Do you rate Christian Nade?

Acey

Do you rate Christian Nade?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you rate Christian Nade?

• Yay
    • Nay

Serious question. Personally, I think he's a cracking player, and will come to prove that in the next few months. He's got the best first touch in the squad, is strong, and can beat most defenders in a sprint.

Forget about the whole fat-bas-yellow-lambo-mcdonalds nonsense; as a player, I reckon that Nade's on the way back to being on top of his game. A Nade + Tullberg/Mole/Glen partnership up front in a straightforward 4-4-2 would get results, IMO.

What do you guys think?

Guest JamboRobbo

If his fitness and attitude are right, he has some ability in his feet. And he's big, strong, and pacey.

Given a run in the team, if he hits it off with a strike partner, he could do a job.

He certainly has some good qualities & skills from a playing sense although he has obviously had some bad issues regards his fitness & workrate - still don't think he's ready to play more than 30-45 minutes at full pelt in any game - we'd be lucky to get an hour from him maximum so whilst he has made progress I still don't think he's ready yet.

Chad Sexington

Definitely rate him.

I would love to see him play in a front two with a decent strike partner this season.

Maybe him and Tulberg could hit it off.

Malcolm Tucker
The "together" team might convert him into a centre back.

For someone who complained on another thread about putting in a good argument for a debate, maybe slightly hypocritical?

Anyhoo, I think Nade's brilliant. Awesome first touch, incredibly strong and brings others into the game.

He'll be an asset this season.

chester copperpot

If his attitude was anything other than suspect, then there's no way he'd even be at Hearts at this stage in his career.

Hope he turns round and slaps me in the face with a big cream pie, however I will pass judgement at the end of the current campaign. Seems to have a bit of a better attitude this season though, so its a start.

If his fitness and attitude are right, he has some ability in his feet. And he's big, strong, and pacey.

Given a run in the team, if he hits it off with a strike partner, he could do a job.

What he said :)

If we can teach him not to slow down attacking moves continually then he could be a good player for us. Too fond of showing off his close control when a quick ball would be better. Then again he may move it on if he had a quick thinking strike partner.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

No.

Attitude is just as important as ability (if not more) and he has a shocking attitude.

Living off one goal v Arsenal many seasons ago.

siegementality
For someone who complained on another thread about putting in a good argument for a debate, maybe slightly hypocritical?

Anyhoo, I think Nade's brilliant. Awesome first touch, incredibly strong and brings others into the game.

He'll be an asset this season.

What are you on about? I'm deadly fecking serious. Unfortunately I forget that there are younger posters on here however for those of you not old enough, Willie Miller, Derek Johnstone, John Clarke and numerous others were all strikers before being converted to centre halfs. Now who is to say Nade couldn't be?

St johnstone for me, don't think anyone has seen him at full fitness since he came to Hearts he has lost a shed load of weight and i hope we get more out of him, he needs a stable partner up front and to put the ball in the back of the net regularly before i can rate him.

Now who is to say Nade couldn't be?

Anyone in their right mind. I can't even begin to try and get my head around your logic on this one.

Malcolm Tucker
What are you on about? I'm deadly fecking serious. Unfortunately I forget that there are younger posters on here however for those of you not old enough, Willie Miller, Derek Johnstone, John Clarke and numerous others were all strikers before being converted to centre halfs. Now who is to say Nade couldn't be?

Haha. Good one man, of course your comment wasn't sarcastic! God how silly am I eh.

:rolleyes::P

Think he could be a big player for us this season. Was impressed with him when he came on at the weekend. He definately has the ability.

Although I don't think he will ever be a prolific scorer. If he can get into double figures this season I would be more than happy.

If his attitude was anything other than suspect, then there's no way he'd even be at Hearts at this stage in his career.

Hope he turns round and slaps me in the face with a big cream pie, however I will pass judgement at the end of the current campaign. Seems to have a bit of a better attitude this season though, so its a start.

You'll have to be quick, he'd scoff it before it had completed half its tradjectory.

:)

I voted yes based on his ability but he really needs to make a move in the next couple of weeks. If he cant dislodge Mole, I think it says all we need to know.

He could do some serious damage if we ever get him fit.

I saw him at Riccarton a few weeks ago, he does not look as big as some would have you believe.

I fear that he will be one of those players that constantly threatens to be good for us. The sort of player we build up and wait for that big performance that we rarely see. I don't think his talent is in doubt, what is in doubt IMO is his ability to do it on the park and in a maroon jersey.

I didn't vote.

I want him to be given a chance - hopefully soon he will be ready to start and can maybe form a partnership with another striker.

I think he could be a vital player for us this season.

siegementality
Haha. Good one man, of course your comment wasn't sarcastic! God how silly am I eh.

:rolleyes::P

No it wasn't sarcastic. If it was I'd have said so. By the way Steve Bruce of Man U was another converted striker. There's probably dozens more so given that there is a history of "average" (although Derek Johnstone was a better than average striker and only played at CH to prolong his career) centre forwards becoming centre halfs what part of my comment was sarcastic?

Eggert to right back was a natural change was it? Someone young and playing well as a midfielder. Nade to centre half given his height, build, heading ability, strength, seems worth a go to me because he seems average as a striker.

Malcolm Tucker
No it wasn't sarcastic. If it was I'd have said so. By the way Steve Bruce of Man U was another converted striker. There's probably dozens more so given that there is a history of "average" (although Derek Johnstone was a better than average striker and only played at CH to prolong his career) centre forwards becoming centre halfs what part of my comment was sarcastic?

Eggert to right back was a natural change was it? Someone young and playing well as a midfielder. Nade to centre half given his height, build, heading ability, strength, seems worth a go to me because he seems average as a striker.

Eggert was signed as a 16 year old as a centre half.... RB isn't too much of a change for a young defensive minded player.

I still think you're taking the pish so I won't comment on your 'thoughts' of Nade.

The People's Chimp
He certainly has some good qualities & skills from a playing sense although he has obviously had some bad issues regards his fitness & workrate - still don't think he's ready to play more than 30-45 minutes at full pelt in any game - we'd be lucky to get an hour from him maximum so whilst he has made progress I still don't think he's ready yet.

I know I shouldn't, and perhaps I am being overly harsh on you; but I can't help but feel that some of your opinions remain formed through the myopia of a helplessly pro-romanov view; as in, he's not being played, therefore his fitness remains an issue, rather than potentially looking at it the other way and saying, ****** it, we aren't scoting , he looks our best option, lets get him on from the start.

30 minutes from him? To me, that's an outrageous suggestion. The point has to remain that we need to go 4-4-2, no matter what the committee thinks. It isn't working right now, and no amount of nad? isn't fit comments will, in my view, justify going with one up front, at home to ICT.

siegementality
Anyone in their right mind. I can't even begin to try and get my head around your logic on this one.

See post 29

Something tells me Gary Pallister was a converted centre forward as well. If right then the Man Utd domination started with one of their best CH pairings of Bruce and Pallister, both converted strikers. Logic enough?

siegementality
Eggert was signed as a 16 year old as a centre half.... RB isn't too much of a change for a young defensive minded player.

I still think you're taking the pish so I won't comment on your 'thoughts' of Nade.

Well thanks for taking the time to debate it anyway.

havnt seen the new slimmed down Nade yet this season, so on last seasons woeful form I'd say Nay! skillfull yes but I thought strikers were meant to score and play others in something Nade seems incaperable of doing

Malcolm Tucker
Well thanks for taking the time to debate it anyway.

What sort of debate are you expecting.

Nade for centre half? Aye, what a stupendous idea right enough.:rolleyes:

Nade = CH

I think the difference between Nade and the examples you've given is that Nade isn't a - and I'm loathe to use the expression - "classic British centre foward" in the sense that your examples presumably were. He's not a clogging, Big Moose-type centre forward; to play him at CH would totally waste his ability on the ball, and his capacity to beat his man.

I'm honestly not exaggerating; his control from Kello's punt vs St Mirren (I think; either them or Motherwell) was the second best first touch I've ever seen (second only to the famous Bergkamp turn vs Newcastle). We wouldn't get any of that if he were playing at the back.

I wouldnae even bother giving breath to a debate about it, that was a sarcastic comment and now we are seeing some pathetic attempt to "save face" what ever that may mean, is basically lying.

siegementality
I think the difference between Nade and the examples you've given is that Nade isn't a - and I'm loathe to use the expression - "classic British centre foward" in the sense that your examples presumably were. He's not a clogging, Big Moose-type centre forward; to play him at CH would totally waste his ability on the ball, and his capacity to beat his man.

I'm honestly not exaggerating; his control from Kello's punt vs St Mirren (I think; either them or Motherwell) was the second best first touch I've ever seen (second only to the famous Bergkamp turn vs Newcastle). We wouldn't get any of that if he were playing at the back.

Now I'm not going to say I saw any of the players, with the exception of Derek Johnstone, playing as centre forwards so I can't comment on their ability. All I will say is all were signed for professional clubs when the were converted to the positions which the later played the majority of their career. Therefore all were signed as forwards and must have had something about them.

Nades biggest problem is his attitude. He appears lazy and loses concentratioin because he gets dis-interested when not on the ball and the game passes him by. I don't think he is the greatest athlete and appears to be one of those who is destined to struggle controlling his weight. His plus points are he is strong, tall, a big fecking unit, has good heading ability, and a nice touch.

I dunno maybe a fresh challenge is what he needs. Might be a change of club, maybe a change of position. We are converting midfielders into right backs, centre halfs into midfielders, I don't see what is so unbelieveable about considering Nade as a CH? Tall, strong, heading ability, nice touch, will be forced to concentrate more, perhaps not as hard worked, I dunno, stranger things have happened.

siegementality
I wouldnae even bother giving breath to a debate about it, that was a sarcastic comment and now we are seeing some pathetic attempt to "save face" what ever that may mean, is basically lying.

Listen doddi, or is it diddy? I can be sarcastic easily, sarcasm is not a problem for me. I made a comment that I was serious about, I have posted information that backs up the validity of my comment. Numerous players have been converted from a centre forward to a centre half. Now, given that some of those players went on to play in World Cups, European finals, won domestic league titles, cups and player of the year awards how exactly is it impossible to believe that Christian Nade could be converted to a centre half? Unless you're telling me he's not good enough?

See it seems strange that I'm getting abuse for suggesting it, I wonder what will happen if Csaba does?

Malcolm Tucker

Spot on!

siegementality
What sort of debate are you expecting.

Nade for centre half? Aye, what a stupendous idea right enough.:rolleyes:

As I said there have been numerous successful examples of this. Gordon McQueen was another one I'm sure. just because there haven't been many high profile examples of this switch recently doesn't mean it can't be considered. Kevin McKenna was often played as striker for Hearts.

When a team need a goal they semd the big boys up from the back, when they are defending they, if they have one, bring their big centre foraward back to defend, why?, because a lot of the same attributes are needed to to both jobs, height, strength, heading ability, presence. Just watch how many times Tullberg comes back to defend when he starts playing.

P.S. watch the BBC highlights of the Falkirk players and tell me who is the furthest forward player when Stewarts shot hits the back of the net.

Malcolm Tucker
As I said there have been numerous successful examples of this. Gordon McQueen was another one I'm sure. just because there haven't been many high profile examples of this switch recently doesn't mean it can't be considered. Kevin McKenna was often played as striker for Hearts.

When a team need a goal they semd the big boys up from the back, when they are defending they, if they have one, bring their big centre foraward back to defend, why?, because a lot of the same attributes are needed to to both jobs, height, strength, heading ability, presence. Just watch how many times Tullberg comes back to defend when he starts playing.

P.S. watch the BBC highlights of the Falkirk players and tell me who is the furthest forward player when Stewarts shot hits the back of the net.

I don't need to watch I remember, it was Berra.

So do you think Berra would make a good striker?

Maybe we should swap Berra and Nade! :eek:

He's got the best first touch in the squad

I take it you weren't at the game to see his attempted chest down that was more akin to a clearance? :mad:

Nade must have had something once, but he hasn't got it now. Time to get rid of the useless waste of skin. :mad:

siegementality
Spot on!

There's people trying to save face right enough but I'm not one of them. You jumped down my throat, an all too regular habit of people of JKB, as soon as I mentioned the idea. Now you are insisting I'm still trying to be sarcatic and save face despite me providing plenty of successful examples of players being converted to CH's, the reasons for it and in Nades case, the benefits. Nade hasn't performed as a striker, do we let him go the way of Pinilla or try something different?

IMO, Nade might just make a better CH than a CF because the CF that he is now isn't very good.

Listen doddi, or is it diddy? I can be sarcastic easily, sarcasm is not a problem for me. I made a comment that I was serious about, I have posted information that backs up the validity of my comment. Numerous players have been converted from a centre forward to a centre half. Now, given that some of those players went on to play in World Cups, European finals, won domestic league titles, cups and player of the year awards how exactly is it impossible to believe that Christian Nade could be converted to a centre half? Unless you're telling me he's not good enough?

See it seems strange that I'm getting abuse for suggesting it, I wonder what will happen if Csaba does?

Have a word wi yourself eh? Small, small man.

Malcolm Tucker
There's people trying to save face right enough but I'm not one of them. You jumped down my throat, an all too regular habit of people of JKB, as soon as I mentioned the idea. Now you are insisting I'm still trying to be sarcatic and save face despite me providing plenty of successful examples of players being converted to CH's, the reasons for it and in Nades case, the benefits. Nade hasn't performed as a striker, do we let him go the way of Pinilla or try something different?

IMO, Nade might just make a better CH than a CF because the CF that he is now isn't very good.

I never once jumped down your throat.

Just commented on the sheer sarcasm that was meant in your comment. The fact you put together in speech marks just makes it even more clear you were trying to make a joke about the way we've chopped and changed 2 players' positions this season.

siegementality
I don't need to watch I remember, it was Berra.

So do you think Berra would make a good striker?

Maybe we should swap Berra and Nade! :eek:

My point re that is that both CH's and CF's have a lot of the same abilities. there roles, in the case of someone like Nade and target man type, are not too disiniliar. Some former CF's found the CH role easier as the were facing the ball and more or less always heading and kicking it in the direction they were facing.

I'm not suggesting Gary Glen or Jamie Mole could play centre half as quite obviously they don't have the attributes or play the target man role. Nade howeveris different.

Just to show that it works both ways I've thought of two CH's who were converted to CF's. Chris Sutton, when he was at Norwich and Paul Warhurst, when he was at Blackburn. Neither of them were shoddy forwards after being average centre halfs!

siegementality
I never once jumped down your throat.

Just commented on the sheer sarcasm that was meant in your comment. The fact you put together in speech marks just makes it even more clear you were trying to make a joke about the way we've chopped and changed 2 players' positions this season.

I think you'll find I put the word "together" in inverted commas just like that. That is because I don't believe that Csaba has full say over the team affairs (bearing in mind he has said Romanov, him, Korobotchup, etc, work "together"). Therefore if you saw that as being sarcastic fair enough, my point about Nade however was not.

Malcolm Tucker
My point re that is that both CH's and CF's have a lot of the same abilities. there roles, in the case of someone like Nade and target man type, are not too disiniliar. Some former CF's found the CH role easier as the were facing the ball and more or less always heading and kicking it in the direction they were facing.

I'm not suggesting Gary Glen or Jamie Mole could play centre half as quite obviously they don't have the attributes or play the target man role. Nade howeveris different.

Just to show that it works both ways I've thought of two CH's who were converted to CF's. Chris Sutton, when he was at Norwich and Paul Warhurst, when he was at Blackburn. Neither of them were shoddy forwards after being average centre halfs!

Nade is far far far better with the ball at his feet rather than in the air. I don't see him as much of a target man in that sense. He's big, strong and quick, and has close control like no-one else at the club. I think if we played Nade at CH, it would be absolutely horrendous in many different ways.

Archived