The Cav

dunciboyjambo

What is the cav and where is it?

I hear everyone talking about it..

Is it any good?

I am from Stirling so never came across it!

Is it any good?

Its a cafe in stockbridge that plays live latin music until 12:30am. There are also general knowledge quiz nights and even drunken pin the tail on the hobo (donkey) nights too!

Free shot of jaagermeister for everyone who walks in left foot first too.

Student haunt that's been around for years (my aunt and uncle met there in the 60s). Originally called the Cavendish, more recently called Lava and Ignite (shocker of a name) and may have gone back to it's original moniker.

Malcolm Tucker
Is it worth goin?

Nah not really.

Night out in Edinburgh - Liquid Room on a Wednesday:)

Christ I sound like a broken record.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Is it any good?

Get it pumped.

Student haunt that's been around for years (my aunt and uncle met there in the 60s). Originally called the Cavendish, more recently called Lava and Ignite (shocker of a name) and may have gone back to it's original moniker.

Was called Clouds when I frequented some 30 years ago

I quite like Citrus on a Saturday. I reckon my haunt when reacquainted with Auld Reekie will be the Picture Hoose on a Friday, looks like it could be a cheaper, decent alternative to Evol, depending on what clientele it picks up. I will, as always, avoid the Cav.

The Future's Maroon

Dont ever ever ever go to the Cav - unless your after a granny!

Well know in Edinburgh as the top spot to 'grab a granny'!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I quite like Citrus on a Saturday. I reckon my haunt when reacquainted with Auld Reekie will be the Picture Hoose on a Friday, looks like it could be a cheaper, decent alternative to Evol, depending on what clientele it picks up. I will, as always, avoid the Cav.

What and where is that?

Nah not really.

Night out in Edinburgh - Liquid Room on a Wednesday:)

Christ I sound like a broken record.

Used to be good. Now it is overly busy to the point you can't move. It is full of cardigan boys and plays 'underground' indy or obscure bands you'll never have heard of.

Seems to be the general pattern of things last few times I've been. Put me right off it.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
The new music/club venue on Lothian Road replacing Gig/Rev/Century 2000.

I expect it to be ****.

I hope I'm wrong.

I tend to find Mood at the omni center on a wednesday night is good (well I've always been out my face, so that's probably why I enjoyed it)

The new music/club venue on Lothian Road replacing Gig/Rev/Century 2000.

Gig was terrible.

Hope this is a bit better.

I've been to Cav twice. Both times were crap. City used to be good on a Wed.

City is full of yah's and w**kers.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I tend to find Mood at the omni center on a wednesday night is good (well I've always been out my face, so that's probably why I enjoyed it)

Mood, is in IMO, the worst place to go out for a drink in Edinburgh.

I literally can't stand the place.

Full of Neds like these:-

neds_drinkin_1_.jpg

:mad:

scottish_chicP
City is full of yah's and w**kers.

Yeah usually on a Sat but Wed used to be great. Cheap drink and loads of cheesy music. I am talking three or four years ago though.

I've been to Cav twice. Both times were crap. City used to be good on a Wed.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

stay well clear of on a satrurday... chavendish, ****ty city, scrubway, and shanglow...all p*sh!

nowhere that special but if i had to choose somewhere to advise it would probably be, the chicken dippers! lads night out anyway

I remember when it was a roller rink.

remember that too. used to go to the under 18 till half ten. never mastered turning the corners and used to crash over the barriers. :o

Was called Clouds when I frequented some 30 years ago

Was called the Cavendish when I used to go around 35+years ago. Went once or twice after it changed its name to clouds, stopped going after I bumped into my wee sister there one night :o

Remember seeing the band Salvation there, at the time fronted by Midge Ure. The were playing on stage, & right in front of them a massive gang battle, all too prevalent then in the early seventies.

Sawdust Caesar
remember that too. used to go to the under 18 till half ten. never mastered turning the corners and used to crash over the barriers. :o

An old mate of mine was the dj there and another mate, who is a total tightwad, asked him to make him up some tapes of what he played for a party he was having and to save him having to buy them. The tapes had some good music on them but every few minutes a voiceover would say "skaters change direction" much to my mates chagrin.

Archived