Just had ?2000 stolen from paypal!

Brandt

Sure enough, 2k. Just before it though there was another withdrawal of $50. Then minutes after ?2000. I googled the email address that the $50 had taken from and lo and behold....Bebo lol! Better still, from Liverpool! I reckon the guy tested the water and smartly changed currency to try and throw me with the $50, then took the ?2k. Paypal are aware as they had emailed me and the payments are on hold so im certain i'll get them back. The bebo temptation is there but i'll see how it pans out. On his Bebo page he has a words per minute typing test that you can do. His result was 99.1% faster than anyone else on bebo. His aim in life is to make $2 million. Not pounds but dollars lol. Mental eh! how could he have got my details? thought i was pretty good with passwords by not having 2 of the same one any techys know?:)

Lets see hiss address so we can all leave incognito abuse.

But theres always someone who wont do it incognito though. And if it has to be taken further i dont want to have to explain why he has hundreds of abusive comment on his bebo page:)

You can. You just need to C&P it

not sure what C&p is buddy but like i said, its better to go through the proper channels for now. Anyhoo ,i'm off to the game. probably pass on my pie n bovril and chippie on the way home:glare:

Oh, and i'll let you know what happens. If its all safe and sound at the end i'll throw his bebo to the wolves! lol

Come on Hearts! FTH

Jamie_the_Jambo
Sure enough, 2k. Just before it though there was another withdrawal of $50. Then minutes after ?2000. I googled the email address that the $50 had taken from and lo and behold....Bebo lol! Better still, from Liverpool! I reckon the guy tested the water and smartly changed currency to try and throw me with the $50, then took the ?2k. Paypal are aware as they had emailed me and the payments are on hold so im certain i'll get them back. The bebo temptation is there but i'll see how it pans out. On his Bebo page he has a words per minute typing test that you can do. His result was 99.1% faster than anyone else on bebo. His aim in life is to make $2 million. Not pounds but dollars lol. Mental eh! how could he have got my details? thought i was pretty good with passwords by not having 2 of the same one any techys know?:)

how much money do you have in the paypal account. ?2000 is quite a bit of wedge?

Jamie

if the paypal account is linked up in a certain way to your bank account, it simply takes from there any shortfall in the PP account

if the paypal account is linked up in a certain way to your bank account, it simply takes from there any shortfall in the PP account

I had just over 2k in my paypal. My nephew told me that the person might have hacked the person who took the $50's email account so it would make it look like it was him who done it. I thought about it and he has a point. If your good at hacking to the extent you can hack into thousands of paypal accounts why would you leave any breadcrumbs, especially since it was the first ($50) theft that had all this guys info. Why would he take $50 with one traceable email then ?2000 with one, which i googled and got nothing...

Before you give us his bebo page, have a go at trying to figure out his password - there's a good chance it will be something like Anfield, Gerrard, Liverpool, Fernando or something like that.

If we get lucky with that we can have some real fun!

I'll be betting it'll be one of these gits that did it.

article-0-01BB0A9F00000578-546_468x286.jpg

Lol!

Little update. Had the hat and pipe earlier and managed to the link the 2 different addresses to the same person via a computer game website. Also, the liverpool that he happens to be from is in Australia. I compiled all my evidence and emailed it to paypal. He is a 17 year old Chinese / Oz national. He looks from his Bebo a pretty intelligent guy. His ambition is to make $2 million!

I only hope and prey that Paypal see this. When i sell a DVD from my site and the customer pays by credit card via paypal then 1 week later reverses the payment you have no protection from Paypal at all. They always side with banks/credit card companies. Its really frightening.

Anyway, as soon as its sorted i'll let you see the wee toley. dunno if the mods will have something to say though.

:)

Got the verdict from paypal on my ?2000 theft....

aha.jpg

Ok, so the initial $50 that was stolen is still pending. Thats the one with the guy with the bebo. As i said maybe the hacker hacked him to make it look like it was him but my detective work showed that there was a link to this guy and the other guy/girl via a computer game site so i dunno. I'm just glad i got the ?2000 back. Half pints on me! ;)

SO.... i proudly give you the email of a fraudster. Please, please, please, keep the abuse to a max!

MOD EDIT - As much as we sympathise with you over what happened we'd rather you didn't publish the email address in public on the forum thanks.

Oh, and if anybody gets a reply, please PM me, ta :)

Enjoy!

Archived