The come on Aalborg thread!

Craigieboy

portobellojambo1

Really will have to take the telly back and ask the repair dudes to have a look at it. I can only assume there is a problem with one of the internal speakers, because I heard what sounded like TGFITW booing as their team left the field at half time, and such things just don't happen.

I didn't think that Scottish Refs were allowed to ref European ties with Scottish teams!!!

Terrible result for Celtic which kills their chances. And as I think they'll lose in Denmark, whisper it, but they could even struggle to get 3rd in the group. Chickens about to come home to roost for Mr Strachan methinks.

Really will have to take the telly back and ask the repair dudes to have a look at it. I can only assume there is a problem with one of the internal speakers, because I heard what sounded like TGFITW booing as their team left the field at half time, and such things just don't happen.

It repeated at full tim as well CHORTLE:)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Terrible result for Celtic which kills their chances. And as I think they'll lose in Denmark, whisper it, but they could even struggle to get 3rd in the group. Chickens about to come home to roost for Mr Strachan methinks.

UEFA cup if they are lucky.

:)

Bad luck Plastic Mob.

Sawdust Caesar

Do we really benefit from a good co-efficient? How many good runs in Europe have we had in the last few years? I would rather see the OF get dumped out of Europe early for a few seasons so they miss out on loads of dosh which in turn means they can't buy/attract better players. That in turn might make the SPL a bit more competitive (naive, I know). I think anything that reduces the Old Firm's income is good news for the rest of us. Good runs for them in Europe just means they pull further away from the rest of us, in financial terms at least.

Plus, supporting them would stick in my craw.

Ye can stick yer co-efficient up yer chorus and verse, I want every other Scottish? team to lose in Europe, and lose badly, if we cannot finish at least third in this pathetic league we do not deserve to be in Europe never mind gaining more places. FTH

Green Hun at my work was complaining about a disallowed goal. I had immense pleasure in assuring him that "it would even out over the season".

:)

Do we really benefit from a good co-efficient? How many good runs in Europe have we had in the last few years? I would rather see the OF get dumped out of Europe early for a few seasons so they miss out on loads of dosh which in turn means they can't buy/attract better players. That in turn might make the SPL a bit more competitive (naive, I know). I think anything that reduces the Old Firm's income is good news for the rest of us. Good runs for them in Europe just means they pull further away from the rest of us, in financial terms at least.

I agree entirely.

Would support any Scottish side except the Old Firm, Hibs and Aberdeen in Europe however.

Green Hun at my work was complaining about a disallowed goal.

I had one complaining that the goalie "moved off his line at the penalty". I suggested he do what they usually do and write a letter to the Irish Embassy asking them to make a formal complaint.

I actually think they might get that elusive away win over in Denmark.

With Villareal picking up a point last night though I reckon they've no chance of progressing.

I can only assume there is a problem with one of the internal speakers, because I heard what sounded like TGFITW booing as their team left the field at half time, and such things just don't happen.

If it's not the telly, get yourself along to the Doc's pronto mate. It could be that you're suffering from a touch of tinnitus. :)

Totally agree. Anyway, a good run from Celtic is unlikely to make much difference to our coefficient this year - given that a good run is likely to mean getting out of the groups and then knocked out. That will give Celtic around 10 points, Scotland 2.5 points and Hearts 0.8 points. Rangers picked up 20 points to Celtic's 10 last season. Aberdeen got 6. If we want our coefficient improved, it is much more likely to happen via the UEFA Cup. Celtic always playing in the CL just gives them more and more money.

Basically, the damage has already been done this season - mainly by an utterly useless Rangers side that ought to be embarassed to the core by its ineptitude. Very funny, if you ask me.

Archived