Employment legal advice

jambopompey

calling anyone who has a clue on how to sue an employment agency for wages due.

will not go into full details but the basic is.

employed by an employment agency for 6 weeks, contract signed on hourly rate and payment duration.

started midweek, so will allow an extra week for first payment.

got in touch with the agency on the third week to be told i had to invoice them for the hours worked (never done that in the last 5 years), and to be told that i would be paid fortnightly (contract states weekly paid).

got paid for 3 weeks invoice, now the remaining invoices sent out weekly have not been paid, after loads of phone calls and broken promises of payment, 4 1/2 weeks since last payment

i am looking for the correct avenue to get my money

employed by an employment agency for 6 weeks, contract signed on hourly rate and payment duration.

got in touch with the agency on the third week to be told i had to invoice them for the hours worked (never done that in the last 5 years), and to be told that i would be paid fortnightly (contract states weekly paid).

got paid for 3 weeks invoice, now the remaining invoices sent out weekly have not been paid, after loads of phone calls and broken promises of payment, 4 1/2 weeks since last payment

U wont get it buddy.I am in the same position wi a company im on the books and im getting nowt.Dont waste ure time

U wont get it buddy.I am in the same position wi a company im on the books and im getting nowt.Dont waste ure time

why not try the citizens advise bureau?

i have reported them to REC who are the employment agencies confederation, they can't say i will be paid, but the firm i worked for cheques have been cashed, sorry but over ?2k is nothing to write off

i have reported them to REC who are the employment agencies confederation, they can't say i will be paid, but the firm i worked for cheques have been cashed, sorry but over ?2k is nothing to write off

Small claims court might be one avenue to explore.

yup, it's down the legal route. Start a diary of all your correspondance with them, then see the Citizens Advice at the sherrif court on Chamber Street. It's not a quick solution, but it's a solution!

Naming and shaming them on here would be a start

Name and shame. If what you say is true nothing wrong with warning people about rip off merchants. There are shows on TV that do just that !!

As for getting the cash back good luck. Keep on harrassing them is all I can think of.

Is there not someone called "the Judge" in one of the sunday papers (mail i think) that would happily help your fight for free.

As previously said you are now looking like you will have to follow the legal route or take some sort of action yourself along the lines of going into the office sitting yourself down and refusing to leave until they sort out your pay. I would recommend speaking to ACAS they will give you good and quick advise on what you should do next and how to do it. You can call them on 08457 47 47 47. They may even mediate for you.

Miller Jambo 60

Must admit all the agencies ive worked for have paid up okay.

Even been overpaid.

The invoice carry on sounds strange.

Go to CAB at least even a call from them or a legal beak might be enough.

Are you still there.

At the worst get to ROBBOS and offer big Bernie a back hander to have a word:eek:

name of the agency: Staff For You

26 Lourne park road

Bournemouth.

hence why i have not been to their office.

i have worked for many agencies but this is the first time i have had to wait more than 4 hours to get my money sorted out, it is now 5 weeks since i had any income.

lawyers are on the case.

i have every email sent to them, plus a few phone calls this week happened to be recorded

Miller Jambo 60
name of the agency: Staff For You

26 Lourne park road

Bournemouth.

hence why i have not been to their office.

i have worked for many agencies but this is the first time i have had to wait more than 4 hours to get my money sorted out, it is now 5 weeks since i had any income.

lawyers are on the case.

i have every email sent to them, plus a few phone calls this week happened to be recorded

Sorry mate there should be more protection for workers

Sorry mate there should be more protection for workers

i am hoping that a letter from the lawyers will be enough to get them to pay up, if not court here i go. If it does it will be the first time for me, i usually plead guilty and pay the fine with no criminal record

• 1 month later...

just an quick update on this, the lawyers letter managed to get ?500 paid with the rest to follow, needless to say it never followed on, so court here i come, with all legal expenses added to the money im due

Archived