Time to drop Kingston?

CBjambo

Drop Kingston?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Drop Kingston?

• aye
    • naw

Personally I think it's long overdue, but he hasn't looked eager to please in any game this season and I wouldn't be at all suprised if he's off come the January sales!

So, drop him... yes or no?

woah you are brave to even suggest it mate

My tin hat is battered right now, i'd have loaned you it aswell

Kingston is untouchable to the JKB masses and Csaba

No good games this season and a lazy attitude.

His badge thumping on Saturday after Stewart's goal really annoyed me, given his utter lack of effort during the game.

No wonder that no one wants to buy him. What a waste of his talent he is.

Given that he is supposed to be at the peak of his career and his clubs include Hapoel Tel Aviv and Terek Grozny, I'd say his attitude won't be changing anytime soon.

He seems more than capable at International level but appears happy to collect substantial wages at club-level for no or little effort.

For as long as he is at our club, he should play as he is capable of producing the odd bit of magic. If a semi-decent offer comes in for him in January, we should grab it with both hands.

A week in the stand, then a week on the bench. Too many of our team play cack but stay in the side.

This is the fault of the selectors

The Liths and Csaba

I'd be dropping the lot of them and have them cleaning the youth teams boots until they bucked up their ideas

Personally I think it's long overdue, but he hasn't looked eager to please in any game this season and I wouldn't be at all suprised if he's off come the January sales!

So, drop him... yes or no?

From the forth bridge along with others I could mention.

Guest gorgie kev

Should've been dropped a long time ago.Total waste of a shirt.I for one wont be shedding a tear when this little prima donna gets punted in the next transfer window.As Monty Burns says "release the hounds"

Have you been watchin the wrong team/reading the wrong forum this season?

Your posts used to be interesting but your Csaba out thread and now suggesting the "JKB masses" aren't p****d off with Kingston comes across as stirring.

:sad:

Should've been dropped a long time ago.Total waste of a shirt.I for one wont be shedding a tear when this little prima donna gets punted in the next transfer window.As Monty Burns says "release the hounds"

Aye,it was not that long ago that some posters on here were talking him up as a "world class" football player,you just couldn't make that up,honestly.:)

Do you know where hell is

He is up his own erse as far as i concerned and fast becoming a wage thief. He strolls around as if we are 3-0 up or something. When we conceded the second on saturday you would have though he would have burst a gut fro the next three mins, instead he wandered about and just accepted the defeat. A pain in erse imo and one we could do without, if we can get some decent dough for him then we should sell him come january, imo.

right now

i'd rather have

--> Miko at right midfield ahead of Kingston

--> Ksanavicius in the hole ahead of Kingston

--> Palazuelos in centre mid ahead of Kingston

Wrong!

Have you checked the results of the poll and read the other posts, or do you just prefer to slag other Kickbackers, regardless.

No, all he needs is a good kick up the arse. We all know that he is very capable of becoming a class player for us if he just get his self sorted and starts giving 100% week inn week out.. Maby a week or two on the bench or in the stand might give him that boost to get him self more motovated and start producing the goods that he's capable of producing..

Chad Sexington

Oh dear.

Have you been living in a biscuit tin or something?

You haven't really been paying much attention if you think JKB regards Larry "untouchable".

I suggest you calm yourself down to a frenzy with regards to all things HMFC, then you might take more in.

:)

Guest Maroon Carpet

There is more to come from Larry Kingston, I truly believe he will come good sooner than of later as he definitely has quality.

The talk of dropping him is utter nonsense.

There is more to come from Larry Kingston, I truly believe he will come good sooner than of later as he definitely has quality.

an just how much time will this prima-donna get ?? get him in the reserves NOW!!!

Guest gorgie kev
And so who would you replace him with?

Would rather have miko out on the right and thats saying something.

Time for "lazy"Larry to take his place in the ejector seat and GTF

Do you know where hell is

I have to ask, how many games have you seen this season? i only ask because, larry has been rank rotten, not only that, his commitment has been severely lacking imo.

His is a very exspensive passenger and one who loves all the badge kissing and chest pumping yet shows no desire on the field.

if we had anyone else worth playing i would say yes, but sadly i dont think we do...

and it means Stewart would have to take the free kicks :eek:

if we had anyone else worth playing i would say yes, but sadly i dont think we do...

and it means Stewart would have to take the free kicks :eek:

Larry is not worth playing, and as long as he is an automatic choice he will not improve.

For the long term good of the team he should be dropped for a time.

Fans should stop chanting his name, unless his play merits it.

Scott Wilson should cease emphasising his name when announcing the team, and so on.

I believe Kingston is effected by the hype and sees no need to put in much effort as the fans love him regardless.

Time to drop his high wages until he puts in a performance for more than 10 minutes.

i have to agree with you there yvonne, he didn,t put a full shift in on Saturday, he looked didn,t look interested at all in the 1st half on saturday.

Toxteth O'Grady
Time to drop his high wages until he puts in a performance for more than 10 minutes.

That is the answer

Dropping him but continuing to pay his wages would only encourage his laziness.

He seems happy enough to put in an effort for Ghana but is very lazy for us.

Larry is not worth playing, and as long as he is an automatic choice he will not improve.

For the long term good of the team he should be dropped for a time.

Fans should stop chanting his name, unless his play merits it.

Scott Wilson should cease emphasising his name when announcing the team, and so on.

I believe Kingston is effected by the hype and sees no need to put in much effort as the fans love him regardless.

There's no guarantee dropping him would have the desired effect though, he might just take the cream puff and get even lazier and worse.

Boy o boy have you had a dreadful 2 days on here....looks like your wrong again;) As the percentage clearly shows.

You really should give up on this forum as you are clearly in a different universe.

Aye,it was not that long ago that some posters on here were talking him up as a "world class" football player,you just couldn't make that up,honestly.:)

Based on his international appearances he is World Class. He can outshine the likes of Essien, Appiah and Muntari at times.

Unfortunately for us (that is Hearts rudi) he does not put in the effort required here.

Drop him.

There's no guarantee dropping him would have the desired effect though, he might just take the cream puff and get even lazier and worse.

It's true he might but I think we have to take that chance as right now he's a passenger, dropping him might be a kick up the arse. It doesn't matter how skillful he is if he doesn't bloody use it.

I'd prefer it if we get him on the ball a lot more and with the signing of Mrowiec I think we will see Hearts winning a lot more of the ball in midfield and Stewart our playmaker making a lot more passes to our creative players.

I'm one of the 11% !

Not a chance I would drop Kingston YET. I would however move him into a more central position and give him more responsibility. Given it appears Csaba's coaching skills and abilities to get more out of players are revered on here he should be focusing on getting more from potentially our best outfield player. Dropping him this early in the season is a luxury our mediocre squad can ill afford and I think we need to get him playing rather than putting him in the stand. Do that and you can forget Kingston ever doing anything for Hearts. ICT at home is the perfect opportunity to play him in central midfield beside the player of the season for us so far. We will have loads of the ball and there is no need for Karipidis to be there.

I'm one of the 11% !

Not a chance I would drop Kingston YET. I would however move him into a more central position and give him more responsibility. Given it appears Csaba's coaching skills and abilities to get more out of players are revered on here he should be focusing on getting more from potentially our best outfield player. Dropping him this early in the season is a luxury our mediocre squad can ill afford and I think we need to get him playing rather than putting him in the stand. Do that and you can forget Kingston ever doing anything for Hearts. ICT at home is the perfect opportunity to play him in central midfield beside the player of the season for us so far. We will have loads of the ball and there is no need for Karipidis to be there.

Dropping him would be a good kick up the Nat King Cole...which is required!

Yup.

Training through the week and playing is not working - maybe a week of training and sitting on the bench will give him some time to think of how much more he can give to the team.

Guest jambomickey

agree with you mate! it's needed because his attitude and work rate are shocking

I'm one of the 11% !

He played in the middle at Falkirk and if anything he was worse there than out wide right IMHO

We need him to get on the ball a lot more because that is when he is at his best.

agree with you mate! it's needed because his attitude and work rate are shocking

His work rate off the ball has never been good. Mrowiec will do the spade work now so we see the best of Kingston.

I'd prefer it if we get him on the ball a lot more and with the signing of Mrowiec I think we will see Hearts winning a lot more of the ball in midfield and Stewart our playmaker making a lot more passes to our creative players.

Kingston has to want to get on the ball more though. Several times in the second half Stewart made charging runs and looked out to the right to see Kingston either not keeping up with play or marked by an opponent and not doing a lot to escape the marking.

In central midfield in the SPL youve got to be able to win the ball as well as making space for yourself to receive it. Both of those things take a hell of a lot of hard work and Kingston hasnt got the hard work ethic at the moment.

In the first half Kingston was apparently in central midfield, I never noticed him to be honest.

I dont care how good you are. If you dont work hard in this league you're not going to get a chance to do the talented side of the game. You'll get marginalised. Kingston is marginal in our team right now because he's not prepared to work.

Kingston should follow Michael Stewart's example.

If Michael loses the ball he bursts a gut in an effort to get it back.

In the same situation Larry lies down and does nothing to remedy the situation.

If a period of not being selected doesn't alter his attitude, we will have tried and failed, but lost very little.

Assuming he is not interested in playing for Hearts, he must surely realise that stepping up to a higher league requires application in the one in which he finds himself.

I would agree with that sentiment for certain players but in my opinion it will only alienate Kingston and mean he would contibute nothing in the future so unless the end game is to bump him in January (and I don't see how not playing him will help us receive a good transfer fee) I would be trying to focus on getting the best out of arguably our most talented player.

It's a difficult one. He clearly has a lot of talent but lacks application. Keeping him in the team regardless may encourage him to be lazy, but playing him in the reserves is unlikely to produce the desired effect either (he'll still pick up his wages but do even less).

Personally, I feel that the best solution would be to bench him for a while and bring him on as an impact sub. Not as mad as it sounds - I think he would probably put in more effort if brought on to try and change a game for 25 minutes, rather than play from the start. The trouble is that we need another viable option to keep him out of the starting eleven.

Csaba should be having a few words. If LK doesn't want to stay at the club, fair enough, but he should have to play his way to a transfer like anyone else.

He played in the middle at Falkirk and if anything he was worse there than out wide right IMHO

He played 'in the hole' which is widely seen as the cheats role, one where you play the guy who can flit in and out of the game sometimes contributing very little. I am talking about giving him responsibility in the engine room beside Stewart and getting him playing box to box. He seems to me a guy who needs to feel wanted and important and I think we should persevere before dropping him which I think would signal the end of him in a Hearts shirt.

Archived