Liverpool V Man United

deejpee

Anyone else getting quite excited at the prospect of this game?! I think for some reason theres going to be a few goals today! Eventhough Liverpool haven't scored against United in the league for 5 years (United winning 2-1 in 2003). Funny how all of a sudden Stevie G and Torres are fit. Ferguson also saying lastnight that Ronaldo will be in a squad. Maybe mind games?

Liverpool v Man United is surely the best game in british football. United being unbeated at Anfield in 7 years is some record and i can't see it being beaten today. 3-1 United with Berbatov scoring on his debut.

The Real Maroonblood
Anyone else getting quite excited at the prospect of this game?! I think for some reason theres going to be a few goals today! Eventhough Liverpool haven't scored against United in the league for 5 years (United winning 2-1 in 2003). Funny how all of a sudden Stevie G and Torres are fit. Ferguson also saying lastnight that Ronaldo will be in a squad. Maybe mind games?

Liverpool v Man United is surely the best game in british football. United being unbeated at Anfield in 7 years is some record and i can't see it being beaten today. 3-1 United with Berbatov scoring on his debut.

Wrong. It is Hearts v Hibs.

I don't support either team but would prefer Liverpool to win simply because Man Utd dominance is boring however I don't really care if either team wins it - hopefully it's a good game.

The Real Maroonblood
I don't support either team but would prefer Liverpool to win simply because Man Utd dominance is boring however I don't really care if either team wins it - hopefully it's a good game.

Fair comment.

Wrong. It is Hearts v Hibs.

My mistake :o.. Was a typo, i meant to say biggest. With the fact there will probably be thousands of football fans up and down the UK making sure they take in this game with a few pints.

Anyone hear Benitez having a go at Fergie about spending ?30m on Berbatov and also the money spent on Hargreaves, Anderson etc.

Eh Rafa if you look at since you came in you have spent more than Fergie in the same time. And you should not be able to moan at anyone after spending ?7mish on Jermaine Pennant.

Everybody loves Baz

Just to annoy a certain couple of Kickbackers i know,

C'MON UNITED !

Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Alonso, Mascherano, Riera, Benayoun, Keane, Kuyt.

United: VDS, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov.

I know who my money's going on.

Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Alonso, Mascherano, Riera, Benayoun, Keane, Kuyt.

United: VDS, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov.

I know who my money's going on.

Like one of my mates was saying last night. Without Torres and Keane Liverpool are a middle ranking/Uefa Cup premiership team.

Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov.:cool:

Just to annoy a certain couple of Kickbackers i know,

C'MON UNITED !

Even though your avatar once called DI Tyler a Man Utd supporting p........ ;)

Liverpool did beat them at Anfield two years ago en route to winning the FA Cup

Poor middle ranking team eh !!

Signs of recovery down Anfield way -- well deserved victory today -- only 1 team in it and trying to win.

Oh that has made my day! Nice one Ryan (Giggs for the balls up and Babel for the winner).

rudi must stay
It was more Man Utd showing how weak they are without Ronaldo than Liverpool being any good today.

yeah right. They went 1-0 up after a few minutes, it was all about Liverpool coming back from that imo

yeah right. They went 1-0 up after a few minutes, it was all about Liverpool coming back from that imo

They went 1 up because Liverpool were sleeping. Man Utd were all over the place for both goals.

All credit to Liverpool for a good comeback, but you surely can't be suggesting that they really earned both goals. Man Utd put them on a plate.

Guest S.U.S.S.
It was more Man Utd showing how weak they are without Ronaldo than Liverpool being any good today.

Then Sir Alex should be sacked, if he has spent x millions and they are a one man team he should be booted.

What a silly thing to say, have you seen the players there?

Liverpool wanted to win more, so they won. Very simple.

rudi must stay
They went 1 up because Liverpool were sleeping. Man Utd were all over the place for both goals.

All credit to Liverpool for a good comeback, but you surely can't be suggesting that they really earned both goals. Man Utd put them on a plate.

yup they got lucky with the goals. But they earned that luck with a good performance, you can't fluke a result against a team like Man Utd imo

Guest S.U.S.S.
yup they got lucky with the goals. But they earned that luck with a good performance, you can't fluke a result against a team like Man Utd imo

They earned both of them, both times rather than back off they chased the ball and forced errors.

Then Sir Alex should be sacked, if he has spent x millions and they are a one man team he should be booted.

What a silly thing to say, have you seen the players there?

Liverpool wanted to win more, so they won. Very simple.

Liverpool without Torres and Gerrard (for 75 minutes) are a very average side. The fact that man Utd couldn't beat them says more about Man Utd than anyone.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Liverpool without Torres and Gerrard (for 75 minutes) are a very average side. The fact that man Utd couldn't beat them says more about Man Utd than anyone.

An average side that didnt give Man U a sniff of the ball.

The Old Tolbooth

Bollox, it was a fairly even until half time, and then Liverpool dominated and fully deserved their win, it could easily have been 4 or 5!

At least something goods happened football wise today :D

How the hell did Vidic stay on when he got his first booking??? The 2 fouls he commited were worthy of straight reds.

Get in !!! Fully deserved victory !!

Man utd had the first 10 mins then the mighty pool ruled the rest of the game.

Altogether now.... "Who the f--- are Man United? etc"

Anyone hear Benitez having a go at Fergie about spending ?30m on Berbatov and also the money spent on Hargreaves, Anderson etc.

Eh Rafa if you look at since you came in you have spent more than Fergie in the same time. And you should not be able to moan at anyone after spending ?7mish on Jermaine Pennant.

think you will find his net spend is no where even near to fergie

Like one of my mates was saying last night. Without Torres and Keane Liverpool are a middle ranking/Uefa Cup premiership team.

Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov.:cool:

your mate sure knows his stuff eh

"Scientists at the LHC today announced the appearance of a new particle, known as the Berbatron, it apparently acts with great energy upon it's initial appearance, but disappears without trace after approximately 3 minutes.

In an exciting week for particle physics, experts are already comparing the discovery with the re-discovery of the "Roonatron" on Wednesday night in Zagreb. This particle was initially discovered many years ago, but after early promising results scientists lost the elusive particle for a number of years. The shock of its re-emergence on Wednesday was matched only by the shock this Saturday afternoon when the particle vanished again. Scientist Fok Man Yoo from the Chinese Reactor for Advanced Particle Physics (CRAPP) explains, "It seems that the one surviving example of this amazingly inconsistent particle has been swept into a black hole known as 'Carrasbakpoket' where it is interacting with another particle that we are calling the Tevezetic Quasimodotron. Together the particles expend huge amounts of energy but produce curiously little effect."

The experiment continues. In other news police on Merseyside are investigating a massive burglary at a whiskey refinery near the Anfield area, which occurred at around 3pm today."

The Old Tolbooth
"Scientists at the LHC today announced the appearance of a new particle, known as the Berbatron, it apparently acts with great energy upon it's initial appearance, but disappears without trace after approximately 3 minutes.

In an exciting week for particle physics, experts are already comparing the discovery with the re-discovery of the "Roonatron" on Wednesday night in Zagreb. This particle was initially discovered many years ago, but after early promising results scientists lost the elusive particle for a number of years. The shock of its re-emergence on Wednesday was matched only by the shock this Saturday afternoon when the particle vanished again. Scientist Fok Man Yoo from the Chinese Reactor for Advanced Particle Physics (CRAPP) explains, "It seems that the one surviving example of this amazingly inconsistent particle has been swept into a black hole known as 'Carrasbakpoket' where it is interacting with another particle that we are calling the Tevezetic Quasimodotron. Together the particles expend huge amounts of energy but produce curiously little effect."

The experiment continues. In other news police on Merseyside are investigating a massive burglary at a whiskey refinery near the Anfield area, which occurred at around 3pm today."

:laugh:

not many man united fans on here lately with anything to say thats strange

Im a huge United fan. Just not much you can say after Liverpool outclassed and outfought us so well in that second half. Very dissapointed with Berbatovs debut but maybe i shouldnt have expected so much on a debut. Just got to get over it and look to beating Chelsea and obv Villareal on wed night. Liverpool deserved it overall but i look forward to the return at OT ;)

I mentioned in another thread I was going down to see this game.

It was fantastic. I was sat in the Centenery stand, and the atmosphere was electric (bar the 10 mins after United scored). The first touch of some of these players was unbelievable, and the speed of the game was phenomenal. Liverpool deserved the win after the 2nd half performance. The amount of off the ball (and possibly off the camera) running by players such as Kuyt and Keane was amazing.

Thouroughly enjoyed the game - and will hopefully get myself down to Anfield at least a couple more times this season.

On a side note, the amount of different accents and languages I heard in and around the stadium - I knew Liverpool had a massive world following, but it was unreal. Superb support from all corners of the World.

I mentioned in another thread I was going down to see this game.

It was fantastic. I was sat in the Centenery stand, and the atmosphere was electric (bar the 10 mins after United scored). The first touch of some of these players was unbelievable, and the speed of the game was phenomenal. Liverpool deserved the win after the 2nd half performance. The amount of off the ball (and possibly off the camera) running by players such as Kuyt and Keane was amazing.

Thouroughly enjoyed the game - and will hopefully get myself down to Anfield at least a couple more times this season.

On a side note, the amount of different accents and languages I heard in and around the stadium - I knew Liverpool had a massive world following, but it was unreal. Superb support from all corners of the World.

Were they mostly Norwegian? They have a massive following there.

Im a huge United fan. Just not much you can say after Liverpool outclassed and outfought us so well in that second half. Very dissapointed with Berbatovs debut but maybe i shouldnt have expected so much on a debut. Just got to get over it and look to beating Chelsea and obv Villareal on wed night. Liverpool deserved it overall but i look forward to the return at OT ;)

you forget to say out played is that so hard to say.you could be out of the league next week how funny would that be

you forget to say out played is that so hard to say.you could be out of the league next week how funny would that be

Out the league by the end of September? Not a chance!! Forgetting United were 14 points behind one season at christmas and still won it?

Archived