I'm going to the Hibs game today !

kingdannyb

During a drunken night out a few weeks ago me and a Hibby mate decided to raise above the petty arguments and go to each other games as football fans.

He came with me to the St Mirren game two weeks ago so now it's my turn to see the return of Deek.

Now will I be recognised and punched or will I survive .?

?details tonight . . /

During a drunken night out a few weeks ago me and a Hibby mate decided to raise above the petty arguments and go to each other games as football fans.

He came with me to the St Mirren game two weeks ago so now it's my turn to see the return of Deek.

?details tonight . . /

I think you will fit in ok. :rolleyes:

?details tonight . . /

Unless you wearing a t-shirt with Kingdanny B i think you will be ok!

I went to a Dundee Utd game a couple of years ago and managed to remain fairly inconspicuous for the first 20 minutes. It was at that point I asked my mate to check what the Hearts score was. Should maybe have been slightly less passionate and loud in my appraisal of us being 2-0 up at Parkhead.

Managed to survive it though and also had the pleasure of someone coming up to me in the pie queue and asking: "How sheite are Hibs?" With pleasure I replied: "Absolutely pish!"

?details tonight . . /

No true Hearts fan would ever give the filthy Leithers their money unless Heart of Midlothian FC was playing against them. :mad:

:hobofish:

Chad Sexington
No true Hearts fan would ever give the filthy Leithers their money unless Heart of Midlothian FC was playing against them. :mad:

Correct.

If we aint playing them, I cant be dragged to that piggery at gunpoint.

Any friend that insisted I did would be jettisoned.

:sad:

You don't have something to tell us do you ?

Are you coming out ? :eek:

Seriously, my dad used to go to Tynie one week and ER the next. He never saw a problem in supporting both clubs - although it was Hearts when they played each other. I'm told it was pretty normal to do this in the immediate post war years.

Give up drinking.I could never ever go and see that manky shower when Hearts are playing the same day.

If i did though i would never ever post it on here.:107years:

?details tonight . . /

Hang your head in shame!

Tomorrow when you wake up you will probably have a tail:eek:

Mmmm....don't think i'd be able to do that! I'd end up forgetting where i was and be screaming at a penalty decision for Dundee Utd or something! Imagine if it was 1 -1 in injury time and Utd score!? No, wouldn't risk it i'm, afraid!

Yes, my Dad, Uncles, friends and neighbours (and whoever else!) used to do that on a regular basis, they never did get home 'til the wee small hours, so pashed they crawled home! You could hear them 2 streets away! Think it was just an excuse for a right good bevvy session myself like!

Good luck.. Wouldn't be me. Only time i have sat beside that **** has been when i couldnt get a ticket in the Hearts end at ER. Wouldn't ever go and watch Hibs unless we were playing them.

:107years:

Mmmmm.....don't think i could trust myself to stay in my seat if Utd scored against them! Imagine it was 1 -1 in the last minute and Utd scored the winner!? No, wouldn't risk it! Also, my Dad, Uncles, friends, neighbours and anyone else used to go to Tynie one week and Fester the next on a regular basis, they wouldn't get home until the wee small hours totally rat-arsed, you could hear them 2 streets away, think it was just an excuse for a right good bevy session like!!

?details tonight . . /

You will get AIDS. Really bad AIDS.

FACT.

Used to do it on a regular basis when football was played on Saturdays at 3pm and fixtures were alternate Home and away me and my mates (some of whom were hibbies) would get a bus to whichever team was at home after our midday fotball game. sadly it was one of the hibbies turn to buy tickets on the 1st january 1973 which meant I was in the school end that day.

Seems to some I'm not a true Hearts fan

winston churchill

a true hearts fan would refuse to go to the sangiro....... hence not put a penny into the lochend tramps bank balance

I went along to a game as a favour to a mate a few seasons back , we sat in the east stand and i listened to the Hearts game whilst i was there. As for the game it was against Dundee and i think it was 4-1 to hibs but finished 4-4 the reaction of the nut cases at Dundees 4th goal was hilarious it was hard to hold back a smile

I did something like this when I was at School back in the '80s. It's an interesting and eye-opening experience and will leave you appreciating how lucky you are to be a Jambo.

It does however raise a the moral quandry highlighted by Therapist below....

No true Hearts fan would ever give the filthy Leithers their money unless Heart of Midlothian FC was playing against them.

So what you need to do is get your mate to cover your Hibs Tickets while you spend money on his ticket for the Hearts game. That way you're both technically avoiding paying money to the rival club.

?details tonight . . /

I think you'll fit in just fine.

Seriously, my dad used to go to Tynie one week and ER the next. He never saw a problem in supporting both clubs - although it was Hearts when they played each other. I'm told it was pretty normal to do this in the immediate post war years.

That's because people didn't have the means to follow their team around the country every week. Instead, football fans would just go to their local stadium no matter who was playing.

That is also one of the reasons that attendances were so high around the country. Once people could follow their team around the country easier, attendances started to fall in places like Edinburgh.

Your right,it was normal..but back then it was acceptable to pump your sister:eek:

Your right,it was normal..but back then it was acceptable to pump your sister:eek:

MY sister ? WTF !!!!

If only I'd known that I could have sold tickets . . .

This is absolutely deplorable, IMO.

I wouldn't mix in with the vermin, without a great reson. **** that!

Although, after desperately trying for a ticket for ER 2 years ago, and failing, i decided to buy one of a Reptile and sit in the home end. Roman Bedknob scored and i could hardly contain my emotions. I wish i could've just went mental but i'd have got done in.

I did similar once, although I went with a Dundee Utd fan to sit in the away end at Fester road. It was great, I sat and abused Mattias Jack for 90 minutes (D Utd fans absolutely hated him).

Whilst I did give Hibs my cash, I made sure that I walked in the child's gate (with full stubble)

chester copperpot

Have to agree on this one.

I'd rather set my pubes on fire than watch those mhanks.

20 years of staunch jambosity, a season ticket and a tattoo shows I am true maroon and my ticket for today is free.

I've never really hated Hibs, they have always been the wee team to me.

But I could never ever ever ever EVER go to the home end at Parkhead. . They are the true ****

I'm sorry, but there is no way I could bring myself to do that.

Why couldn't you and your friend explore your new found bond by experimenting with homosexuality, or something?

He's away to a Hibs game, does that no amount to the same thing?:rolleyes:

I have watched the vermin 3 times without the Hearts being there.

V East Fife they won 4-0 (Hearts game away to Airdrie was off) dreadful I was hoping for a cup upset

V Aberdeen lost 0-5 (Hearts had finished their fixtures in the 1st) - the sheep won the league and I must admit I was delighted for them as the old firm dominence had been broken for the first time since 1965

v Leicester - ashamed to admit I went to see what all the George Best fuss was about although I did cheer on Leicester

I could never cheer for them unless them winning would give us the title. Even then it would still be followed with ya Hibs c's.

FTH

well I am on my way home now after seeing them win and my main memory was the atmosphere in the East Terracing - it was like The Shed from days gone by!

Tynie is amazing for big games but quiet otherwise,

So as I always say - bring back the terracing !

?details tonight . . /

What point were you trying to make by going to each others games?

;)

What point were you trying to make by going to each others games?

I think it was all explained in his first post. Just a drunken agreement - as much as we all regret it in the morning, you have to go through with it!

Danny, don't worry about the stick you're getting - I know you're not a hobo. Though I've always wondered about your sexuality...... ;)

;)

I think it was all explained in his first post. Just a drunken agreement - as much as we all regret it in the morning, you have to go through with it!

Danny, don't worry about the stick you're getting - I know you're not a hobo. Though I've always wondered about your sexuality...... ;)

I got that it was a drunken agreement, but what I'm trying to understand is, why? To see if either team has a better atmosphere, better supporters, better looking birds, etc, etc.? However, it was a drunken agreement, so perhaps the actual point was lost in a fug of alcohol?!?!

shut it Angles !

We have also agreed to go to more of each others games, hopefully The Filth on November 1st

Say hello to J and the kids for me

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Used to do it on a regular basis when football was played on Saturdays at 3pm and fixtures were alternate Home and away me and my mates (some of whom were hibbies) would get a bus to whichever team was at home after our midday fotball game. sadly it was one of the hibbies turn to buy tickets on the 1st january 1973 which meant I was in the school end that day.

Seems to some I'm not a true Hearts fan

Auld fans like you and me remember (and it's been mentioned in other similar threads), the cartoon that used to be in The Pink. Two fans, one Hearts, the other Hibs, who went to that week's home game. Boab and Eck, I think. (Or am I in Oor Wullie land there?).

When I was at school, we used to meet up at someone's house and go to the New Years Day games together as well. Bob Skilling's at Piershill for Piggery games; cannae mind for Tynie.

I was in the Shed in 1973. And I didn't walk out before the end, even then. Never have, never will. Not a better fan, just a stupider one.... ;)

Archived