McCulloch..... nation must hate me...

AyrJambo

fair play to him for having the awareness to realise how disruptive it was. Would still like to see him categorically say it was nothing to do with the manager.

I think he's flattering himself by thinking we care...

Word. It's a bit like Zander Diamond ruling out the possibility of becoming a male model.

"It doesn't look too good. It looks as if I am trying to upset people, upset the manager the players, the nation.

I liked that bit, yes Lee, it doesn't look good and yes it does look like your trying to upset everyone - probably because you were trying to upset everyone. your a ****.

Aside from Lee and his retirement, it does make you wonder whose decision it was to hold that story and print it when they did. You'd be forgiven for thinking that the national media had withheld it so that they could print it at a time when it would cause maximum upset to players and public....surely they wouldn't do something so damaging? Would they?

:rolleyes:

Pfft.

I think he's flattering himself by thinking we care...

Never really noticed him when he played, and i can't say i'll miss him now that he's thrown his toys out of the... i mean "retired"

Exactly. who actually cares. He had one good game for scotland last season when we pumped Ukraine at Hampden. apart from that he has doen feck all. Not missed at all

Can barely even be bothered mustering an opinion on the guy or his retirement.

He's just a no-mark who is no great loss.

Bye Lee, I doubt we'll even notice your gone.

(Thanks for the goal v Ukraine though)

Better players than him have announced international retirement without feeling the need to make a song and dance about it.

This move by McCulloch is very David Brentish and is nothing more than cringe worthy!

Note to Lee: Knowbody gives a ******!

Seymour M Hersh

McCulloch..... nation must hate me...

To be honest Lee I think you've got it wrong the nation is thankful you have thrown your toys out the pram and given up on the National side. You're gash son, gash!!

What a haddy!

It's incredible that after amassing a grand total of 15 caps that this plum actually is still going on about his 'retirement', I had forgotten about him until reading the article.

GlynnSnodin4-2

Mcpulloch aside is it not a sad indictment of the modern game that a man of 30 will choose not to represent his country? Don't get me wrong it's no great loss but is very revealing about the mentality of the modern footballer....

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm distraught. I took me 47 seconds to read and get over the original retirement news. Now they bring it all back up to the surface again. How will I ever survive the fact that Lee McSomething has gone for ever. Gutted.

I agree that McCulloch will not be a great loss to the national side.

However, I can't understand how any player can turn their back on international football. If they feel they have become too old to manage the demands of country as well as club, then it may be logical (though that certainly isn't the case here).

I still can't fathom how they can do it, though. Representing your country on the international stage should be the greatest honour of anyone's career. If I had been blessed with the footballing ability to play for Scotland, I'd answer the call even if I needed to crawl there on my hands and knees.

To think we were once going to pay Motherwell ?900,000 for that excuse for a footballer! Never rated him, never wanted him in the National squad, laughed ma heid off when Rangers signed him, good riddance!

I think that he is an absolutely pish, but I could not give two hoots about him making himself unavailable for Scotland duty; his lack of ability should disqualify him anyway.

Word. It's a bit like Zander Diamond ruling out the possibility of becoming a male model.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Agree totally. My attitude towards him has not changed one iota. **** you, Lee.

I agree that McCulloch will not be a great loss to the national side.

However, I can't understand how any player can turn their back on international football. If they feel they have become too old to manage the demands of country as well as club, then it may be logical (though that certainly isn't the case here).

I still can't fathom how they can do it, though. Representing your country on the international stage should be the greatest honour of anyone's career. If I had been blessed with the footballing ability to play for Scotland, I'd answer the call even if I needed to crawl there on my hands and knees.

Totally agree, I just can't be arsed with these people who have the arrogance to announce retirement from international sport in general. Who says they are good enough to get the call in future?

It's the international team manager who decides if he's good enough to earn a place in the top side, not McCulloch or any other prima donna who thinks they're special, who the hell do they think they are?

His arrogance knows no boundaries.

'The Nation hates me'.

I wouldn't recognise him if he he bumped into me in the centre circle at Ibrox - like 99% of the Nation.

What he really meant was some non Rangers minded fans hate me, probable about 100 that are interested enough to car..........

Captain Canada

There aren't many players in the current Scotland squad that I would hate if they retired. In fact I wish more of them would, step forward Kenny Miller! Reminds me a lot of Wayne Foster but at least Foster scored a few goals! I'm not convinced being able to run about daft for 90 minutes really merits a place in an international football team. For me the answer is to play the same formation at against Iceland but have Kris Boyd as the striker and Maloney and McFadden on the wings to help him out and do all the leg work.

Heard Jim Traynor on Sportsound before the Iceland game.

Information came from within the SFA to the Record, who then verified the story. According to Traynor their story is correct and he has quit due to Burley, but the SFA have put pressure on him to change his story.

He was still sticking to the fact that another 2 or 3 Scotland players feel the same, 1 was not in the squad for Iceland (Weir, Thomson or Bazza?) but the other were.

Aside from Lee and his retirement, it does make you wonder whose decision it was to hold that story and print it when they did. You'd be forgiven for thinking that the national media had withheld it so that they could print it at a time when it would cause maximum upset to players and public....surely they wouldn't do something so damaging? Would they?

:rolleyes:

Pfft.

Oh Yes they would it was the Rancid, Keith Jackson and fat fud Traynor after all, although the fat fud is trying to back track in todays rancid.

absolutely amazing that the "scottish" media would try and undermime a scotland manager during a world cup qualifying campaign...honestly amazing!!!1

Just turned on SSN to find that McCulloch's press conference was actually a main news point! Feck me! He only ever had 15 caps. There wouldn't have been any of this discussion if he still played for Wigan.

absolutely amazing that the "scottish" media would try and undermime a scotland manager during a world cup qualifying campaign...honestly amazing!!!1

BUT SADLY VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Archived