Thoughts From Today

magicTs

Negatives :

No clean sheet and no likelihood of one anytime soon if we keep defending like we are. Wallace is an absolute shambles and whilst Berra and Zaliukas had fairly decent matches they are just not solid enough. I'd play Berra at left back against ICT and move Karipidis back beside Zaliukas.

The refereeing display was amongst the most inept I have ever seen for BOTH TEAMS. It was a complete farce. We should have had a certain penalty whilst Zaliukas was very lucky not to be sent off having already been booked. As well as that his bookings were completely random and it was a total lottery what he gave bookings and fouls for. Totally inept.

Karipidis instead of Ruben. Bizarre and totally unecessary every week. We were dominating for long periods in the 2nd half and needed a player who could pass and create something in the final 3rd. We all know Karipidis isn't that man and given how weak we are at the back he should be playing there.

Mole is not and never will be a goalscorer. It sickens me that a team like Falkirk have better strikers than him yet we have to start him week in week out. Tries hard enough and runs about but is clueless when it comes to getting into the box and has no predatory instincts.

Booing of Neil McCann. Should never have been brought back to Hearts but was one of the 98 heroes and deserves a little respect (if not a lot). It wasn't his fault Lee Wallace is a huddy and he found himself in acres to score the first. A bit more class from the Hearts fans would have been good.........

Talking of which I've never seen so many arguments between Hearts fans as I have at Hamilton and Falkirk. There is massive disharmony within the support, a culmination of all the nonsense of the last 2 years and because of the controversial selection policy. Not great.

Positives :

Kello had absolutely no chance with either goal but once again his handling from crosses was excellent and I love the fact he throws the ball early and tries to get things moving in an attacking sense. Has made a good start to his Hearts career.

Thought Jonsson had a superb 2nd half and is already a much better full back and player than Wallace on the other side. In fact he is everything the Hobo isn't; hungry, physical, on his toes, determined and looks like he want to play for Hearts. Good future in the game.

Michael Stewart, once again outstanding and capped it with a magnificent goal. Gave everything and should never have been on the losing side. Deserves an opportunity to have a 2nd central midfielder beside him.

Nade, the best 20miute cameo we have seen from him in a long time. Looked eager to get involved and was very unlucky not to have a one on one when he used his body well to ease the defender of it (another decision the ref got wrong).

All in all a typically frustrating Hearts performance which had been predicted beforehand. To some extent same old same old I'm afraid. Disappointing and now vital that we bounce back with 3pts against ICT next week with the prospect of a visit to Tannadice and a Utd side without a win (jeez we'll sort that out) the following week.

chester copperpot
Negatives :

No clean sheet and no likelihood of one anytime soon if we keep defending like we are. Wallace is an absolute shambles and whilst Berra and Zaliukas had fairly decent matches they are just not solid enough. I'd play Berra at left back against ICT and move Karipidis back beside Zaliukas.

The refereeing display was amongst the most inept I have ever seen for BOTH TEAMS. It was a complete farce. We should have had a certain penalty whilst Zaliukas was very lucky not to be sent off having already been booked. As well as that his bookings were completely random and it was a complete lottery what he gave bookings and fouls for. Totally inept.

Karipidis instead of Ruben. Bizarre and totally unecessary every week. We were dominating for long periods in the 2nd half and needed a player who could pass and create something in the final 3rd. We all know Karipidis isn't that man and given how weak we are at the back he should be playing there.

Mole is and never will be a goalscorer. It sickens me that a team like Falkirk have better strikers than him yet we have to start him week in week out. Tries hard enough and runs about but is clueless when it comes to getting into the box and has no predatory instincts.

Booing of Neil McCann. Should never have been brought back to Hearts but was one of the 98 heroes and deserves a little respect (if not a lot). It wasn't his fault Lee Wallace is a huddy and he found himself in acres to score the first. A bit more class from the Hearts fans would have been good.........

Talking of which I've never seen so many arguments between Hearts fans as I have at Hamilton and Falkirk. There is massive disharmony within the support, a culmination of all the nonsense of the last 2 years and because of the controversial selection policy. Not great.

Positives :

Kello had absolutely no chance with either goal but once again his handling from crosses was excellent and I love the fact he throws the ball early and tries to get things moving in an attacking sense. Has made a good start to his Hearts career.

Thought Jonsson had a superb 2nd half and is already a much better full back and player than Wallace on the other side. In fact he is everything the Hobo isn't; hungry, physical, on his toes, determined and looks like he want to play for Hearts. Good future in the game.

Michael Stewart, once again outstanding and capped it with a magnificent goal. Gave everything and should never have been on the losing side. Deserves an opportunity to have a 2nd central midfielder beside him.

Nade, the best 20miute cameo we have seen from him in a long time. Looked eager to get involved and was very unlucky not to have a one on one when he used his body well to ease the defender of it (another decision the ref got wrong).

All in all a typically frustrating Hearts performance which had been predicted beforehand. To some extent same old same old I'm afraid. Disappointing and now vital that we bounce back with 3pts against ICT next week with the prospect of a visit to Tannadice and Utd side without a win (jeez we'll sort that out) the following week.

I though for as honking we were first half, we were good 2nd half.

Csaba clearly has a presence in the dressing room, as that was a different team the 2nd half.

The attitude & determination to fight back & try to win the game in the 2nd half was encouraging - we didn't really deserve to lose that game but for Wallace carelessness.

Positives:

Stewart was immense again. His engine and desire to win have been superb this season and for me he is the captain. He got the goal he deserved and it was a crying shame that he was on the losing team.

Jonsson looks like he has played at right back for years and his performance showed up Wallace even more. It looks like we've finally got a right back that we can all be happy with.

Csaba clearly has a presence in the dressing room, as that was a different team the 2nd half.

I agree about Csaba but we were always liable to give up a 2nd goal at some point as well as blow lots of opportunites at the other end (unfortunately as expected) because we simply don't have a goalscorer. Kingston twice and Berra put in tremendous crosses right into the middle of the six yard box and as usual we had nobody there.

It was obvious before the window closed that the full back positions and central striker role were serious problems and two of the three cost us big time today with Wallace again playing like he was on drugs (sedatives) and nothing up front until Nade came on. Thankfully in my opinion the Jonsson experiment is working and he had a fine game at right back.

Positives:

Stewart was immense again. His engine and desire to win have been superb this season and for me he is the captain. He got the goal he deserved and it was a crying shame that he was on the losing team.

Jonsson looks like he has played at right back for years and his performance showed up Wallace even more. It looks like we've finally got a right back that we can all be happy with.

Agree on both counts, our best two players today for me.

The attitude & determination to fight back & try to win the game in the 2nd half was encouraging - we didn't really deserve to lose that game but for Wallace carelessness.

Yep but carelessness happens far too often. A 1-1 wouldn't have been a disater given our start to the season but the Hobo blew it AGAIN.

Can't disagree with anything posted so far.

As I mentioned on another thread, Kingston needs to get his arse in gear when the team aren't playing well. He only comes to life when we start to dominate.

I thought that one slip up aside, Big Zal had a pretty good game, although he did almost get himself sent off.

The Pole looked pretty average, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Nade's performance was very encouraging although I still don't think he's fit enough to start. Getting there though....

Why do we need a change/kick up backside at half time though -- if we are to improve it has to be 100% from the start -- I've said it before -- attitude in some of the games stinks still from some players.

There has been enough time to assess the squad now and where they should play -- time to sort it out Csaba.

Whilst he has been a breath of fresh air he also perhaps has to change his attitude at times -- we need a goalscorer -- we potentially have one in Glen -- time to give him his 5 games in a row to see what he can do ( and even if it's not now he still has potential).

This may mean playing 4-4-2 -- so be it especially at home.

All in all though this season should be looked upon as work in progress -- some of the weaknesses are apparent now though --

Left Back

Holding Midfield player

Midfield goalscorer

Striker

Looked like the players took a while to adjust to the different personnel on the park today.

Poor first half without being second best, and far better second half, we really didn't deserve to lose today.

As for wallace.....

GHTF.

I was not at the game, but if Neil McCann was booed by Hearts fans then it is a sad day and those fans should be ashamed of themselves.

I'd play Berra at left back against ICT and move Karipidis back beside Zaliukas.

A month ago i would have called that suggestion ridiculous, but having seen what Jonnson can do at right back, I'd encourage this suggestion.

It would mean two full backs who rarely venture forward but it would be a pretty solid defence.

I was not at the game, but if Neil McCann was booed by Hearts fans then it is a sad day and those fans should be ashamed of themselves.

It's football. It happens.

(Not that I booed, Nor did I applaud)

Correct. A man who brought us silverware for the first time in decades and has never said a bad word against the club, even when pushed by journalists.

It's all about class I suppose, you can't buy it.

portobellojambo1

Very difficult to take many positive from today, because the bottom line is we went there to collect 3 points, and came away with none.

Stewart played well, very well, and was alone in that. Jonsson came on to a game second half, after a decidedly average 1st half, Zaliukas was reasonably steady at the back, Nade brought something different when he came on, but team wise, formation wise, it was like watching a repeat of one of last season's games.

Mole produced nothing, Mikoliunas produced nothing, the midfield (bar Stewart) produced nothing, we were, for long periods, bereft of ideas, and skill. We gave an outing to the new Polish player, which I think was a wrong decision to make. However having witnessed him I saw nothing to suggest he will bring anything to the side, we have better players at the club at the moment, he is not a wide right player, he is not a wide left player, he is not a right sided midfield player, if he has been brought in as cover for Berra and Zaliukas then he should not have been asked to operate in any other position today. Kingston was mince as well.

I think a draw would have been a fair result, but today showed again how light weight we are up front, and to go out and play the first half with a 4-6-0 formation and the first half of the second half with the same formation was plain crazy. We need someone we can depend on to score goals, because we are going to concede them, I don't mind us conceding, as long as we are scoring more than we concede.

I find it difficult to take any positivity from today, to me it was 3 points thrown away, a combination of our poor display and some strange refereeing decisions.

Mole produced nothing, Mikoliunas produced nothing,

Mole rarely produces anything. He is a hardworking carthorse who has not a scooby were the six yard box is and should nver be a first choice pick at HMFC in a million years.

Miko, in my opinion was shafted again today. He's started the season well and was surely full of confidence after the Lithuania games so what do we do, put him over on the wrong side in front of a total diddy at left back. very unfair when we should have used him in his correct position.

siegementality
I though for as honking we were first half, we were good 2nd half.

Are the players, and Csaba, not in the dressing room prior to the game? Where was his "presence in the dressing room" then?

chester copperpot
Are the players, and Csaba, not in the dressing room prior to the game? Where was his "presence in the dressing room" then?

Fandabbydosey.

Csaba changed the attitude of most of the players in the second half, hence the praise.

Were you at the game today, or do you just get off in hating everything I find positive in Hearts?

siegementality
Fandabbydosey.

Csaba changed the attitude of most of the players in the second half, hence the praise.

Were you at the game today, or do you just get off in hating everything I find positive in Hearts?

Sorry mate, I just don't clutch at straws.

siegementality
Nah you'd just rather wait for a defeat so you can derride everything.

That's good considering that I posted on a thread prior to the game that I was confident we would get a positive result, how is that "waiting for a defeat"?

We are a good few players short of having a good team, Romanov seems reluctant to invest any decent amount of money and I'm not convinced Csaba has total control given his numerous "together" comments.

I am allowed to have those opinion aren't I?

I am allowed to have those opinion aren't I?

Definetely. It's interesting because never before has the atmosphere on JKB actually mirrored as obviously into what's happening in the stands week after week. As I mentioned in the OP I have witnessed more arguments between Hearts fans in the last two away games than I have in the last 5 seasons. There is a split in the support of that there is no doubt and it's been created, some would say deliberately over the last 3 years. The selection and transfer policy has caused so much confusion, anger, frustration and apathy that when things are not going well on the pitch it's always bubbling under the surface.

For what it's worth I have seen some progress this season so am not totally down tonight but equally the fact we spent nothing in the summer is so evident as we never brought in the players we needed to and it will hurt us as the season progresses, possibly even costing us a UEFA Cup place.

Booing of Neil McCann, a '98 legend, is an absolute disgrace.

Agreed 100% ........nuf said!!

To young to know any better or not very bright!

Sad day and i don't mean the result:(

Miko was unlucky to be taken off today but I think it was the correct decision considering how poor & bizarre the referee Conroy was today - I don't think he would have thought twice about sending Miko off given half a chance considering the very harsh booking he gave him.

One thought that has come to me is that the young players we have are having trouble coming into the team and doing well. The likes of Clum (when he was here) Wallace, mole, thompson etc get played and don't really seem to be doing well and certainly not really progressing, even Berra who's been better than the rest seems to be stagnating a bit.

If Vlads plans revolve around bringing through youngsters and selling them on then I think we need to look seriously at how we are managing them, training them and introducing them into the first team because I don't think the way we are doing things now is helping. There are few established, experienced players at Hearts who can support these kids out on the field, Neilson is about the only one I can really think of and Banks when he was playing. Many of the older players are coming mainly from abroad and they themselves need support - I think the lack of proper experience is what we really need brought into the side.

siegementality
Definetely. It's interesting because never before has the atmosphere on JKB actually mirrored as obviously into what's happening in the stands week after week. As I mentioned in the OP I have witnessed more arguments between Hearts fans in the last two away games than I have in the last 5 seasons. There is a split in the support of that there is no doubt and it's been created, some would say deliberately over the last 3 years. The selection and transfer policy has caused so much confusion, anger, frustration and apathy that when things are not going well on the pitch it's always bubbling under the surface.

For what it's worth I have seen some progress this season so am not totally down tonight but equally the fact we spent nothing in the summer is so evident as we never brought in the players we needed to and it will hurt us as the season progresses, possibly even costing us a UEFA Cup place.

It is interesting as I had a conversation with a mate two days ago and he was giving me all the positive lines he could think of. He genuinely sounded convinced things had changed. There was a moment of silence, we supped our pints, I then said to him "Do you really believe in everything you have just said", he replied "No, not really, but I want to. Although I do think I'm kidding myself on". I replied "so do I".

One thought that has come to me is that the young players we have are having trouble coming into the team and doing well. The likes of Clum (when he was here) Wallace, mole, thompson etc get played and don't really seem to be doing well and certainly not really progressing, even Berra who's been better than the rest seems to be stagnating a bit.

If Vlads plans revolve around bringing through youngsters and selling them on then I think we need to look seriously at how we are managing them, training them and introducing them into the first team because I don't think the way we are doing things now is helping. There are few established, experienced players at Hearts who can support these kids out on the field, Neilson is about the only one I can really think of and Banks when he was playing. Many of the older players are coming mainly from abroad and they themselves need support - I think the lack of proper experience is what we really need brought into the side.

Good point. We had this conversation on the way home today. My old man thinks that Hughes has gone too far with trying to replace Latapy's experience with the likes of Bullen, MacNamara, McCann, O'Brien etc. But given how many other young players they have it looks like it will make sense.

There's no point in playing young players for the sake of it. Our lot need some people to learn from.

Many of the older players are coming mainly from abroad and they themselves need support - I think the lack of proper experience is what we really need brought into the side.

Great point and something we were talking about at half time (whilst trying to ignore the windae lickers doing the 10 second shot thingy !). We have so few leaders on the park and certainly Berra has got the captaincy far too early in his career. What would you give for a couple of Sandy's (Jardine and Clark) eh ?!

Great point and something we were talking about at half time (whilst trying to ignore the windae lickers doing the 10 second shot thingy !). We have so few leaders on the park and certainly Berra has got the captaincy far too early in his career. What would you give for a couple of Sandy's (Jardine and Clark) eh ?!

There isn't anybody anywhere nearly as good as the Super-Sandy's currently playing in the SPL.

There isn't anybody anywhere nearly as good as the Super-Sandy's currently playing in the SPL.

Jim Hamilton has been doing the Sandy Clark role for years.

Nucky Thompson
It is interesting as I had a conversation with a mate two days ago and he was giving me all the positive lines he could think of. He genuinely sounded convinced things had changed. There was a moment of silence, we supped our pints, I then said to him "Do you really believe in everything you have just said", he replied "No, not really, but I want to. Although I do think I'm kidding myself on". I replied "so do I".
It is interesting that another defeat and woh and behold you are active on JKB:rolleyes: You can spot you clowns a mile away:cool:

siegementality
Jim Hamilton has been doing the Sandy Clark role for years.

Sandy Clark would have filled in half the imposters in this current team. Sandy Jardine would have filled in the other half.

Sandy Clark would have filled in half the imposters in this current team. Sandy Jardine would have filled in the other half.

Agree.

Can you imagine Alex MacDonald putting up with Kingston's pathetic lack of effort? :eek:

siegementality
It is interesting that another defeat and woh and behold you are active on JKB:rolleyes: You can spot you clowns a mile away:cool:

Oh, what a cruel thing to say, see if I was remotely interested in what someone like you had to say I might feel slightly hurt by that. Thankfully I couldn't give a feck! ;)

Big Hammy's okay but nowhere near as good a My Hero. :)

Agree, Hammy was a right good player for us, but not in Sandy's league.

But he knows all the tricks and works defenders. We need some smart experienced good pros. Too many prima donnas and youngsters.

A player like Sandy Clark wouldn't have as much success with today's referees.

Disagree. He was brave and strong but not a dirty player.

Disagree. He was brave and strong but not a dirty player.

I never said he was a dirty player.

He'd get nothing from the referees. Look at Jankauskas when he was here. 1 decision in 10.

I never said he was a dirty player.

He'd get nothing from the referees. Look at Jankauskas when he was here. 1 decision in 10.

Sandy didn't need to get decisions from the referees.

Did you ever see him play?

The booing of Neil McCann was about 50/50 in the support; the others clapped.

I booed him, 'cause he went mental when he scored the goal. Thought it would've been a bit classier if he'd remained dignified. Afterall, he was pretty much a wage-thief second time around at Tynecastle, regularly snapping his knee etc.

Although, granted, he's a '98 hero (Who left us for the Huns..)

Lots of videos but you're missing my point.

When Jankauskas was at his best here he was still not getting decisions from referees (when defenders bounced off him). But he was such as strong physical presence it greatly helped the other players in the team.

Clark was the same.

Sandy Jardine was THE best defender to have played for Hearts in the last 25 years - even better than Levein & taught him everything he knew - won player of the year in 1985-86 at 38 years old.

I booed him, 'cause he went mental when he scored the goal. Thought it would've been a bit classier if he'd remained dignified. Afterall, he was pretty much a wage-thief second time around at Tynecastle, regularly snapping his knee etc.

Didn't he run away from the Hearts fans?

Sandy Clark would happily have lost a tooth every week if it meant scoring with a diving header. He was as brave as they come and went into the areas that defenders hate. Today (and it must take the number well into double figures already this season) we had several fantastic crosses along the six yard line begging to be stuck away. We didn't even have someone in the vicinity. We are crying out for a centre forward who wants to score goals, forget whether they are actually any good but WANTS TO SCORE GOALS. Unless Tullberg is the answer only Glen looks to have any sort of predatory instinct so he should be fast tracked into the side before further opportunities are wasted. Mole's had his run and it hasn't worked.

He's praising the fans again but I suspect Csaba (along with the regime) are probably totally unaware of the constant infighting amongst the support but I agree about the 2nd half improvement. He really needs us to take 3pts next Saturday with the trip to Tannadice and potentially a Utd side without a win (sound familiar) the following week.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1392021,00.html

Astonishing post. It shows just how far our fans have gone.

Archived