Thoughts From Today

magicTs

One thought that has come to me is that the young players we have are having trouble coming into the team and doing well. The likes of Clum (when he was here) Wallace, mole, thompson etc get played and don't really seem to be doing well and certainly not really progressing, even Berra who's been better than the rest seems to be stagnating a bit.

If Vlads plans revolve around bringing through youngsters and selling them on then I think we need to look seriously at how we are managing them, training them and introducing them into the first team because I don't think the way we are doing things now is helping. There are few established, experienced players at Hearts who can support these kids out on the field, Neilson is about the only one I can really think of and Banks when he was playing. Many of the older players are coming mainly from abroad and they themselves need support - I think the lack of proper experience is what we really need brought into the side.

agree ...that's why I'm not shouting for Glen to be made the "saviour" up front....should be regular sub and brought on last 20 mins or so :)

We desperately need to find some forwards who can score. So far we've been relying on defenders and midfielders for goals, but that isn't a viable option as was proved yesterday.

We desperately need to find some forwards who can score. So far we've been relying on defenders and midfielders for goals, but that isn't a viable option as was proved yesterday.

Yep, we should be looking for an out of contract striker to bring in NOW and given Vlad's penchant for foreign forwards I'd expect him to be able to bring someone in within a few days. Preferably this would be someone without a history of continual injuries, mental issues and who likes to run about in the six yard box !

Just to clarify re: McCann going to the ****.

McCann knew in 98 that he wanted to leave Hearts. He could have easily let his contract run out and went to Rangers for cheap. He purposely signed a new contract with a get-out clause so that Hearts would get a reasonable fee for him (?1.6m if I recall)

Archived