Four Nations to return in 2011

chester copperpot

By the looks of it this is being played in slots that would otherwise be used for actual friendlies so if anything the fact that there's a little bit more of a competitive edge should make call offs less likely.

Dublin is full of people who genuinely are Irish so it's nothing like a Celtic game

the mhanks will invade, be warned, mind you maybe we shouldn't let them back in as they are all oirish anyway! sick benefit problem solved in one stroke. A cunning plan!

Nothing is returning. It's not the Home Nations it will probably be called the Celtic Cup. We can all celebrate our celtic roots, count me out.

the mhanks will invade, be warned, mind you maybe we shouldn't let them back in as they are all oirish anyway! sick benefit problem solved in one stroke. A cunning plan!

I think the Irish Government might be somewhat annoyed to have them dumped on their doorstep.

One other thing I've thought of is that it these are all being played in Dublin then they'll presumably be Saturday/Sunday double headers meaning that people of an Old Firm persuasion may be able to travel over to support Scotland against Wales on Saturday and their preferred version of Ireland on the Sunday.

Whether the potentially awkward ROI vs NI fixture would become less explosive with the addition of thousands of hungover Glaswegians is another question

By the looks of it this is being played in slots that would otherwise be used for actual friendlies so if anything the fact that there's a little bit more of a competitive edge should make call offs less likely.

I was hoping this would be the case as It would be a much better idea to play something like this, which at least will have a slight competative edge rather than friendly matches which mean absolutely nothing. I'm quite looking forward to it.

Cool we have a reasonalbe chance of winning something again. It can sit quite happily on the SFA Mantle piece right next to the Kirin Cup (hopefully)

Archived