JKB Fc Match Report.....

Meadows

This was our final league game tonight at Peffermill.With the league wrapped up,it gave us the chance to try out some new formations and tactics against Aegon who needed the win to qualify for the cup stages.

It was no surprise that Aegon settled the quicker,passing the ball well and pushing forward.However meaningless game or not,we rolled up our sleeves and started to compete.With both teams playing well it was Aegon who took the lead with a penalty,awarded for a needless tug as the ball was being cleared.An indiscretion our young defender won't repeat!!

Big Bruce was unlucky not to save as he dived the correct way.

We then controlled the ball for the remainder of the first half,with Brian Latto confirming his refereeing skills (or lack of) by disallowing a perfectly good 'goal' for offside,even the opposition were ready to take centre!!!

Half time JKB 0 Aegon 1

The second half saw another tactical change with perennial youngster Flogel is God coming on to bolster the middle of the park.Again we pressed and pressed,some excellent passing and moving bringing shot after shot,sitter after sitter.On another day Savage,Andy,Jambojim,Gasbottle and Basher would all have scored.Following a quickly taken free kick we lost possession,then allowed the winger to run 70 yards before slotting home,amazingly their first shot on goal in approximately 30 minutes.

Such was our possession that if it was boxing the ref would have stopped it!

We pulled one back when savage scored with probably his hardest opportunity of the night.Pressing for the equaliser,with Beejam forging forward from defence we continued to fire in shots from all angles with no reward.

All in all, a great game! Especially for the large crowd,with the Aegon players admitting they were very lucky to hang on.

FT...JKB 1 Aegon 2

Our league campaign and unbeaten run are now over, huge congratulations to all the team.we ARE the Champions!! Well Done to each & every one,it is a big commitment to finish work early and fight the rush hour traffic to reach the games.Some of the guys leave the house at 7am and dont get back till 9pm on match days.

We will soon know our opponents in the cup, and will keep the posters who have offered support by turning up or in these threads or by PM up to date with our progress.

eddie fenwick
This was our final league game tonight at Peffermill.With the league wrapped up,it gave us the chance to try out some new formations and tactics against Aegon who needed the win to qualify for the cup stages.

It was no surprise that Aegon settled the quicker,passing the ball well and pushing forward.However meaningless game or not,we rolled up our sleeves and started to compete.With both teams playing well it was Aegon who took the lead with a penalty,awarded for a needless tug as the ball was being cleared.An indiscretion our young defender won't repeat!!

We then controlled the ball for the remainder of the first half,with Brian Latto confirming his refereeing skills (or lack of) by disallowing a perfectly good 'goal' for offside,even the opposition were ready to take centre!!!

Half time JKB 0 Aegon 1

The second half saw another tactical change with perennial youngster Flogel is God coming on to bolster the middle of the park.Again we pressed and pressed,some excellent passing and moving bringing shot after shot,sitter after sitter.On another day Savage,Andy,Jambojim,Gasbottle and Basher would all have scored.Following a quickly taken free kick we lost possession,then allowed the winger to run 70 yards before slotting home,amazingly their first shot on goal in approximately 30 minutes.

We pulled one back when savage scored with probably his hardest opportunity of the night.Pressing for the equaliser,with Beejam forging forward from defence we continued to fire in shots from all angles with no reward.

All in all, a great game! Especially for the large crowd,with the Aegon players admitting they were very lucky to hang on.

FT...JKB 1 Aegon 2

Our league campaign and unbeaten run are now over, huge congratulations to all the team.we ARE the Champions!! Well Done to each & every one,it is a big commitment to finish work early and fight the rush hour traffic to reach the games.Some of the guys leave the house at 7am and dont get back till 9pm on match days.

We will soon know our opponents in the cup, and will keep the posters who have offered support by turning up or in these threads or by PM up to date with our progress.

well done lads and calum,couldnt make it along but congrats on the league

portobellojambo1

Half time JKB 0 Aegon 1

FT...JKB 1 Aegon 2

And there was me going round their team in the office today saying to them "see you are playing JKB tonight, they will feckin murder you".

Ah well, i am sure I will cope with the backlash tomorrow.

Congratulations to all, by the way, success is judged over the full course of the season.

And there was me going round their team in the office today saying to them "see you are playing JKB tonight, they will feckin murder you".

Ah well, i am sure I will cope with the backlash tomorrow.

Congratulations to all, by the way, success is judged over the full course of the season.

To be fair PJ...they are a decent team,it was a good game and they'll see a difference if we meet them in the cup.;)

basher the jambo

Sorry Boss i should have scored a hatrick in the first half i had a knightmare. I need to get my finger out and start playing.

Sorry Boss i should have scored a hatrick in the first half i had a knightmare. I need to get my finger out and start playing.

Disgraceful. Why are you all not still out on the training pitch?...

:P

think the fact that it was a no meaning game to us really took that edge out of the game that we usually show. really played more in exhibition stuff where we all tried to do too much with the ball rather than the passing and moving that we usually do. I would suggest we get a bounce game one night or a fun training session in preparation for the quarters just to get us back to shape. your thoughts?

Basher dont be too hard on yourself, you did get one (pity about the ref) and midfielders should make chances for the forwards.Your contribution over the season has been immense.

Flogel...Once we have the date for our next game,we'll see what we can arrange prior to match.

PTB...Pressure is playing snooker for ?50 when you only have a tenner in your pocket;)

perhaps even a wee kickabout against a kickback select :) (as in non current players for the team)would be fun but we can decide when the time draws nearer! :)

Basher dont be too hard on yourself, you did get one (pity about the ref) and midfielders should make chances for the forwards.Your contribution over the season has been immense.

QUOTE]

dont think basher runs enough........:D

Half time JKB 0 Aegon 1

FT...JKB 1 Aegon 2

as we predicted in the Shed last night!!!

agree with meadows match report, the keeper of aegon had a charmed life and even saved shots he did not see or turned away from. no excuses though we need to start taking the chances we create because if it had finished 8-2 to us tonight there could be no complaints. i think aegon are the best side we have come up against and they had some good players but on chances created it was a hameering. it's goals that count though so look forward to meeting them in the latter stages

same old latto, loves giving pens, love being at the centre of attention and loves helping out the underdog.

well done guys, good luck with the double

Well Done Tys...even spelt GTF correctly,you have came on leaps and bounds!!:buttkick:

My spelling has never been my problem...................

My spelling has never been my problem...................

you tell him mate,youve got alot bigger problems than your spelling;)

It was getting comical toward the end of the game the amount of chances we ahd and the fact that the keeper was saving everyting with his erse. as savage said we need to take our chances but bring on the quarters!!!

Guest Anderson1990

sorry lads about the penalty - should never have done it.

Good performanace from us though just couldnt score. i dont know how many chances we missed but must be nearly 15!!

sorry lads about the penalty - should never have done it.

Good performanace from us though just couldnt score. i dont know how many chances we missed but must be nearly 15!!

On another night I would have scored a hat-trick, but just wasn't to be.

Positives are at least we created tons of chances against a team that were well organised and also played their football the same way as we do.

On another night I would have scored a hat-trick, but just wasn't to be.

Positives are at least we created tons of chances against a team that were well organised and also played their football the same way as we do.

It was one 'of those nights' gasbottle,you mentioned a couple of positives.I think the main positive is that we take it out on the next team we play...

No Mercy, Semi's here we come!!!

portobellojambo1
agree with meadows match report, the keeper of aegon had a charmed life and even saved shots he did not see or turned away from. no excuses though we need to start taking the chances we create because if it had finished 8-2 to us tonight there could be no complaints. i think aegon are the best side we have come up against and they had some good players but on chances created it was a hameering. it's goals that count though so look forward to meeting them in the latter stages

Not sure who was all playing for AEGON last night savage (I was ribbing those who sit near to me the other afternoon prior to the match) but I certainly know that in the recent past their team consisted of a number of players playing regularly at Junior level and East of Scotland Senior level and contained at least one, possibly two ex professionals.

Not sure who was all playing for AEGON last night savage (I was ribbing those who sit near to me the other afternoon prior to the match) but I certainly know that in the recent past their team consisted of a number of players playing regularly at Junior level and East of Scotland Senior level and contained at least one, possibly two ex professionals.

there was possibly one guy who played in the middle who could play at that level. the rest of them were half decent players but not up to that standard.

there was possibly one guy who played in the middle who could play at that level. the rest of them were half decent players but not up to that standard.

yes agree he was a tidy player, the wee guy that scored the two goals also has enough ability to play that level

yes agree he was a tidy player, the wee guy that scored the two goals also has enough ability to play that level

Nah the wee chubby one who scored the pen was pi5h. their number 3 who got the 2nd is probably the guy you mean. he was pretty decent

basher the jambo

I didnt think number 15 was that great. He was always turning his body before passing the ball forward trying to look like a player. I think he would get found out playing junior/senior.

hey guys bruce here, i think we made them look good, we didnt really turn up first half but thing is we all know what were capable of on a football pitch but as callum said sometimes you play games that everything you hit goes wide or even in, i know as a goalie that sometimes you save everything sometimes you dont thats football, lets remember this match before the next game and tell ourselves that if we start like how we did on tuesday night then we may not have anymore games!! were in the business end of this tournament now! c'mon kickback!

As an aside, anyone watching the Scotland game last night...When McFadden & Robson attacked the rebound from the penalty,and slotted it home. Brian Latto would have disallowed that goal as in his opinion both players would have been offside...

...Make you feel better Basher??:)

As an aside, anyone watching the Scotland game last night...When McFadden & Robson attacked the rebound from the penalty,and slotted it home. Brian Latto would have disallowed that goal as in his opinion both players would have been offside...

...Make you feel better Basher??:)

The only problem with that is the fact Brian would never have given the penalty.

As Iceland were one-nil down he would have gave them a hand to get the scores back even.

This is the guy who thinks his perfect day is a 4-4 draw, plenty of goals but no losers.

Plus the fact he would still be in the centre circle being overly friendly with certain players to notice the action.

The only problem with that is the fact Brian would never have given the penalty.

As Iceland were one-nil down he would have gave them a hand to get the scores back even.

This is the guy who thinks his perfect day is a 4-4 draw, plenty of goals but no losers.

Plus the fact he would still be in the centre circle being overly friendly with certain players to notice the action.

You must know him well....;)

Sooner we get a new manager the better, we have no chance at easter Road if things keep going downhill, his tactics are gash and I suspect he has never kicked a ball at a reasonable level.

well done lads, lets hope all the good work will lead to victory in the next charity game and bring the cup back home.....................:)

basher the jambo
Sooner we get a new manager the better, we have no chance at easter Road if things keep going downhill, his tactics are gash and I suspect he has never kicked a ball at a reasonable level.

Your right because the games back at Tynie this year.

I take it you will be taking part of the trials during the snowy/rainy Sunday nights up at Riccarton or you throwing your name in the hat to take over him?

As Bash has said, its easy to say these things. If you can show the commitment that the team, including the gaffer, has had over the past year, then your comment would actually mean something.

Going into this game, we were unbeaten and scored no less than 5 or 4 goals per game. We had already won the league so it was just to try out new formations etc... Think Meadows is allowed to tinker about with the team after winning the league!

Game is defo at Tynecastle...Sunday March 29 2009 @ 14.00pm

Do players whos birthday the game falls on automatically get a game?? ;)

Archived