Pubs in Newcastle

92jambo

Heading down the Newcastle to watch the Hull game. Was wondering if anybody could recommend a pub to watch the Man Utd game before the game. Any help would be great cheers :107years:

The vaults on the big market is crap for the footy as they don't put the sound on, instead just blast out rubbish music. The strippers are mince too, just chebs and ***es at that.

The hotspur on the haymarket is good for footy, and good pre match too

Try Raffertys aka Raffles ?? opposite the station go about 150 yds up the lane [ Pink Lane ...... no kidding, on the right hand side] cheap bevvy Smiths 1.45 a pt, Guinness about 1.75 or 1.80 a pt. I`d imagine it will be busy with Geordies rooting for a victory [NOT MAN URE] + 100% certain to have the game on.

There's a decent sports bar near the station with loads of pool tables/table football/big screens etc that's pretty good.

Last time i was down i won a Newcastle strip when they were playing some diddy Intertoto game.

I gave it away to some lassie in our hotel who looked like Sideshow Bob.

I'm going today as well, missed my fecking train though (stupid ticket collection machine) so not getting up until half 1 now. Should still catch the second half of the Man U game though.

Archived