Do you rate Christian Nade?

Acey

Do you rate Christian Nade?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you rate Christian Nade?

• Yay
    • Nay

I think that Nade has shown as shocking an attitude at Hearts as I can remember aside from the total basket cases like Besijla.

His fitness and effort last season were beyond a joke.

But he is clearly making something of an effort to get fitter and was far more committed on Saturday. Long may that continue. I think that he should be starting now as we might get an hour from him.

As for him being a top class player - he will be held back by his unwillingness to pass the ball. He takes too many touches. Needs some coaching to remove his playground style of football.

siegementality
Nade is far far far better with the ball at his feet rather than in the air. I don't see him as much of a target man in that sense. He's big, strong and quick, and has close control like no-one else at the club. I think if we played Nade at CH, it would be absolutely horrendous in many different ways.

Craig Levein was far better with the ball at his feet than in the air (albeit he was good in the air as well).

The upshot re Nade is if he isn't a target man what is he? Cos in my opinion he's not a 16-20 goals a year man either.

I'm not suggesting we start Nade at CH for the next game all I did was make a suggestion, which people decided to jump up and down about.

Opinion of Nade is divided. Some think he'll come good, some hope he'll come good and some think he's a waste of space. The question is, is it worth a punt to try him, in training at CH? Worse players than Chrisitian Nade have went on to have highly successful careers after changing positions. Nade, given his history at Hearts so far is only going one way, out the door. From there it could be a season in the French 2nd Division, before he opens his own burger stall, who knows. He does have talent and ability though, I just think it's worth covering every option before we give up on him.

Centre Forwards that converted to centre backs & vice versa is a long established practice in football....however does anyone think that Nade has the fitness, energy & commitment levels to be a successful centre half - would you want Nade as a key man in defence?

With some coaching & the correct motivation from the player then he could definitely play a Darcheville type role in the team and offer a physical presence up front but he has to vastly improve his fitness - yes he is improving but he is still miles short of being able to play anywhere near a full ninety minutes.

Nucky Thompson

I think he'll come good this season. He's already trying to address his weight problem so his attitude is changing. Csaba will get him motivated IMO

siegementality
Centre Forwards that converted to centre backs & vice versa is a long established practice in football....however does anyone think that Nade has the fitness, energy & commitment levels to be a successful centre half - would you want Nade as a key man in defence?

With some coaching & the correct motivation from the player then he could definitely play a Darcheville type role in the team and offer a physical presence up front but he has to vastly improve his fitness - yes he is improving but he is still miles short of being able to play anywhere near a full ninety minutes.

My point is Nade hasn't shown the "fitness, energy & commitment levels" to be a successful centre forward, is there a reason? Whose to say with the right coaching and motivation he won't, who is also to say with all the right coaching and motivation he couldn't make the transition?

It was just a thought that got blown out of proportion due to some peoples constant need to have a dig at people (Ironic that I should say that to you of all people!).

I think you'll find I put the word "together" in inverted commas just like that. That is because I don't believe that Csaba has full say over the team affairs (bearing in mind he has said Romanov, him, Korobotchup, etc, work "together"). Therefore if you saw that as being sarcastic fair enough, my point about Nade however was not.

Maybe you were not being sarcastic, I don't know, but the need to defend your position is a direct result of a track-record of cynicism and negativity.

siegementality
Maybe you were not being sarcastic, I don't know, but the need to defend your position is a direct result of a track-record of cynicism and negativity.

I don't have a need to defend my position, I can just give all those having a go the rubber ear.

I might also suggest that the need to defend myself might be brought about by some peoples desire to have a go at people, regardless of what their opinion is.

Guest jambomickey
I think he'll come good this season. He's already trying to address his weight problem so his attitude is changing. Csaba will get him motivated IMO

got to agree with you mate! neil warnock worked with him and wanted him back! based on the fact i rate warnock as a manager i think nade will come good

As I said there have been numerous successful examples of this. Gordon McQueen was another one I'm sure. just because there haven't been many high profile examples of this switch recently doesn't mean it can't be considered. Kevin McKenna was often played as striker for Hearts.

When a team need a goal they semd the big boys up from the back, when they are defending they, if they have one, bring their big centre foraward back to defend, why?, because a lot of the same attributes are needed to to both jobs, height, strength, heading ability, presence. Just watch how many times Tullberg comes back to defend when he starts playing.

P.S. watch the BBC highlights of the Falkirk players and tell me who is the furthest forward player when Stewarts shot hits the back of the net.

Not a bad suggestion...it might work.

Converting from Striker to CH is a well beaten path especially when strikers pace starts to fade so i dont know why your getting a hard time for suggesting it.

I hope this new leaner/fitter/keener Nade can improve on last seasons form or it might be the ONLY route open to him......ultimatley he needs to start SCORING GOALS, this is surley his last season at showing us he can do so.

Archived