Tatics and Captain

steve_the_jambo

steve_the_jambo

Am I the only person around that thinks we would be better off with out Berra as captain?

I know I will probely get alot of abuse for this but I just dont think he is a strong enough leader to get his point across to most of the other players.

I would also like to know why Csaba continues to play Karipidis in the defensive midfield role? He should be playing Palazuelos there who last season was by far one of Hearts best players but now he is warming his arse on the bench getting to play 4 minutes of football for a club he had to pay to come and play for. I think he deserves better because he is a good player so I think Csaba need to take a good look at the tapes from Falkirk and look closly at the players who played horrible on Saturday and change it about abit and also he has to learn to play two up front.

Am I the only person around that thinks we would be better off with out Berra as captain?

I know I will probely get alot of abuse for this but I just dont think he is a strong enough leader to get his point across to most of the other players.

I would also like to know why Csaba continues to play Karipidis in the defensive midfield role? He should be playing Palazuelos there who last season was by far one of Hearts best players but now he is warming his arse on the bench getting to play 4 minutes of football for a club he had to pay to come and play for. I think he deserves better because he is a good player so I think Csaba need to take a good look at the tapes from Falkirk and look closly at the players who played horrible on Saturday and change it about abit and also he has to learn to play two up front.

Palazeulos had 2 minutes in the 'defensive midfield' role on saturday and cost a goal by not picking up his man. He is not a defensive player and is not suited to the SPL.

Karipidis had done that earlier in the game too and cost the first goal.

My preference would be for Jonsson in that holding role as he is the only one of our midfielders with the energy to play a full game. With the right coaching he could be sensational in that position.

Agree with the need for 2 strikers.

Michael Stewart & Karipidis are the real team leaders on the pitch.

Csaba won't play Stewart & Palazeulos together very often as he thinks Karipidis has better defensive qualities than Ruben and I reckon Mrowiec will probably also be more likely to play at defensive midfield beside Stewart than Palazeulos.

Jonsson is our defensive midfielder and should be playing there. When will Hearts learn, they have been playing players out of position since Burley left. Ok, Karipidis has done reasonably well playing there but i'm never confident when any player plays out of position. Karipidis and Berra did well as the central defensive partnership so why should they change it? As for Berra being captain, i've never liked him doing that job, a few times last season, he was trying to organise his team-mates and none of them took any notice of him, the only realistic player that should do this is Michael Stewart, as long as he gets his temperament sorted out.

steve_the_jambo
Jonsson is our defensive midfielder and should be playing there. When will Hearts learn, they have been playing players out of position since Burley left. Ok, Karipidis has done reasonably well playing there but i'm never confident when any player plays out of position. Karipidis and Berra did well as the central defensive partnership so why should they change it? As for Berra being captain, i've never liked him doing that job, a few times last season, he was trying to organise his team-mates and none of them took any notice of him, the only realistic player that should do this is Michael Stewart, as long as he gets his temperament sorted out.

ur right on there m8 stewart should b captain he is the only person who would get this point across to everyone else

Probably, but who would you give it to?

I would also like to know why Csaba continues to play Karipidis in the defensive midfield role?

Karapidis is there on merit, which is how it should be.

He should be playing Palazuelos there who last season was by far one of Hearts best players but now he is warming his arse on the bench getting to play 4 minutes of football for a club he had to pay to come and play for.

He also cost us a goal on Saturday.

I think he deserves better because he is a good player so I think Csaba need to take a good look at the tapes from Falkirk and look closly at the players who played horrible on Saturday and change it about abit and also he has to learn to play two up front.

This was basically the same team that took us to third in 4 games.

Minus Driver and Obua.

Karapidis is there on merit, which is how it should be.

So on merit he should now be dropped as the last 3 games he's been awful.

Rarely passes to a Hearts player, caught out of position and when he seems to swap places with Mikey and plays further foward he's a headless chicken!

Eggy is the man for DM, but he's also probably the man for RB just now!!

Jonsson is our defensive midfielder and should be playing there. When will Hearts learn, they have been playing players out of position since Burley left.

When we signed Jonsson he was a centre half.

Taking the captaincy off Berra now would probably do his game more harm than good.

Who would the captaincy go to ?

I think your right... and on one hand it would seem harsh to take the captaincy of him when he hasn't per say done any thing wrong and would be a real kick in the teeth to him after opting to stay here in the face of interest from england...

on the other hand having a leadership conflict on the pitch (there is definately tention between berra and stewart) will be far more detrimental to the team in the long run.

IMO berra will have to grow a pair and stamp his authority on games more or csaba should consider another captain.

The question of who should be captain is a bit of a dilemma, to be honest. I like Berra as a player and feel that he is improving in that respect, but as a captain, he's far too quiet.

Mikey Stewart, on the other hand, is constantly communicating with the rest of the team and, if he can learn to control his tendency to be hot-headed (which I think has improved), then I think he would make a better captain.

However, as Berra has really done nothing wrong as such, to strip him of the captaincy would seem a bit harsh.

The question of who should be captain is a bit of a dilemma, to be honest. I like Berra as a player and feel that he is improving in that respect, but as a captain, he's far too quiet.

Mikey Stewart, on the other hand, is constantly communicating with the rest of the team and, if he can learn to control his tendency to be hot-headed (which I think has improved), then I think he would make a better captain.

However, as Berra has really done nothing wrong as such, to strip him of the captaincy would seem a bit harsh.

Berra and Mikey had a confrontation during the match and blunt words were exchanged after the match.

Hope somebody demanded ?21 of "lazy larry" because he spent most of the match watching inbetween breaking into a trot now and againl

steve_the_jambo
Berra and Mikey had a confrontation during the match and blunt words were exchanged after the match.

Hope somebody demanded ?21 of "lazy larry" because he spent most of the match watching inbetween breaking into a trot now and againl

larry has become lazier and lazier since he sealed a deal with us because thats all he need to do get a deal then he was making easy money with us mebey we should all be askinh him to get 21 quid back of him for tht game because i can think of alot better things i could of done with tht money

Our tactics and player selections ultimately cost us the game at the weekend.

That's football.

Hopefully those making the decisions learn from it. I am certain Csaba will have learned from it.

I agree that Berra shouldnt be captain.

I think with all the spin that goes on at Hearts the script writers could easily come up with language that "we want Berra to concentrate on his football, we feel that the pressure of playing and captaining the team is too much at this stage in his development"

Our tactics remain a huge concern. With all the defenders we had on the pitch yesterday, and lack of players flooding forward, we really shouldnt have lost 2 goals.

Whatever anyone says (and I think Zali played well on Saturday) our defence was better second half of last season than it is now.

I still think Karipidis should be in central defence. I still think we should ditch our awful formation

If we are going to play 4-5-1 then Audrey HAS to play. He's the only one who can link the midfield and forwards, and actually makes runs off the ball.

If we are going to play 4-5-1 then Audrey HAS to play. He's the only one who can link the midfield and forwards, and actually makes runs off the ball.

Which is precisely why we shouldnt play the blasted system

We dont have the players to execute it effectively

Which we only found out about

So they only count as being "played out of position" when you know about it first?

Good logic.

You're still claiming him to be a defensive midfielder though, so obviously the experiment worked in your book...

So they only count as being "played out of position" when you know about it first?

Good logic.

You're still claiming him to be a defensive midfielder though, so obviously the experiment worked in your book...

It is ridiculous how some people go on and on.

It is important in the modern game that players are able to play in a number of positions, there is no 'this is his position'

Mickey Stewart would be my choice as captain , I know he can be tempremental and get a bit too envolved but if he was captain i think he would get the best out the rest he is vocal (sometimes too often at the moment ;) ) but i think he would mature if he was seen as the leader of the young squad we have ?

what do you want as a captain ?

Is berra no good because he doesn't shout and swear at the players as much as Stewart -- does this make him worse or better ?

Too much is made of this captaincy issue -- a captain is only a figurehead on the pitch and should not have to show how much he is committed by hand waving and gestures.

A quiet word here and there, the odd discussion at convenient times but other than that a captains role is overrated.

There should be 11 players wanting to bust a gut to win -- then they are all captains

No your not....Stewart should be Captain!!!

There should be 11 players wanting to bust a gut to win -- then they are all captains

Spot on, but if someone needs a kick up the erchie then the captain should be doing it, I personally don't see Berra doing that and think Stewart would be better and if he was made captain he may mature enough not to get silly yellows and reds ?

While I agree that, in an ideal world, we would have 11 players busting a gut for the whole game, there are times when a good captain can lift those around them and make that difference between winning and losing.

Archived