Lithuania win again..(merged threads)

John Titor

Fozzyonthefence
I think you should go brush up on your Scots.

wtf are you talking about? That was written in English, not Scots.:banghead:

How gullible are some people on here? So you believe that everyone that says they're from Lithuania on here is from Lithuania? Some of them speak better Scots than we do ffs!

And some Germans do too, and some Canadians do too, and some Icelanders do too, etc....

I don't get your point.

Great logic - that must mean he's Lithuanian then? Although, on the flip side, using your logic, as I 've been a member of this board for a year less that must mean I'm not Lithuanian - maybe some some logic in your argument after all.

Thank's for taking the time to check up on me. I can assure you I'm not Lithuanian.

Personally, I've never doubted that Kislas is Lithuanian and have been impressed with the way he has picked up colloquialisms and jargon from reading JKB. Maybe one of our mods can confirm, for the benefit of the doubter(s), where he is posting from.

sergent garcia

great atmospeher in new stadium and not bad goals little bit afraid of how we played end of match kinda reminded me of old nt when after scoring we just defend and even dont try to hold the ball

anyway im so happy but in our "bascetball-religion" country nobody understands how you can feel not so well at work in teh morning after :)

and security at game was totally stupid trying to let 2000 people in last minutes through one gate almost crushed my bones...

Seymour M Hersh
How gullible are some people on here? So you believe that everyone that says they're from Lithuania on here is from Lithuania? Some of them speak better Scots than we do ffs!

Hate to break it to you but you are writing in English not Scots.

Hopefully the likes of Miko and Chesney can come back full of confidence in their own game - and star for us in the coming games. Zaliukas has also had a good start to the season for us.

Miko other than the red card has certainly looked on the button so far this season.

sergent garcia
How would you rate the performances of the hearts players over the 2 games?

against romania it on our football site it was:

miko 8 - great in attack, great in defence generally great:)

chesney - 7 less active when miko, had a chance to score..

shammy - 6 not very active , but participated in atack when the first goal was scored, was first to be substituted...

against Austria its generally the same just switch chesney and miko and add little bit to shammy

We_are_the_Hearts

shammy - 6 not very active , but participated in atack when the first goal was scored, was first to be substituted...

against Austria its generally the same just switch chesney and miko and add little bit to shammy

Good to hear. Sounds like they will be pushing Kingston, Obua and Driver hard for the 3 supporting roles. Aguair can push Stewart and the new Polish guy can push Kari. Squad starting to take shape.

Scott_HMFC1874

haha never heard him called that! either that or im really slow....:o

good on these guys though. Could be a huge season for them, not only for us, but for Lithuania it seems!!!:)

sergent garcia
Good to hear. Sounds like they will be pushing Kingston, Obua and Driver hard for the 3 supporting roles. Aguair can push Stewart and the new Polish guy can push Kari. Squad starting to take shape.

not sure bout shammy but wingers really looked in impressive form...

Clearly a man of vision and opinions that Vlad didn't share.

I think it is more that he was comfortable Csaba would work to his methods but he wasnt so sure about Cuceiro

So he gave Cuceiro the gig closer to home to keep a closer eye on him

I'm sure we'll still see Cuceiro at Tynecastle at some stage....

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/live_scores/default.stm?refresh

2-0 V Austria this time, two goals for Danilevicius. Not a bad result considering the Austrian's hammered France on Saturday. Could we be seeing Miko, Chesney, Big Zal and Audrey at World Cup 2010?:eek:

The World Cup players Vlad promised???

Maybe Vlad's masterplan is starting to bear some fruit. Hopefully there will be some benefit for Hearts as well.

Guest Dipped Flake

Great result for Lithuania, always want them to do well as long as there are Jambos in the team. Now if we could only get them to bring out a maroon away strip, reckon they would sell hundreds over here. How about it Kislas, have a word with the Lithuanian FA..

Another good result for Lithuania last night. Certainly seem to be on an upward turn just now both on the international and domestic stage (fair enough it was just one result over Rankgers but still).

Out of curiosity whats the new national stadium like that some of the Lithuanian posters were mentioning? Any pics?

sergent garcia
Another good result for Lithuania last night. Certainly seem to be on an upward turn just now both on the international and domestic stage (fair enough it was just one result over Rankgers but still).

Out of curiosity whats the new national stadium like that some of the Lithuanian posters were mentioning? Any pics?

our national stadium is utopia before every elections different parties decide to build it (actually they started to build it 15 years ago) and after few months it stops because no money, corruption or whatever else... it is shame that we dont have normal stadium in our capital, just before the game with austria prmier minister told about that we will have three new stadiums and hmm elections are after few months:)

and the stdium withc we played yesterday is new but it is not national stadium and it is small...

:balmoral:

Chad Sexington

I'm embarrassed for you.

:sad:

Fozzyonthefence
And some Germans do too, and some Canadians do too, and some Icelanders do too, etc....

I don't get your point.

I doubt it but some do speak better English.

Fozzyonthefence
I'm embarrassed for you.

:sad:

Why? No need to feel embarrassed for me - I'm not embarrassed.

Do you believe everything you read in the papers too? That would make a first on JKB.

Why? No need to feel embarrassed for me - I'm not embarrassed.

Do you believe everything you read in the papers too? That would make a first on JKB.

Are you Scottish?

Looking at the Lithuanian team from last night, the 6 members of the starting 11 who don't play for Hearts or Kaunas play for bigger and richer clubs than ourselves. This has perhaps been the flaw in the policy of signing Lithuanians; the best ones are too expensive for us.

There are, however, a couple of subs from smaller clubs who might sign for us. Does Kalona really play for Bohemians of Dublin? I got the teams from FIFA's website, which should be right, and the clubs from Wikipedia, which isn't always correct.

1 Zhidrunas KARCHEMARSKAS (GK) Dinamo Moscow

2 Deividas SEMBERAS CSKA Moscow

3 Ignas DEDURA FC Spartak Moscow

4 Marius STANKEVICIUS Sampdoria

5 Irmantas ZELMIKAS FBK Kaunas

9 Tomas DANILEVICIUS Livorno

13 Saulius MIKOLIUNAS Heart of Midlothian

15 Arunas KLIMAVICIUS Dinamo Moscow

16 Audrius KSANAVICIUS (-75') Heart of Midlothian

17 Linas PILIBAITIS (-72') FBK Kaunas

18 Deividas CESNAUSKIS (-66') Heart of Midlothian

Substitutes

6 Marius ZALIUKAS (+75') Heart of Midlothian

7 Andrius VELICKA Rangers

8 Edgaras CESNAUSKIS (+72') FC Moscow

10 Mindaugas KALONAS (+66') Bohemians of Dublin

11 Edgaras JANKAUSKAS Skonto Riga

12 Paulius GRYBAUSKAS (GK) Otelul Galati (Romania)

14 Tadas PAPECKYS Gornik Zabrze

Looking at the Lithuanian team from last night, the 6 members of the starting 11 who don't play for Hearts or Kaunas play for bigger and richer clubs than ourselves. This has perhaps been the flaw in the policy of signing Lithuanians; the best ones are too expensive for us.

There are, however, a couple of subs from smaller clubs who might sign for us. Does Kalona really play for Bohemians of Dublin? I got the teams from FIFA's website, which should be right, and the clubs from Wikipedia, which isn't always correct.

Substitutes

The same argument could be applied to Scottish players as the best of those are currently too expensive for us as well...... :rolleyes:

Commander Harris

well, you can't just snap your fingers and sign a player no problems, just because they happen to be Lithuanian.

Substitutes

Yip, Kalonas signed for Bohemians at the end of July after playing against them for ** Riga. Signed until the end of the season.

sergent garcia

What's this guy like, where does he play etc?

Is he a potential future Hearts player?

central defender, just our first choice two defenders were injured but actually he played quite good...

well, you can't just snap your fingers and sign a player no problems, just because they happen to be Lithuanian.

I agree that you can't but my point was that perhaps VR thought that he could.

Commander Harris

don't think he did. I think he's been fairly consistent in that regard, signing young less established lithuanian players, jankauskas aside.

I can't remember VR ever saying that, but I agree that many Hearts fans may have assumed it.

However, it's been apparent for at least a couple of years that Vlad neither has access nor can he afford the very best Lithuanian players (Jankauskas aside).

Hearts have/had the core of our NT's midfield (Cesnauskis, Mikoliunas, Ksanavicius and Pilibaitis is on the fringes now). Plus the future main CB in Zaliukas. What else do you want? The whole starting 11? :eek:

Hearts have/had the core of our NT's midfield (Cesnauskis, Mikoliunas, Ksanavicius and Pilibaitis is on the fringes now). Plus the future main CB in Zaliukas. What else do you want? The whole starting 11? :eek:

What do you know? You're just some guy called Fergie from Castlemilk.

:D

Commander Harris

too many lithuanians, not enough lithuanians. :confused:

it's hard to keep up ;)

central defender, just our first choice two defenders were injured but actually he played quite good...

Zelmikas must be some player if he is better than Zaliukas.

Zelmikas must be some player if he is better than Zaliukas.

Zelmikas is more expierenced player and has more stability. Was great against the Huns and has been on good form now. If Hearts sell any of their centre halves wouldn't be surprised to see him having a shot at Scotland.

Pilibaitis has been improving alot also. Was one of the most usefull players against Romania, not so great against Austria but still.

Was impressed by Miko over both games, he's just oozing confidence now. Fingers crossed he won't have any injuries, red cards etc.

Chesney was quieiter but not bad. Ksanavicius had better games, looks a bit nervous, but anyway improved against Austria.

Also Zaliukas came on in the second game for the last 15 minutes and did a decent job (in midfield though).

It was an interesting note that 6 Romanov owned players played in the national team. Of course it ain't a big surprise since Couceiro is also the coach of Kaunas (interestingly current U21 team coach Senderis Girsovicius is/was also a sporting director of Kaunas). But no one can complain after these results, and it's also good for the clubs that the players are doing well.

Archived