Football the way it's meant to be played...

topcat

i agree we are keeping the ball better but wish we would up the tempo to try and put the game out of reach as 1-0 is never comfortable.good win

Well, it's not fantastic but in a period of transition it's better than being fantastic and losing or drawing.

Indeed. I think we learnt rather more about Csaba's philosophy today.

Priority 1 was keep possession and don't concede a goal. And make sure we keep our shape (which I think might explain why some players like Kingston seem reluctant to really cut loose).

There's some doubt (in my mind at least) that we have enough players in the squad that could play consistently to that particular remit all season long, but ICT are a stuffy team away from home and we got the three points which, at this stage is 90+% of what matters...

i cant understand why people would expect different when we score first at home. should we keep attacking then concede i dont think so. we kept a clean sheet as well

I would hope that this sort of entertainment isn't the 'end game', but I'm always happy to see Hearts win.

I'd love us to score more early goals and make the opposition come out, but the problem is that teams like ICT, St Mirren etc will doggedly stick to their game plan anyway, and keep plugging away. These teams seem to be laden with big guys who'll always have a chance at winning a high ball in our box from a late set piece.

With Mikey Stuart and (I can't believe I'm typing this) Miko in our team, we'll always have that little bit more quality in our ranks to get in behind these teams. I'm alright with it, if that means 'breaking away', ala Gerrerd Houllier's Liverpool team of circa 2001.

If we are to get better at that tactic, then we'll need to seriously improve up front. Right now we have an almost comical figure in Christian Nade, a workmanlike Jamie Mole, an injured Tullberg, an out-of-favour Makela, an average looking Ksanavicius, and a natural goal-scorer in Gary Glen, but is to be considered too young to be in the team.

We've won three out of three at home, and with the tools that Csaba has: that's a great effort.

But we are miles away from being the finished article.

Buffalo Bill

ToadKiller Dog
Score early and then try not to let them have the ball.

Magic

Sort of agree TC but not sure we have yet the ability to get out of it against the better teams when that goes wrong .

scott herbertson
Football the way it's meant to be played was arsenal at bolton last night after bolton scored = awesome.

..after Bolton scored

If ICT had scored first I think we would have seen a more expansive game.

We do have some options coming up or back though - Glen, Tullberg, Obua, Aguiar, Driver, Nade, Cesnauskis

So a close win against a difficult team which have beaten Falkirk and Aberdeen away this season is not that bad.

willie wallace

Don't think we kept possession very well in the second half.At times we gave it away aimlessly and no one seemed able to put their foot on the ball and take the sting out of the game.Obviously a win is what it is all about but i think we were a bit fortunate to get the 3 points yesterday.

I would hope that this sort of entertainment isn't the 'end game', but I'm always happy to see Hearts win.

I'd love us to score more early goals and make the opposition come out, but the problem is that teams like ICT, St Mirren etc will doggedly stick to their game plan anyway, and keep plugging away. These teams seem to be laden with big guys who'll always have a chance at winning a high ball in our box from a late set piece.

With Mikey Stuart and (I can't believe I'm typing this) Miko in our team, we'll always have that little bit more quality in our ranks to get in behind these teams. I'm alright with it, if that means 'breaking away', ala Gerrerd Houllier's Liverpool team of circa 2001.

If we are to get better at that tactic, then we'll need to seriously improve up front. Right now we have an almost comical figure in Christian Nade, a workmanlike Jamie Mole, an injured Tullberg, an out-of-favour Makela, an average looking Ksanavicius, and a natural goal-scorer in Gary Glen, but is to be considered too young to be in the team.

We've won three out of three at home, and with the tools that Csaba has: that's a great effort.

But we are miles away from being the finished article.

Buffalo Bill

Agreed. I also feel that we've been fortunate to have been playing 'poorer' sides or easier games at home during this bedding-in period (when we're devoid of a meaningful strikeforce).

We've still to see the OF, Hibs, Sheep & Utd visit - all of which will be more of a test.

Jambof3tornado

There was a 5 minute spell where we couldnt hold onto the ball,and that gave caley encouragement but outwith that time we kept our shape well,scored a good goal,and enjoyed possession,oh and we won 3 points again at home. Could fortress Tynecastle be back??

All that with some good players missing and a Nade who while looking much fitter,lacks match practice. I think he will come good this season and bag 12-15 goals for us.:)

Agreed. I also feel that we've been fortunate to have been playing 'poorer' sides or easier games at home during this bedding-in period (when we're devoid of a meaningful strikeforce).

We've still to see the OF, Hibs, Sheep & Utd visit - all of which will be more of a test.

excuse me, i'll give you hibs, the OF and utd but the sheep wont be a test, did you see them yesterday, hopeless!!! should bang 5 past em!!

Miko, o mikolinius, o miko miko miko miko

We kept the ball???? from what i saw Inverness had alot of the play from the moment we scored the goal and we lacked any thrust when we had a chance to break.

We got away with a win yesterday but maybe it`s a sign we can dig results out while not playing well?

I don`t know but i suppose we should be positive at the moment.:)

Archived