Csaba's Broon Shoes
do we have the personnel?

Of course we do .

We have employed this formation foe 3 seasons now

Nade , Glen , Makela although i know was very bad against Well

Tullberg , there must be some youngsters worth a try also

We all know this should have been addressed before the transfer window

closed .

I think the problem is more that we don't have a creative/attacking midfielder and so we compensate by putting an extra one in there so that Stewart who isn't a natural attacking midfielder can do it.

This isn't helped that we don't have any real quality up front and our supposed real quality player (LK) can't be arsed.

If we had signed the centre forward we clearly needed in the transfer window maybe we wouldn't have to put up with this horrendous system.

rudi must stay
If we had signed the centre forward we clearly needed in the transfer window maybe we wouldn't have to put up with this horrendous system.

Tullberg?

The problem is the committees insistance on playing a system we don't have the players for.

I would be surprised if anyone else at the game didn't agree that nade and mole together wouldn't have been a worthy option to play together second half.

Today we had to play 4-4-2. Mrowiec is not a wide player and we should have gone with Miko and Kingston on the wings, Mole and Nade upfront.

I don't rate Mole but he could have done the donkey work and allowed Nade to save his fitness.

If Driver is not back next week and we stick with 4-4-1-1, we'll struggle badly against Inverness.

Today we had to play 4-4-2. Mrowiec is not a wide player and we should have gone with Miko and Kingston on the wings, Mole and Nade upfront.

I don't rate Mole but he could have done the donkey work and allowed Nade to save his fitness.

If Driver is not back next week and we stick with 4-4-1-1, we'll struggle badly against Inverness.

FECK LAST SEASON CRAP AGAIN THEN.:rolleyes:

Tullberg?

He's not a goalscorer mate. His stats for putting the ball away aren't great.

He's more of a Sandy Clark than a John Robertson.

And its a Robbo we need.

rudi must stay
He's not a goalscorer mate. His stats for putting the ball away aren't great.

He's more of a Sandy Clark than a John Robertson.

And its a Robbo we need.

from what i saw of Glen, he looks a real goalscorer. Him and Tullberg up-front would be a good combination

from what i saw of Glen, he looks a real goalscorer. Him and Tullberg up-front would be a good combination

Yeah, I liked him too when he got a run last season.

Don't see why he can't get a game now tbh.

Tullberg?

Aye, he'll get his chance but, there should've been at least another one brought in! The opening poster asked why we're afraid to attack? simple, we don't have the players to do so

Yeah, I liked him too when he got a run last season.

Don't see why he can't get a game now tbh.

I just can't understand why he's not around. Instead of bringing on Ksanavicius, we should be bringing on Glen.

We've gone on about bringing through youth players but yet we've got someone who seems talented and scores goals but he's sitting in the stand.

It's a bit worrying how he's not featured at all under Csaba.

To be honest, I don't think people should be getting too hung up on the system up front. Just as there's only one recognised striker up there doesn't necessarily mean we're less attacking than if we went 4-4-2.

Personally I reckon it's our leaky defence which really needs the attention. Still not had a clean sheet after five games!

Why are Hearts affraid to attack the mediocre SPL teams going 4-4-1-1

Playing with only an inexperienced young boy up-front on his own

only encourages the opposition defenders to attack us at every opportunity

It's not as if we are short of strikers

I don't think we are afraid to attack, Csaba will decide when the time is right to play with 2 strikers but we need to do what we can to protect the defence so they gain confidence.

It is ok to be catious. It is early in the season, Mrowiec, Obua and Tullberg have still to settle in.

Personally I reckon it's our leaky defence which really needs the attention. Still not had a clean sheet after five games!

Yes, when we have 5 clean sheets we can maybe play with an extra striker. We have a young defence, both Jonsson and Wallace are only 21, Big Zal is 24 and Berra 23 so it is maybe best to have Kari playing in front of them for the time being.

portobellojambo1
Are people daft or just have selected memory loss? Gary Glen had been injured in pre-season and is gettin back to full fitness. For ****s sake!!

Gary Glen has been fit to play for weeks now, this is the 2nd match this season he has been pulled out of late on, the first being Ibrox.

The answer to the original q is simple.

Csaba gave it large that he uses mainly 442 and likes to attack when he first arrived. Vlad likes a 451 and hit on the break tactics.

Guess who won?

The answer to the original q is simple.

Csaba gave it large that he uses mainly 442 and likes to attack when he first arrived. Vlad likes a 451 and hit on the break tactics.

Guess who won?

We play posession football not counter-attacking.

We play posession football not counter-attacking.

However you want to lable it, it's definitely not the way Csaba wanted to play it when he arrived.

However you want to lable it, it's definitely not the way Csaba wanted to play it when he arrived.

Based on what? Csaba has defended his team selections & chosen formation at length at recent supporters functions.

But it is different to how we have played under other managers. So where does Vlad fit in apart from the occasional interference on selection choices?

Jeezo, the wool pulling by Vlad is in major effect.

Yes, we've been more organised.

Yes, we've picked up a few more points.

Yes, the squad seem happier.

However, if you can't see that Vlad has more than had his say on how we've played i.e. still 451 despite the abject failure of that set up for the last two years then I'm afraid that you are never going to see it.

Csaba's first statement to the press was that he likes entertaining football based on a 442 set up. Nade is fit enough now so why has he not started any games with his preferred set up???

Think long and hard now before you answer...

Jeezo, the wool pulling by Vlad is in major effect.

Yes, we've been more organised.

Yes, we've picked up a few more points.

Yes, the squad seem happier.

However, if you can't see that Vlad has more than had his say on how we've played i.e. still 451 despite the abject failure of that set up for the last two years then I'm afraid that you are never going to see it.

Csaba's first statement to the press was that he likes entertaining football based on a 442 set up. Nade is fit enough now so why has he not started any games with his preferred set up???

Think long and hard now before you answer...

Nade hasn't lasted longer than 45 minutes in any game so far this season.

Csaba has described this formation he is using as 4-4-2 in at least 2 supporters meetings in the last month - even using several wine glasses on a dinner table to emphasise & explain his points.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Nade hasn't lasted longer than 45 minutes in any game so far this season.

Csaba has described this formation he is using as 4-4-2 in at least 2 supporters meetings in the last month - even using several wine glasses on a dinner table to emphasise & explain his points.

We would as well be playing with 2 wine glasses and a table mat up front

Archived