Well there you have it folks

hearts00

There is the 4-4-2 everyone has been screaming out for. Did we all enjoy it?

Yes three points is three points but I thought that was a really poor display that threw up far more questions than answers.

Back to the bad old days for me today, with two light weight wingers meaning that we were completely overrun in the middle of the park. Stewart looked nackered because he had so much ground to cover and Karipidis while having a decent game is too laborious to play CM in a 4-4-2.

Obviously not having quality up front does not help but I just thought we were poor today and at no point controlled the game.

Credit to Inverness, they played a high line and shut down the midfield, meaning we could not play the short passing football that we have done so far. However, only two shots in 90mins at home to ICT is pretty shocking.

I still think the 4-5-1 is the way to play but we obviously need the right personnel.

Audrey was obviously poor but I am afraid to say what did Kingston do again today. He has contributed nothing positive so far this season.

As much as I want Nade to be a great player for us, he still does not look fit enough to play 45mins.

On another note, the attendance was 12,900 or so. That is back to the Robinson days, and we have a far higher wage bill I would imagine - how does this work exactly.

As I said far more questions than answers and while 4 wins out of six is great, I still think Lazlo does not know what his best line-up is yet and I still feel we do not have anywhere near enough goals in the squad.

When were we over-run in the middle of the park?

I can remember about a 5 minute spell in the 2nd half where we were under pressure but we looked comfortable for most of the game.

Considering we had Audrey and Wallace in our team and we are without various other players, not a bad result at all.

We're going to have to feed on scraps, grind out results etc this season because we have a very average squad.

I left today feeling quite happy.

Edit - and how did we only have 2 shots on goal? We had more than that.

Guys you need to open your eyes. Just because we didnt have a recognised striker up there next to Mole does not mean we didnt play 4-4-2.

Audrey played right up along side Mole until he came off - he did not get involved in the midfield and I felt we were slightly overrun in that area.

At what stage of the game did we play 4-4-2 like ??

I would say when Nade came on it was supposed to be 4-4-2 but not sure it worked out that way.

Archived