Ryder cup opening ceremony!!

Walter Bishop

Anyone else find Faldo cringeworthy as feck!!!

Got Soren Hansen name wrong and had to ask McDowall where he was from:eek:

He'd also had about 13 failed attempts at humour during his stuttery speech before i stopped counting.

He makes Stephen Hendry seem like Peter Kay.

Faldo is a bellend and although i still want Europe to win i have to admit id love to see his face if we were on the wrong end of a hammering.

He'd also had about 13 failed attempts at humour during his stuttery speech before i stopped counting.

He makes Stephen Hendry seem like Peter Kay.

Faldo is a bellend and although i still want Europe to win i have to admit id love to see his face if we were on the wrong end of a hammering.

You have a fiver on under 13 did you?

You have a fiver on under 13 did you?

Haha. Not this time.

The 11/8 for the shermans to win it is starting to tempt me though.;)

on paper this looks the weakest usa team ever

2 of the biggest chokers in the game out first

paddy power will be paying out already

Haha. Not this time.

The 11/8 for the shermans to win it is starting to tempt me though.;)

so you know very little about golf then :rolleyes:

Opening match is a steal, it's like printing money!

P Harrington / R Karlsson 6/5:cool:

I can see an emergency board meeting at HBOS tomorrow - right lads, lets solve this problem for once and for all

6/5 - you are kidding, should be 6/50

I can see an emergency board meeting at HBOS tomorrow - right lads, lets solve this problem for once and for all

It's safer than betting some other folks cash on the international money markets.

Opening match is a steal, it's like printing money!

P Harrington / R Karlsson 6/5:cool:

I think the US will win the first match, but Europe will win the remaining 3

I think the US will win the first match, but Europe will win the remaining 3

Opinions are like esreholes, everyones got them and they all stink....

...but you sir, are just plain wrong:rolleyes:;)

You obviously didn't watch the Ryder Cup opening ceremony.

I did - his speech was rank but I don't really give a toss about that

He's put out 4 winning pairs in the morning and that will do for me

Quite probably, but I just have a feeling Kim is gonna be the star of the U.S. team

what will mr speedbump be taking from the cookies across from his usual watering hole tomorrow

Quite probably, but I just have a feeling Kim is gonna be the star of the U.S. team

he'll be another typical yank "hot shot"

once chubby starts bottling it they'll fall to bits

what will mr speedbump be taking from the cookies across from his usual watering hole tomorrow

I've done it online just now with ladbrokes, might get some hard currency on it tomorrow morning:cool:

Huge Faldo fan and thankfully his ability on the course is not matched by his public speaking. I happen to agree (its hard not to) with opinions about how selfish he is but am I the only person to think that this will also help him and his team win the Cup again for Europe. Crikey us Scots canny win, we disliked Jacklin because he was English, them some didn't rate Gallagher because he was gash as a player and lets not forget he is a Hibby ;) Some probley dissed LAnger because he was German, Then Woosie because he was wee, Seve was probably bullet proof :cool:

Lets be thankful that we have a decent team out there and fingers crossed we can do it

PS. For whats its worth, I go for 2-2 in the morning

Huge Faldo fan and thankfully his ability on the course is not matched by his public speaking. I happen to agree (its hard not to) with opinions about how selfish he is but am I the only person to think that this will also help him and his team win the Cup again for Europe. Crikey us Scots canny win, we disliked Jacklin because he was English, them some didn't rate Gallagher because he was gash as a player and lets not forget he is a Hibby ;) Some probley dissed LAnger because he was German, Then Woosie because he was wee, Seve was probably bullet proof :cool:

Lets be thankful that we have a decent team out there and fingers crossed we can do it

PS. For whats its worth, I go for 2-2 in the morning

2-2 :mad: what you been taking tonight tom

2-2 :mad: what you been taking tonight tom

Sorry Bud but the Guiness was only a 1 pound a pint up the road today

Sorry Bud but the Guiness was only a 1 pound a pint up the road today

well when you sober up get some cash on europe to win

well when you sober up get some cash on europe to win

Oh dinnae worry about that, I was only suggesting it was tied after session 1, I have some daft American friend who happens to think its all but done before the singles start on Sunday. I wouldn't go that far but I do think we are in with a shout;)

I'm not really bothered enough to have a dig at Faldo for his speech. I don't care too much about what the captain's say in the opening ceremony. As for getting the country wrong, Langer said Monty was from England when picking his team.

I'm not going to be arrogant about our chances of winning the Ryder Cup. We clearly are favourites after winning 5 out of the last 6 but it is only 1 out of the last 2 in America so I don't think it as clear cut as some people are making out.

Faldo is a complete muppet, (picking Poulter WTF?) however it still should not be possible to lose this one for Europe.

It will be a complete embarassment if we loose this.

That is the worst attempt at public speaking I have seen in a long time. How long did he spend mumbling about his family and then didn't know his own fecking team!! :eek:

I think Poulter will get the most points of them all, a very similar player in style to Garcia, and will certainly noise the yanks up, get into them, but Faldo certainly made a bigger t#*t of himself than usual at the opening ceremony.For the sake of the cup the yanks need to win, but get it right up them Nick.

Forever Maroon

what about all that crap about him & his family ?!?

not sure he's the right man for the job.

still looking forward to a spectacular weekend of action

what about all that crap about him & his family ?!?

not sure he's the right man for the job.

still looking forward to a spectacular weekend of action

To be fair , it's a bigger family than most. How many (ex) wives in that lot of his ?:)

I disagree with the Poutler comments : I just don't rate him at all , especially down in Kentucky.

I always look forward to the ryder cup but i can't help feeling for the first time that it would be ok to see the americans romp it, it doesn't really feel right to think that way but Faldo is a grade A walloper and what a european loss might do to him could just be worth it. I wonder if darren Clarke feels the same way. I also think it is beyond comprehension that Monty was not even invited to the camp if only for his competitive edge and experience to rub of on some of the less experienced players.

USA USA USA Mmm still doesn't feel right.

I think Poulter will get the most points of them all, a very similar player in style to Garcia, and will certainly noise the yanks up, get into them, but Faldo certainly made a bigger t#*t of himself than usual at the opening ceremony.For the sake of the cup the yanks need to win, but get it right up them Nick.

ahem!

You'd make a great bookie!

Predictions for today...

1703 Anthony Kim v Sergio Garcia - Draw

1714 Hunter Mahan v Paul Casey - Casey

1725 Justin Leonard v Robert Karlsson - Karlsson

1736 Phil Mickelson v Justin Rose - Mickelson

1747 Kenny Perry v Henrik Stenson - Stenson

1758 Boo Weekley v Oliver Wilson - Weekley

1809 JB Holmes v Soren Hansen - Holmes

1820 Jim Furyk v Miguel Angel Jimenez - Jimenez

1831 Stewart Cink v Graeme McDowell - McDowell

1842 Steve Stricker v Ian Poulter - Draw

1853 Ben Curtis v Lee Westwood - Curtis

1904 Chad Campbell v Padraig Harrington - Harrington

I know enough to realise that 11/8 for the shermans to win the ryder cup was big.

How did your bets get on?

I know enough to realise that 11/8 for the shermans to win the ryder cup was big.

How did your bets get on?

had us to win all 4 matches on day one

other than that a couple of boxes of pro v1's down

had us to win all 4 matches on day one

other than that a couple of boxes of pro v1's down

Bet placed at19/09/2008 05:43Bet TypeSingleBet ChannelInternetNumber of lines1Stake per line?100.00Total stake?100.00SettledYNumber of win lines1Number of void lines0Returns?237.50Refunds?0.00

Selection Details Class/SportEvent Type EventMarketDateSelectionNotesGolf2008 Ryder Cup2008 Ryder Cup WinnerOutright Winner 21/09/2008 17:05USA (Win) @ 11/8

;)

Bet placed at19/09/2008 05:43Bet TypeSingleBet ChannelInternetNumber of lines1Stake per line?100.00Total stake?100.00SettledYNumber of win lines1Number of void lines0Returns?237.50Refunds?0.00

Selection Details Class/SportEvent Type EventMarketDateSelectionNotesGolf2008 Ryder Cup2008 Ryder Cup WinnerOutright Winner 21/09/2008 17:05USA (Win) @ 11/8

;)

well done

already planning trip to wales

let's hope harrington's game completely disintegrates over the next 2 years and he isn't there ;)

we'll have a decent captain

Archived