Hearts Reserves V St Midden TODAY

Jambof3tornado

Jambof3tornado

1pm KO at Forthbank ladeez and gentlepeeps. Bring yer coat coz its bucketing doon.

Its not very warm either.

Mon the Jt's. Wonder if Tullberg will play??:)

Nucky Thompson
1pm KO at Forthbank ladeez and gentlepeeps. Bring yer coat coz its bucketing doon.

Its not very warm either.

Mon the Jt's. Wonder if Tullberg will play??:)

I don't know if the game will go ahead, it's forecast rain all day:cool:

LarrysRightFoot

I might go along if its still on. The rain isnt that heavy here but its has been raining for about 48hours so we will see if the Forthbank pitch will hold up.

I hope Tullberg plays.

Jam Tarts 1874

I am 5 minutes from Forthbank, it has rained heavily all yesterday evening, last night and this morning, can't see the pitch standing up to this.

The 4-0 mentioned by jamboBG was probably the reserves best performance of last season as St.Mirren have had a very good reserve side for a couple of seasons now. The funniest thing about that game was watching Hammy make a 50 yard run to latch onto a long ball only to be flagged offside, poor old Hammy's legs didn't appreciate that one.

Ya beauty. I will be there with ma coat oan!!!

I'll be boiler suited up with my thermals on. It's baltic

Jambof3tornado
I'll be boiler suited up with my thermals on. It's baltic

Aye its not the warmest stadium in the world during a heatwave never mind the current spell of good weather we are having!!!

Will I look a tit in a wooley hat???;)

I heard Glen was in the squad but Vlad told Angel he wasn't to be involved.

:P

Its his parents I feel sorry for - all these trips to sheeetholes and they never get to see their boy play....

Score seems to be 3-1 but no idea who the goals came from I'm afraid.

EDIT: That's what happens when you take 15 minutes out to do some work and forget to actually press 'submit'. Sorry. Hehe.

Jam Tarts 1874

Final result: 3-1

Glen (tap in following corner), Mackle (nice finish to a good move) and MAKELA (it was such a good goal he clearly surprised himself!)

Hearts:

McDonald, Thomson, Armstrong, Park, Papnik, Palazuelos (Stewart 45), Kostadinov (Wagner 80), Husband, Makela, Glen, Mackle (Wallace 75).

Jam Tarts 1874

Ruben ran the show for first 45 minutes but St.Mirren scored early after McDonald punched a ball out that he should have caught.

Glen equalised with simple tap in following a scramble after a corner. Mackle finished off a very good piece of inter-play by Hearts. Makela smacked one in from around 25 yards, he clearly could not believe it himself!

I'm afraid that Branny once again failed to show any signs of progress and missed a sitter which was nicely set up for him by Makela. Makela himself had and up and down game, started well, but missed and easy chance with just the keeper to beat. Glen looked dangerous at times as did Mackle and Husband. The defence was pretty solid with Rapnik in particular looking good. Wagner came on and looked much fitter and sharper than at any time last season.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Final result: 3-1

Glen (tap in following corner), Mackle (nice finish to a good move) and MAKELA (it was such a good goal he clearly surprised himself!)

Hearts:

McDonald, Thomson, Armstrong, Park, Papnik, Palazuelos (Stewart 45), Kostadinov (Wagner 80), Husband, Makela, Glen, Mackle (Wallace 75).

You know what's scary?

That line-up doesn't look that much weaker than our first-team. I can't decide if that demonstrates strength in depth or a crap first-team!

Ruben ran the show for first 45 minutes but St.Mirren scored early after McDonald punched a ball out that he should have caught.

Glen equalised with simple tap in following a scramble after a corner. Mackle finished off a very good piece of inter-play by Hearts. Makela smacked one in from around 25 yards, he clearly could not believe it himself!

I'm afraid that Branny once again failed to show any signs of progress and missed a sitter which was nicely set up for him by Makela. Makela himself had and up and down game, started well, but missed and easy chance with just the keeper to beat. Glen looked dangerous at times as did Mackle and Husband. The defence was pretty solid with Rapnik in particular looking good. Wagner came on and looked much fitter and sharper than at any time last season.

What was the formation?

Traditional 4-4-2 or was Makela sole striker with Glen, Husband and Branny as an attacking 3 behind? Or was it more 4-1-4-1?

Jam Tarts 1874
You know what's scary?

That line-up doesn't look that much weaker than our first-team. I can't decide if that demonstrates strength in depth or a crap first-team!

I think that we just happen to have a good number of decent young players and a very small handfull of decent experienced players. As Csaba himself says, with the youngsters you can get inconsistancy. As long as the standard of play continues to improve I don't think that there is any need for doom and gloom, even the standard of the football played by the reserves today was much better than it was last season. Lots of nice passing and movement.

Rapnik at left back eh? Interesting...

park at left back with rapnik centre back as mcgowans o international duty

Is Gowzer injured?

playing for austrailia u20s vs netherlands u20s this week, went out yesterday but not sure when the game is.

Pleased for Glen and Makela getting goals. If either of them had been given the opportunity that Mole has had this season, we would have scored more.

Jam Tarts 1874
What was the formation?

Traditional 4-4-2 or was Makela sole striker with Glen, Husband and Branny as an attacking 3 behind? Or was it more 4-1-4-1?

It was more 4-4-2. Branny started out wide on the right with Mackle wide on the left, however they swapped wings after about 25 minutes. Hubby and Ruben were in centre of midfield for the first half with Hubby generally the more offensive of the two. When Johnny Stewart came on for the 2nd half in place of Ruben it was just a straight swap.

Glen did drop back a little bit when young Wallace came on to play up front with Makela. It looked well balanced through-out.

The best laugh came towards the end when a St.Midden player went down in a challenge for a header, I didn't see anything wrong, but suddenly Uber-Thug Gus MacPherson decides to have a long range shouting match with the linesman, MacPherson really is an erse, he could start a fight even if he was on the moon all by himself.

Pleased for Glen and Makela getting goals. If either of them had been given the opportunity that Mole has had this season, we would have scored more.

The last time Makela got an opportunity, he almost cost us 3 points against M/well.......he should never be anywhere near 1st team.

I would defo give Glen a chance though.

Chad Sexington

Small report on the official site.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1394538,00.html

Juho seals victory for reserves

SPL Reserve League: Hearts 3-1 St Mirren

From Hearts News at Forthbank Stadium

Juho Makela sealed victory for Hearts reserves at Forthbank this afternoon as the Tynecastle side's second string came from behind to defeat St Mirren.

The Buddies took an early lead through midfielder Murphy, only to see Hearts counter quickly through Gary Glen.

Winger Sean Mackle gave Hearts a half-time advantage, before Juho Makela's late wonder strike.

The Finn picked the ball up 25 yards out and lashed a brilliant shot into the right corner of the net.

Hearts deserved to win the game having taking their chances, but St Mirren certainly played their part with some good attacking football themselves.

Hearts.TV will broadcast match highlights online tomorrow.

Hearts: MacDonald, Thomson, Armstrong, Rapnik, Park; Mackle (Wallace), Husband, Palazuelos (J Stewart), Kostadinov (Wagner); Glen, Makela. Subs not used: Bjornsson, Balatoni, Mulrooney, Brown.

They played well for a young side up against a very experienced St Midden side (Andy Millen). Played the same system as the first team with Glen playing in the hole and Makela playing like em Makela.

Like the above poster states Gus McPhersons an arse. Between having a go at the Hearts bench and the linesman he made a bit of a tit of himself. Plenty managers there. I had Derek McInness one side of me and Billy Stark on the other with Billy Reid sitting behind me. Not sure who they were looking at.

Anyway

MacDonald 6 Flapped at a couple of crosses and didn't command his box anywhere near as much as Kello. Made a couple od decent stops though and the potential is there. Althouigh I don't think he's ready for the first team.

Jason Thompson 6 Solid in defence but offers nothing going forward. Grafts away down the right hand side though. He'll make a second division manager very happy one day.

David Armstrong 6 Solid enough no nonsense display but got pulled out of position a couple of times.

Rapnik 7 As usual he strolled through the game at centre back. He's potentially very very good.

Park 6 First time I've seen him in a couple of years. Played ok without doing anything of note.

Branny 5 Non existant

Husband 8 My motm. He has a cracking engine, get's stuck in and most of the play goes through him. Along with Johnny Brown, Rapnik and Glen I think he'll make it. He seems an awful ,lot stronger on the ball than any of the other young guys.

Ruben 7 Looked a class above as you would expect at this level and was very neat and tidy on the ball.

Mackle 6 Took his goal well but there is something about him that just doesn't excite me as a player. Looks to have got a bit stronger over the summer.

Glen 7 Good game. His touch was very good and he held the ball up pretty well. He reminds me of Robbo when he plays as you don't see him for ages then he pops up in a dangerous position. Could do worse than play him in the hole for the first team.

Makela 5 Never in my life have I watched a more awkward player than Juho. There was one point where he was at least 5 yards through and by the time he figured out how to control the ball the defender had forced him wide. A terrible terrible footballer. Took his goal well though :eek:

Brown 7 I really like this guy. He works hard, get's srtuck in and his passing is pretty good. I'm expecting him to break through next season.He came on for Ruben at half time and he didn't dissapoint.

Wallace 6 Came on for Mackle I think and made some good runs. Almost scored towards the end.

Wagner 6 Much improved on last seasons performance. Didn't get a lot of time but he looked dangerous on the right hand side when he came on for Branny.

All in all it was a good performance and considering the age of the side I think we can be pleased about it. I think Ruben will be pushing for a place on saturday with him only getting a half but it looks like Glen's going to have a run in the reserves.

Quick...get these young lads in the first team so we can slaughter there ability and shatter there confidence without giving them a chance,just like the rest of the Hearts team.:cool:

Then we can all be brilliant tacticians and tell the manager where hes going wrong:rolleyes:

They played well for a young side up against a very experienced St Midden side (Andy Millen). Played the same system as the first team with Glen playing in the hole and Makela playing like em Makela.

Like the above poster states Gus McPhersons an arse. Between having a go at the Hearts bench and the linesman he made a bit of a tit of himself. Plenty managers there. I had Derek McInness one side of me and Billy Stark on the other with Billy Reid sitting behind me. Not sure who they were looking at.

Anyway

MacDonald 6 Flapped at a couple of crosses and didn't command his box anywhere near as much as Kello. Made a couple od decent stops though and the potential is there. Althouigh I don't think he's ready for the first team.

Jason Thompson 6 Solid in defence but offers nothing going forward. Grafts away down the right hand side though. He'll make a second division manager very happy one day.

David Armstrong 6 Solid enough no nonsense display but got pulled out of position a couple of times.

Rapnik 7 As usual he strolled through the game at centre back. He's potentially very very good.

Park 6 First time I've seen him in a couple of years. Played ok without doing anything of note.

Branny 5 Non existant

Husband 8 My motm. He has a cracking engine, get's stuck in and most of the play goes through him. Along with Johnny Brown, Rapnik and Glen I think he'll make it. He seems an awful ,lot stronger on the ball than any of the other young guys.

Ruben 7 Looked a class above as you would expect at this level and was very neat and tidy on the ball.

Mackle 6 Took his goal well but there is something about him that just doesn't excite me as a player. Looks to have got a bit stronger over the summer.

Glen 7 Good game. His touch was very good and he held the ball up pretty well. He reminds me of Robbo when he plays as you don't see him for ages then he pops up in a dangerous position. Could do worse than play him in the hole for the first team.

Makela 5 Never in my life have I watched a more awkward player than Juho. There was one point where he was at least 5 yards through and by the time he figured out how to control the ball the defender had forced him wide. A terrible terrible footballer. Took his goal well though :eek:

Brown 7 I really like this guy. He works hard, get's srtuck in and his passing is pretty good. I'm expecting him to break through next season.He came on for Ruben at half time and he didn't dissapoint.

Wallace 6 Came on for Mackle I think and made some good runs. Almost scored towards the end.

Wagner 6 Much improved on last seasons performance. Didn't get a lot of time but he looked dangerous on the right hand side when he came on for Branny.

All in all it was a good performance and considering the age of the side I think we can be pleased about it. I think Ruben will be pushing for a place on saturday with him only getting a half but it looks like Glen's going to have a run in the reserves.

This was Johnny Stewart not Johnny Brown who came on as sub although they are both of similar build & height and of course share the same first name so it's understandable how you might confuse them :) Anyway they are both very good prospects although J.Brown is a full-back / defender whilst J.Stewart is a defensive midfield player.

This was Johnny Stewart not Johnny Brown who came on as sub although they are both of similar build & height and of course share the same first name so it's understandable how you might confuse them :) Anyway they are both very good prospects although J.Brown is a full-back / defender whilst J.Stewart is a defensive midfield player.

There's two of them :eek: I had just thought they were doing an Eggert and shifting his position this year. Ah well, first time I've seen Stewart but he looked a player.

There's two of them :eek: I had just thought they were doing an Eggert and shifting his position this year. Ah well, first time I've seen Stewart but he looked a player.

I saw a reserve game last year in which Jonathan 'Johnny' Stewart & Brown both played & the other players call them both Johnny which adds to the confusion however also in the team that day was Johnny Taylor who is now with Glentoran and on the bench was Jonathan Woods who came on as sub 2nd half but the kids call him 'Woody'. :)

Jambof3tornado

I thought it was funny as hell when Hubby put in a Strongchallenge and Gus asked the hearts bench who the **** that was,and whos yer number 8 and Elias just said,"thats Steve Husband" and Gus told him not to be a cheeky little ****!! Gus,you are the weakest link,goodbye!!!

Great game I thought and the team controlled things very well at times. Wagner looked good for the short while he was on and Branny played some decent balls in. Matty Park still a weak link in that defence,hope he improves. Armstrong and Rapper look like a fine centre back pairing for the future. Glen very hungry and Juho clearly lacking confidence. Mackle and Hubby up to their usual high standards. All round a pretty good show.

jamboinglasgow

very good all round, think things are starting to click behind the scenes with the U19s and reserves doing what they are supposed to do in that they are building players up. Think we shouldn't expect any of those young players except Glen, Rapnik and prehaps Mackle to be in the first team before christmas, think they need to get the experence here under the instruction of Burger. Think he will bring some good ones through.

Think Brown and Husband are next in line (i.e. next season) for the push up, very good players and playing in the reserves will benefit them alot.

Why? he has been fantastic in the 2 reserve team starts he has made this season. Husband was very good yesterday as was park the left back who done well despite having the most over rated player ever playing beside him. what is it everyone sees in rapnik? positional sense is terrible, doesn't listen to his teammates and doesn't seem to talk to them either!

Archived