Favourite Conspiracy Theories

Louise

Just been reading up on quite a few of these. I'm quite taken in by a few, for example Marilyn Monroe, JFK and Diana assasinations and the moon landing, but the one I just discovered which I hadn't heard before (probably pure ignorance) was the Paul McCartney is dead theory. There are lots of 'clues' suggesting that McCartney died and was replaced by a lookalike. Hmmmm....

Any favourite theories?

The 'Paul is Dead' theory is one of my favs, story being that he died in '67 and was replaced by a geezer called who fronted Billy Pepper and the Pepperpotts (Billy Shears I think??), hence the whole 'Sargeant Pepper taught the band to play' line.

Main mystery for me is the pics of McCartney with Jane Asher pre '67, where they are both the same height, but after '67 he's a good foot taller than her. Similar with Lennon, they were both the same height before, after he was taller. Plus his eyes are closer together. And then there was 'The Frog Chorus', I mean what the ****'s that all about?

There's a few pictures of Shears dotting about the net, remarkably similar to what McCartney's son looks like now, both gingers and very similar in features (not much like his dad - who's had a quite a bit of plastic surgery).

Be interesting if it did turn out true, far more fun than it all being nonsense. Supposedly he died in a car crash, got his scalp chopped off, and there are a few lines in some of the songs providing details. And the Sarge Pepper cover is meant to be his funeral. 'Faul' (what they call the replacement) is shown with his back to the front when the rest face forward, or wearing a black carnation when the rest wear red, or shoeless when the rest have shoes....ie always the odd one out, but only post '67 and never before.

If it's true it will only come out once he's kicked it, as of course according to the loons the reason Lennon died was because he was about to reveal the fake and whoever set it up in the first place wasn't having that happen.

Conspiracies rock!!

I remember watching a programme about a Titanic conspiracy theory. It was pretty interesting actually.

Apparently it wasn't the Titanic that was sunk, it was it's sister ship, The Britanic. I can't remember the exact reason why but I think it was for insurance reasons. The theories one major selling point is that in the plans for both of the ships, one of them had a rounded Bridge, and the other had a flat Bridge (I can't remember which ship had which Bridge either!). Whatever shaped Bridge the Titanic has when you see at at the bottom of the Ocean, is what the Britanics plans showed.

There were lots of other things that pointed to the fact that the Britanic was possibly the one that was sank, but it didn't sway me. Wish i could be arsed to look it up!

I remember watching a programme about a Titanic conspiracy theory. It was pretty interesting actually.

Apparently it wasn't the Titanic that was sunk, it was it's sister ship, The Britanic. I can't remember the exact reason why but I think it was for insurance reasons. The theories one major selling point is that in the plans for both of the ships, one of them had a rounded Bridge, and the other had a flat Bridge (I can't remember which ship had which Bridge either!). Whatever shaped Bridge the Titanic has when you see at at the bottom of the Ocean, is what the Britanics plans showed.

There were lots of other things that pointed to the fact that the Britanic was possibly the one that was sank, but it didn't sway me. Wish i could be arsed to look it up!

where would you hide the real one tho??

where would you hide the real one tho??

You dont. You pass it off as the other ship ie Titanic was passed off as the sister ship.

You dont. You pass it off as the other ship ie Titanic was passed off as the sister ship.

then why not just sink the Britannic/Olympic then? timing?

then why not just sink the Britannic/Olympic then? timing?

They did. The Olympic was damaged, brought in for repair and passed off as the Titanic. The Titanic was done over to look like the Olympic and sailed for 25 years.

Allegedly :P

There is a coiuple of books on the Titanic conspiracy. The riddle of the Titanic by Robin Gardiner started the conspiracy all off. Its worth read if u want to find out about this as it goes into detail about the conspiracy aswell as parts like the official inquiries and why certain people where made the scapegoats for the disater without a trial. He also had a follow up book to this one aswell.

The 'Paul is Dead' theory is one of my favs, story being that he died in '67 and was replaced by a geezer called who fronted Billy Pepper and the Pepperpotts (Billy Shears I think??), hence the whole 'Sargeant Pepper taught the band to play' line.

Main mystery for me is the pics of McCartney with Jane Asher pre '67, where they are both the same height, but after '67 he's a good foot taller than her. Similar with Lennon, they were both the same height before, after he was taller. Plus his eyes are closer together. And then there was 'The Frog Chorus', I mean what the ****'s that all about?

There's a few pictures of Shears dotting about the net, remarkably similar to what McCartney's son looks like now, both gingers and very similar in features (not much like his dad - who's had a quite a bit of plastic surgery).

Be interesting if it did turn out true, far more fun than it all being nonsense. Supposedly he died in a car crash, got his scalp chopped off, and there are a few lines in some of the songs providing details. And the Sarge Pepper cover is meant to be his funeral. 'Faul' (what they call the replacement) is shown with his back to the front when the rest face forward, or wearing a black carnation when the rest wear red, or shoeless when the rest have shoes....ie always the odd one out, but only post '67 and never before.

If it's true it will only come out once he's kicked it, as of course according to the loons the reason Lennon died was because he was about to reveal the fake and whoever set it up in the first place wasn't having that happen.

Conspiracies rock!!

Oooh I like that one, and the Titanic one is cool too.

I like hearing about this. Ian Collins regularly talks to guys about this on talkSport at night and its really interesting.

Thats the point of the conspiracy. They did sink the Olympic.

i meant in its own name, but tbh i hadn't even heard about this one.

Just got the sudden urge to do some digging, and it was the Olympic, not the Britanic.

Here's a link:

http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_conspiracy_theory.shtml

Just read above link & have to say read 3rd line & you know it's rubbish, I mean some Plasterer from Oxford wrote it!!!! If his story is remotly true then how comes there is no stories from Harland & Wolfe?? They would not want a ship they built sink (espically the biggest cruise liner at the time). If you go to Belfast they will tell you it was ok when it left here. Not buying this version of the story at all.

Generic Username

Surely the Hibs flair football myth is the greatest of all time.

Seconded only by their wealth of young Scottish talent that they have fielded week in week out for the last 6/7 seasons.

There were lots of other things that pointed to the fact that the Britannic was possibly the one that was sank, but it didn't sway me. Wish i could be arsed to look it up!

Interesting - could all be cleared up easily - I'm sure the Britannic was used as a hospital ship during WW1 at the Gallipoli campaign and was sunk in the Aegean Sea off Rhodes. A quick look by divers could clear that one up once and for all.

The 'Paul is Dead' theory is one of my favs, story being that he died in '67 and was replaced by a geezer called who fronted Billy Pepper and the Pepperpotts (Billy Shears I think??), hence the whole 'Sargeant Pepper taught the band to play' line...

According to the website http://www.ispauldead.com/

In the fall of 1969?shortly after the release of the Beatles? Abbey Road?a rumor swept America concerning the death of Paul McCartney. While this rumor was very popular on college campuses, the widespread acceptance of this rumor reached such proportions that stories of the phenomenon were subjects of news reports and publications no less respect than the New York Times, Time Magazine, and the cover story of Life Magazine. It was the cover of Abbey Road that started it all.

AbbeyRoad.jpg

On Abbey Road Album, why was McCartney barefoot and out of step? Was John Lennon dressed in white to represent a religious person? Was Ringo dressed like a mortician and George dressed as a shabby gravedigger? What about the policeman on the other side of the street? The yellow VW bug license plate that reads 28IF - Was this album cover staged? Shortly after this album was released, The paul is dead rumors started to take off.

i've knocked about that "is paul dead" website a couple of times. there is a lot there, and very interesting too. like all good conspiracies though, it make it all sound so convincing.

i am puzzled by the height thing though

Conspiracies rock!!

Very interesting.

I'll be reading in to this, I'm a massive Beatles fan.

I've heard a conspiracy theory that in fact the USA are the biggest terror organisation on the planet and that nearly every major act of terror over the last 50 years has been sponsored by the CIA.

Oh how I laughed when I heard that. I mean our friends the Americans would never do such a thing. Would they?

Very strange! Just listened to the end of Strawberry fields forever and in the last few seconds, a deep voice does kinda sound like it is saying "I buried Paul".:eek:

Archived