Salvatori or Brellier?

Johanes de Silentio

So - 2 excellent defensive midfielders, but who was better?

There's only one way to settle it - FIGHT!

Finding it hard to separate this pair of cup-winning heroes!

Brellier was far from excellent. Salvatori could pass more than 2 yards aswell!!

No comparison at all!!

Brellier or Macfarlane would have been a better comparison!!

Another in the extreme minority it seems, but I'd take Brellier over Salvatori - I think at his best he was more intimidating and could influence a game more. Even after the Burley era where he was one of the most key players in the side, on the occasions he did get brought into the team he could make a big difference - look at his impact when he came on in the '06 Cup Final, or even the way that Hearts played when he was on the park in Athens the night he was sent off for the earring nonsense. He was the difference between our creative players being able to do their stuff and not - that shouldn't be under-estimated.

Salvatori was decent though - very disciplined player who was clever enough to know his limitations and adjust his game accordingly, but I always thought that people got carried away with him simply because of where he'd come from, rather than what they were actually watching. I'm not saying he wasn't good, but trying to describe his as one of Hearts' great midfielders is a bit over the score.....for me anyway.

Johanes de Silentio
I cant believe anyone has to ask that question

Well, your mom asked so nicely I could hadly refuse!

No' much love for Le Judge is there?

Good enough for our national coach, though.

Obviously a lot of qualified coaches on JKB, huh?

Well, your mom asked so nicely I could hadly refuse!

No' much love for Le Judge is there?

Good enough for our national coach, though.

Obviously a lot of qualified coaches on JKB, huh?

Bit strange because he was always popular.....

I dont think he is unpopular, purely Salvatori is more popular.

Possibly, although some of the comments here seem tinged with bitterness for some reason! Salvatori was something of a cult hero though...bit like his mate Bruno.....

salvatori!!!

brellier was good but he pushed away by Romanov therefore he couldn't make as big an impact as he probably could have

salvatori!!!

brellier was good but he pushed away by Romanov therefore he couldn't make as big an impact as he probably could have

Or by it's medical term 'The Burley Syndrome'

Archived