man, how many crosses does he get into the box?. That said he is performing better and that is in some part due to him taking the easier options and making simple passes. Less mistakes = less abuse, I think he's realised that.

Cheers,

Rod.

Tail end of the last season, whoopee. The point is, he`s been at the club nigh on 5 years, constantly involved in the first team and still hasn`t flourished into a strong dependable player.

How many players get that long? For most part he`s been sub -standard, He`s had his moments, no doubt, but he hasn`t proved over any great length of time to be a solid performer.

Will this be the season? who knows but how many chances is he going to get?

Tail end of the last season, whoopee. The point is, he`s been at the club nigh on 5 years, constantly involved in the first team and still hasn`t flourished into a strong dependable player.

How many players get that long? For most part he`s been sub -standard, He`s had his moments, no doubt, but he hasn`t proved over any great length of time to be a solid performer.

Will this be the season? who knows but how many chances is he going to get?

As many as uncle Vlad allows him.

Hearts Heritage
The problem with Miko has alway been consistency. Even for a winger he's horribly inconsistent.

If he can solve this issue great. However, I fear that he will continue to frustrate.

That said hopefully yesterday was a springboard he can move on from.

It was always thus

bobbyprentice.jpg

He has always had the talent.Was really good yesterday cool and composed in possession when in tricky situations and a great finish once again.I think he would be brilliant in the hole once Driver is back or when Driver is back keep Miko on the left with Driver on the right.

ps it probably helps when he has a good manager at club and international level to help him out and incourage him.

Disagree, that is one of his biggest failings. Miko very rarely beats his man, how many crosses does he get into the box?. That said he is performing better and that is in some part due to him taking the easier options and making simple passes. Less mistakes = less abuse, I think he's realised that.

Like the one to Larry in the 2nd half, you would have to be blind to have missed the change in miko in terms of work ethic alone.

Was it just my imagination or did Scott play a little "Miko" jingle just after he scored? Peter Gabriel's "Biko" with the first letter changed?

He is definitely working harder when he plays and has added a couple of goals and can be a threat. Against, he has been sent off again and needs to improve his decision making.

All in all a big improvement from last season but lets be honest, thats not hard.

Rab Prentice was a better player than Miko....but just as erratic as well

Miko can hold his head high...he gives his all every game.

Cant wait til he scores a winning goal in Glasgay.

He is definitely working harder when he plays and has added a couple of goals and can be a threat. Against, he has been sent off again and needs to improve his decision making.

All in all a big improvement from last season but lets be honest, thats not hard.

I agree thats all it is.Still nowhere near the form he first showed when Robbo was manager.Still crap away from home as well.

Still at least he is trying and he is now a squad player on merit.

Say What Again
Loved the way he controlled a difficult ball with one touch, dead, and then sprayed the 40 yard pass to that No.10 bloke.

Then was subbed within seconds.

Then was subbed within seconds.

Even though Miko was dong great - I thought tactically this was spot on.

Basically give the team the opportunity to see if we could get another, but when it becomes clear that it isn't going to happen, fill the gaps and protect what you have before the other mob get more confidence.

Great show by Miko the sub (imo) was tactical and not a reflection on him.

Say What Again
Great show by Miko the sub (imo) was tactical and not a reflection on him.

Agreed.

Though how Jamie Mole stayed on the park is for another thread.

i think he picked up a slight injury yesterday.

in the 5 - 10 minutes before getting subbed , there was a lot of talking going on between him and the bench , he kept telling them to hold off taking him off. but you could see he was getting less and less mobile.

There is no doubt he has quality. I think he has needed a bit of confidence and Csaba has given him that and if he builds on yesterday he could be like a new signing and a big player for us.

I still reckon Chesney could be the player for the 'hole'.

Jambof3tornado
Was it just my imagination or did Scott play a little "Miko" jingle just after he scored? Peter Gabriel's "Biko" with the first letter changed?

There was a miko song played,no idea what it was......other than rather cheesey!!

I'm a huge fan of Miko, on and off the pitch

The fans who say they hate him (i'm sure) secretly like him

He is one of our longest serving players, our top goalscorer at the club and gives his all (usually)

There are times when he is a passanger, he is often over zelous in a challenge but I love the kid

Long may his purple patch continue

Miko Miko Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiko!

Tell you what, Miko was outside talking to the kids, signing autographs and having his photo taken long after everyone else was gone.

I like that in a player too

Miko played well yesterday and I thought he was very unfortunate to be subbed.

I would rather have seen Kingston hooked and Miko switched to RM.

Also.....

Ruben came off the bench and played LM.

:)

there was something played didna recognise it tho

there was something played didna recognise it tho

The song was about Bantu Steven Biko who was beaten to death by the South African authorities during the Aparthied era. (watch the film "Cry Freedom" - very good film - quite exciting and tense too if I recall)

Bit odd to match it to Miko, but I thought it was good on two levels - first it was just a bit of fun and di sound like "Miko" so why not? secondly anything that sparks a discussion and encourages people to find out about the chilling end effects of racism and bigotry can only be a good thing.

Decent song too - well done Scott

I agree completely and by the same token the jury's out in my opinion on Michael Stewart, who's in exactly the same boat....so far so good ...but I still think that he believes that he's better than he really is ....average SPL mid field player....:P

The song was about Bantu Steven Biko who was beaten to death by the South African authorities during the Aparthied era. (watch the film "Cry Freedom" - very good film - quite exciting and tense too if I recall)

Bit odd to match it to Miko, but I thought it was good on two levels - first it was just a bit of fun and di sound like "Miko" so why not? secondly anything that sparks a discussion and encourages people to find out about the chilling end effects of racism and bigotry can only be a good thing.

Decent song too - well done Scott

He's actually been using that song for Miko for over two years!

He's actually been using that song for Miko for over two years!

TBH it's the first time I have noticed it, but then I usually sit in section F, maybe our speaker is duff

I would like to see him up front in the middle playing off Nade or another big player, as he will get the goals which is the main thing lacking this season for the whole team.

Played a great game yesterday and his goal won me a tenner, so all good :)

Hopefully Csaba can get the same out of Chesney and we can give Larry a 'rest', might just work out a treat for all.

Tell you what, Miko was outside talking to the kids, signing autographs and having his photo taken long after everyone else was gone.

I like that in a player too

If you could bottle his passion and commitment to club and its support and feed it to others in the team, we would be unbeatable.

Sometimes it gets the better of him but I would rather that than a highly paid mrcenary going through the motions.

It is simple acts like taking time for fans that make him more of a favourite than some on JKB would admit to.

:cheer1:

I cannot think of a consistently good winger, Miko will always be inconsistent, but when he's not playing that well you will always get 100% from him, top player for me. Mon the Miko.:cheer1:

that ronaldo boy is always on/off isn't he. :rolleyes:

siegementality
Like the one to Larry in the 2nd half, you would have to be blind to have missed the change in miko in terms of work ethic alone.

So he put in one cross you can remember in the 70 odd minutes he was on the pitch, seems I was right when I said he didn't beat is man and cross often enough then.

As for his work ethic, did I not say he was performing better? what part of that didn't you understand?

It was always thus

bobbyprentice.jpg

Never understood why they asked those footy players of yesteryear to pose like they were doing a dump in a park...

The point that we attempt to illustrate is that the man has skill which is immensurate. His movement is ace - ref reactions are a disgrace. We need to stand up together and sing - "isn't Miko a star on the wing?"............

sorry

The boy has become a man, he will get better and better, he has the skill, he now is putting in the effort to match.

Archived