so called fans that know plums

artfuldodger

why do a lot of our fans not have a single clue about football. it really saddens me the lack of football knowledge that gets spouted in the stands these days.after going a goal up today i sat beside some idiot who spent the next 20 mins telling his unintrested daughter how we(all hearts fans) dont like to see the team pass the ball around the back 4 when winning. reality check needed for some people . we won

Guest juvehearts
why do a lot of our fans not have a single clue about football. it really saddens me the lack of football knowledge that gets spouted in the stands these days.after going a goal up today i sat beside some idiot who spent the next 20 mins telling his unintrested daughter how we(all hearts fans) dont like to see the team pass the ball around the back 4 when winning. reality check needed for some people . we won

we won, 1-0 against a very poor ICT side.

l will always say youre only as good as the opposition.

what were hearts today then?

pros taken from the game....... 3 pts & a clean sheet.

pros. Kello

cons. 4-5-1 at home.

cons. larry Kingston.

cons. jamie Mole

cons. having the ball on the edge of the opposition 18yard box & finding 3 passes back to our GK.

You will probably find a few on this thread. Not getting up to Tynecastle as often as I would like, I have to rely on this forum, The online Scotsman and the one minute of BBC highlights to form an impression of how things are going. It was great to watch 90 minutes on BBC Alba last night to see for myself. Not perfect but in my time I have seen a lot,lot worse.

I heard a classic yesterday after a dangerous looking cross had passed right through the Inverness 6 yard box with no takers. The guy in front of me yelled "You should have been on the end of that Mole you useless *$%@!"

Mole had delivered the cross. I'm all for demanding a high work rate but that seems to be taking it too far

That's an amazing post - do you have to have a footballing brain to be a fan ? I have played and coached at a decent level and I often hear comments that sound to me like a pile of nonsense but hell's teeth people are allowed their opinions. One of the traits of the Scottish people is that most of us are self appointed experts on anything to do with football. I have been to matches with knowledgeable football people who, when the supporter passion kicks in spout some utter garbage - I am no doubt just as bad myself.

Chill out - it can actually be quite amusing !

I suppose that people attending matches all have differing levels of knowledge about the game. If you really want to view the loud mouthed and completely unknowlegable - try watching a kids match with blinkered parents on the side lines frothing at the mouth over every decision made during the game - a real sight to behold.

we won, 1-0 against a very poor ICT side.

l will always say youre only as good as the opposition.

what were hearts today then?

pros taken from the game....... 3 pts & a clean sheet.

pros. Kello

cons. 4-5-1 at home.

cons. larry Kingston.

cons. jamie Mole

cons. having the ball on the edge of the opposition 18yard box & finding 3 passes back to our GK.

Presumably you enjoyed the BBC Alba re-run though, at least it gave you the opportunity to form an opinion this week for yourself?

Guest jambomickey

everybody entitled to there opinion

I heard a classic yesterday after a dangerous looking cross had passed right through the Inverness 6 yard box with no takers. The guy in front of me yelled "You should have been on the end of that Mole you useless *$%@!"

Mole had delivered the cross. I'm all for demanding a high work rate but that seems to be taking it too far

Superb!

When Miko scored I was happy and praised him for the goal. The guy next to me, on the other hand, said "Anyone could have scored that. You're still a Lithuanian w*****."

I don't know why this guy goes. He spends the whole time muttering insults to all of the players.

My Dad claimed to have heard the same criticism shouted at Willie Bauld in the 50s.

Superb!

TBH - I think i was sitting beheind moles dad/agent yesterday. I'm sorry but i've being to every game except the ranagers game this year and i do not think he deserves to start ! He was ****ing awful yesterday and a passager for the whole game. But heaven forbidden tell the guy in front. when he went thru he stood have scored yesterday but the guy turned around to me to tell me i know nothing about football !

As for yesterday performance, i thought it was bad, and quite unexpected. We played much better and passed the ball better against falkirk than against ICT. But we won, end of

ffs we won is that no enough for some of u perfectionists if we play **** every week and still win we'll b champions but that would upset some so called fans on here,we get beat complaints,draw complaints,win even more complaints,just for the record I prefered the early 80s when we were ****e but the fans were brilliant we were mental in those days eh I know when I had the most fun in the non pc days

I have never heard so much rubbish spouted as I heard yesterday. Eggert was so bad "he should get cancer " and or "should be shot". After Kello and Zal got into a mix up the same tube shouted "come on you both speak the same language!" Stewart was also not making any effort and Kello was time wasting in the first half when he got kicked. I dont know where these people come from but we seem to be breeding a generatrion of supporters who go to matches to moan at the players. I appreciate it wasnt a great performance but we won! These people would have been delighted had Inverness got a late goal so they could really moan.

Most league games of all kinds (I imagine) are won by the odd goal or drawn.

That's four odd-goal victories out of six for us.

Given that it is more or less the same squad (of yesterday's starters only Kello, who looked great I though, was new) , compared with last year that's quite an improvement.

Not sure what Juve thinks was wrong with Kingston yesterday. People say he doesn't try, but he was up and down the park as much as anyone.

It's Ksnavicius who puzzles me. His ball-retention is shocking; he just seems to surrender it almost without being challenged. And yet once or twice a game he does something really significant like yesterday (I seem to remember) setting up Miko (that was AK's through ball wasn't it?) or scoring against Well.

Complete contrast with Nade who holds the ball up well.

Near the end of the game , at a long throw Kello came barging out, to which I said ''What the ****s he doing ?'' only for Kello to cleanly catch the ball and make me look a right tube (again) needless to say the folk round about me had a good laugh :P

J.T.F.Robertson

Seems a reasonable request ....... be in two places at once. :rolleyes:

You will probably find a few on this thread. Not getting up to Tynecastle as often as I would like, I have to rely on this forum, The online Scotsman and the one minute of BBC highlights to form an impression of how things are going. It was great to watch 90 minutes on BBC Alba last night to see for myself. Not perfect but in my time I have seen a lot,lot worse.

Presumably you enjoyed the BBC Alba re-run though, at least it gave you the opportunity to form an opinion this week for yourself?

Not sure if this is a reference to me. If so please see above opinion :)

Near the end of the game , at a long throw Kello came barging out, to which I said ''What the ****s he doing ?'' only for Kello to cleanly catch the ball and make me look a right tube (again) needless to say the folk round about me had a good laugh :P

To be fair- WTF was he doing ? :D That was mental, thankfully it worked.

There is 2 other posibilities here...

1. The guy might have been having a laugh. Sarcastically commenting that Mole SHOULD have been in the box INSTEAD of outside crossing it in.

2. Same reason as above but this time not joking.

Never heard the comment but I have to admit when he crossed to nobody, the thoughts above went through my head.

Malinga the Swinga
Seems a reasonable request ....... be in two places at once. :rolleyes:

If you can't be in at least 2 places at the same time, then you should be dropped as a wage thief. In fact, everyone should be in at least 3 places at the one time or be dropped for lack of effort.

one thing i will never get about our support is why when we are winning with a few minutes to go people start leaving whilst we are either on the back foot or in yesterdays case defending a corner!

As for yesterday performance, i thought it was bad, and quite unexpected. We played much better and passed the ball better against falkirk than against ICT. But we won, end of

Said that as we were leaving. We played much much better in the second half against Falkirk and we lost there. That means that either ICT are really really poor, or Falkirk were bloody lucky to get away with it.

Cant complain about winning at home I suppose, but we look like we are either going to get a hiding soon, or give someone a hiding ourselves. No-one is really sure whats coming next from this team.

Cant wait until Csaba's first choice 11 take the field.(dont think he has got even close to that yet) Then we'll see how good or otherwise we are.

At half time in the Airdrie game, the guy next to me was yelling and moaning at the under 6s (or whatever they were), actually getting worked up at the kids the same way he was for the full game... Bizarre.

I have no idea where he sits, maybe section Q somewhere...but there's a guy who makes this horrendous noise every time he gets angry. It basically sounds like he's heaving and preparing to vomit...heard him lot last year (unsurprisingly) and then again on Saturday. Quite disconcerting, really.

ArmiyaRomanova
I have no idea where he sits, maybe section Q somewhere...but there's a guy who makes this horrendous noise every time he gets angry. It basically sounds like he's heaving and preparing to vomit...heard him lot last year (unsurprisingly) and then again on Saturday. Quite disconcerting, really.

That actually seems preferable to some of the bile that gets spewed out near me (in SR). Will have to listen out for the guy.

There's a guy sits behind me in section D. Moans all bloody game and I'm sure he tries to predict bad things so he can look clever. Every time the opposition attacks he come's out with "Oh For F***'s sake" well before anything happens and it gets right on my T**'s. Started giving him the Michael Winner "Calm Down Dear" - hope he stops soon.

He actually had a point TBH. It's not Mole's job to be delivering crosses, as the one and only (ahem) Striker his job is to get his erse into the box and get on the end of the dangerous crosses. Who did he expect to be attacking his cross when he is the one that's supposed to be in that position FFS? It's one thing about Jamie Mole that realy grips my shet, he is constantly out of position IMO.

Archived