Watford v Reading

Griclesfield

Soccer Saturday reporting that reading have been given a " made up " goal haha.

ball went out for a corner and the linesman has given a goal haha

SFA have been doing similar things for years up here .....

Bust my coupon as well...:mad:

Andy Davies Reading supporting cousin by chance...:rolleyes:

willie wallace

Just watched the highlights of that game.Unbelievable decision,the keeper thinks its a goal kick but linesman awards a goal.The referee must have known it was not a goal as no players or fans even claimed for one.Will be interesting to see who they award the "non goal"to.

because letting the opposition score on purpose is against the rules. There were two Asian teams that got hammered a few years ago because neither wanted to play in Vietnam, so both were blatantly letting one another score or were missing complete sitters just so they lost the game. the eventual winners still had to play a game in Vietnam so it was a bit pointless.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
because letting the opposition score on purpose is against the rules. There were two Asian teams that got hammered a few years ago because neither wanted to play in Vietnam, so both were blatantly letting one another score or were missing complete sitters just so they lost the game. the eventual winners still had to play a game in Vietnam so it was a bit pointless.

That's not the same thing really, those two teams were deliberately trying to lose the game, which wouldn't have been the case in the Reading/Watford game.

I don't think they should have done though, I mean are teams goig to start doing that every time they are awarded a goal they shouldn't have been?

I'm sure some team recently allowed another to score.

It's still comes down to the same thing, it's against the rules to purposely let the opposition score. Watford would have been screwing with the result, like those Asian teams had had they purposely conceded a goal, so aye, it is basically the same thing. No matter what went before, Watford would have been hammered had they allowed Reading to score, so it's not Watford that's at fault here, it's the officials. The only action Watford can take is to request a reply.

I'm sure some team recently allowed another to score.

I think that was after someone went down injured and (we'll say team A) put the ball out of play for their injured team-mate. Team B had to restart the game with a throw-in and then had to give the ball back to Team A. However, this led to a freak goal as Team A's goalie completely misjudged the back-pass and it went in.

Team B's manager then told his players to allow Team A's goalkeeper to run through the team and score a tap in.

I think.

I think that was after someone went down injured and (we'll say team A) put the ball out of play for their injured team-mate. Team B had to restart the game with a throw-in and then had to give the ball back to Team A. However, this led to a freak goal as Team A's goalie completely misjudged the back-pass and it went in.

Team B's manager then told his players to allow Team A's goalkeeper to run through the team and score a tap in.

I think.

I think it was Plymouth a few seasons ago - Might have been Stevie Crawford they let score.

Archived