Giving Blood

Captain Sausage

Captain Sausage

I am away on Thursday to give blood. Mum used to be a doctor and has somehow made me go. All her friends still run the bus/whatever it is. I wanted to know if anyone has had blood taken. Whats it like?

Youll feel a wee jag whe the put the needle in, but beyond that theres basically nothing to feel.

Get a wee thing to squeeze to keep the blood circulating, and free tea and biscuits.

I should really go back. Havent done it for a while.

I am away on Thursday to give blood. Mum used to be a doctor and has somehow made me go. All her friends still run the bus/whatever it is. I wanted to know if anyone has had blood taken. Whats it like?

If you're still in Houston, it'll go something like this:

Nurse : Have you spent more than 1 year out of the last 25 in the UK?

You : Yes (presumably)

Nurse : Bog off then, we don't want your mad cow disease.

Captain Sausage

Hahaha my brother was in and out of hospitals in Houston all the time. They did not like going near him whenever blood was around.

Moved back home last summer. So gutted but on the plus side, I am only a train trip from Tynecastle, so despite a student budget, I can still get to 8-10 games a season which...no offence to Donkey...is better than Hearts world!

Used to do it regularly, but they won't take my blood now...

Usually it is fine, but the last time I had it done, the nurse made a mess of the forst two attempts to put the needle in. It ended up being really, really uncomfortable. Still, it feels great afterwards when they hand you a penguin and you get a drink of kio-ora.

Kalamazoo Jambo
Nurse : Bog off then, we don't want your mad cow disease.

Yep - annoying but true :sad:

No point even trying to give blood over here.

20 minutes could help save some ones life.

Im not allowed tea/coffee as I fainted a few times after it in my younger days so cold drink for me.

Was in Menzies in Princes street looking at the video. HIbernian the team that wouldnt not die.Or some crap like that. Next thing I was knew I was on the deck with a crowd round me :o

Always go straight home now...

It's pretty painless, relaxing, and you get a Tunnock's Tea Cake. What's not to like?

In all seriousness, in this day and age, they are so picky about who they can and can't take that everyone who can give blood, should.

I'm trying for my 25 pint badge but have got a bit stuck on 23 - I had second piercings on my ears in June, and am going to Kenya at the end of the month. They won't touch me for a year after that.

Go on, feel good about yourself, you've got it in you to save a life.

It's pretty painless, relaxing, and you get a Tunnock's Tea Cake. What's not to like?

In all seriousness, in this day and age, they are so picky about who they can and can't take that everyone who can give blood, should.

I'm trying for my 25 pint badge but have got a bit stuck on 23 - I had second piercings on my ears in June, and am going to Kenya at the end of the month. They won't touch me for a year after that.

Go on, feel good about yourself, you've got it in you to save a life.

Depends what you get up to in Kenya.....:rolleyes:

Archived