Time to drop Kingston?

CBjambo

Drop Kingston?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Drop Kingston?

• aye
    • naw

Kingston should follow Michael Stewart's example.

If Michael loses the ball he bursts a gut in an effort to get it back.

In the same situation Larry lies down and does nothing to remedy the situation.

If a period of not being selected doesn't alter his attitude, we will have tried and failed, but lost very little.

Assuming he is not interested in playing for Hearts, he must surely realise that stepping up to a higher league requires application in the one in which he finds himself.

One of Stewart's basic problems is that he follows the ball not the man - by running around chasing the ball he often ends up making things easier for the opposition midfield.

As for Larry I don't think there is any sense in dropping him - he is still easily our most talented player and even in his worst games he actually creates more going forward than any player in the team.

As for Larry I don't think there is any sense in dropping him - he is still easily our most talented player and even in his worst games he actually creates more going forward than any player in the team.

Sorry but thats nonsense. He's been shocking all season and has created the square root of feck all. Michael Stewart, a lesser player in your eyes has brought us through just about every game this season.

Mikoluinas, Mole, Zaluikas, Jonnson, Driver, Karapidis, Berra, Ksanavicious and Zello have all contributed far more to the team this season than Kingston has.

Most of the above dont have 1/10th of Kingston's talent. Kingston doesnt put in 1/10th of the effort that all the above do. Thats it in a nutshell.

I thought that in both the Hamilton game and at Falkirk on Saturday the best balls into the box were played by Larry. Unfortunately no-one was making decent runs into the box to get on the end - that's not Larry's fault.

Sorry but thats nonsense. He's been shocking all season and has created the square root of feck all. Michael Stewart, a lesser player in your eyes has brought us through just about every game this season.

Mikoluinas, Mole, Zaluikas, Jonnson, Driver, Karapidis, Berra, Ksanavicious and Zello have all contributed far more to the team this season than Kingston has.

Most of the above dont have 1/10th of Kingston's talent. Kingston doesnt put in 1/10th of the effort that all the above do. Thats it in a nutshell.

Exactly!

Moderate skill plus application will always be more acceptable than great skill without it, I.M.O.

I thought that in both the Hamilton game and at Falkirk on Saturday the best balls into the box were played by Larry. Unfortunately no-one was making decent runs into the box to get on the end - that's not Larry's fault.

FFS Robbie Neilson can cross a ball. Is that all we get for ?15k a week ?

FFS Robbie Neilson can cross a ball. Is that all we get for ?15k a week ?

Can Robbie Neilson cross a ball?

I'm not saying Kingston is doing enough to merit 15K a week - far from it - I just think that he is the only creative player we've got in the squad at the moment and dropping him would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Can Robbie Neilson cross a ball?

I'm not saying Kingston is doing enough to merit 15K a week - far from it - I just think that he is the only creative player we've got in the squad at the moment and dropping him would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Its one of the few things Robbie CAN do.

If your best creative player isnt trying a leg for large parts of the game, then bring in someone who might well be a little less talented but will give everything. Someone like Miko or Chesney for example.

I'd say dropping him as a short term measure might do him the world of good. He's a good player, maybe even a great player, but he's playing like he doesnt give a toss at the moment and there's not many players around who are good enough to get away with that..

Will he be allowed to drop him ?

Personally think he needs 1-2-1 talk with Csaba so that he can explain to him that in Scotland you need to put the effort in before your superior skills can come to the fore.

Not sure if he has grasped that yet however on his day he is a good midfield player with all the skills.

If no improvement over next 2/3 games then I think off to the bench for him

I wouldn't drop him yet, but he'd be told in plain words that his effort level had to be upped and quickly. If he's already been read the riot act then aye, dropped to the bench.

It's murder watching someone with so much talent getting through so little work. He's one of the best players in the league on form but he's been poor this season.

He played 'in the hole' which is widely seen as the cheats role, one where you play the guy who can flit in and out of the game sometimes contributing very little. I am talking about giving him responsibility in the engine room beside Stewart and getting him playing box to box. He seems to me a guy who needs to feel wanted and important and I think we should persevere before dropping him which I think would signal the end of him in a Hearts shirt.

Ah ok then mate see where you are coming from.

Last time it was Obua, now it's Kingston. Next month, Tullberg?

Do you see the pattern here?

Larry sends good crosses that go begging and you expect him to keep creating more? What's the point?

Get talent that can get at the end of his efforts before you start blaming him. Keep him playing until he knows his mates enough - and them him - to create for them.

Some are complaining of his attitude "all season", after all of 4 games? :nuts:

Drop him and get 2 Kaunas or 3 reserve players with good work ethic but produce 50% of what he does throughout a whole season? Even Vlad knows better! Thankfully, Csaba believes in stable lineups.

Plug and shore up the back. They're leaking too many, then give the team time to learn the diffefent systems and get the basics right before you start benching players. It's early days, so pop some Xanax and hang in there.

Looked decent in the pre season friendly against hull ever since been utter jobbies.

You have to be careful tho, not as simple as just dropping the boy as he may take a hissy and become "injured" for eternity

Only if Cesnauskis is fit.

Just on that note, has Chesney done a whole 90 minutes yet this season?

Not sure yet about Larry...I'm going to wait and see what happens this weekend.

No.

Ok, when he first arrived ,he was great. I reember at Motherwell her cleared off our line then scored a few minutes later. Since he got a contract he's been as reliable as Miko, which believe me ain't good. Very lazy contributes nil time to go

Personally I think it's long overdue, but he hasn't looked eager to please in any game this season and I wouldn't be at all suprised if he's off come the January sales!

So, drop him... yes or no?

A big yes for me.

Kingston could be sold come January and I doubt we would miss him, given his non contribution so far this season. He looks so disinterested it's not even funny.

May I add that whenever I've seen him play for Ghana he's been pish. Particularly the last African Cup of Nations.

I have seen posts on here which suggest that he is a better player for Ghana than Essien. :eek:

Guest S.U.S.S.
No, all he needs is a good kick up the arse. We all know that he is very capable of becoming a class player for us if he just get his self sorted and starts giving 100% week inn week out.. Maby a week or two on the bench or in the stand might give him that boost to get him self more motovated and start producing the goods that he's capable of producing..

1 He should be able to motivate himself, simply checking his pay slip should help

2 If he cant then why the hell is the gaffer not doing it for him or dropping him?

The one good thing that is consistent about Kickback - when a player gets slagged off so much, he later becomes the best and the most praised - keep it up :P

Guest S.U.S.S.
The one good thing that is consistent about Kickback - when a player gets slagged off so much, he later becomes the best and the most praised - keep it up :P

You must be new!

If that were true Neilson would be at Real Madrid by now! :)

Archived