Idiots on holiday

RoaldJensen

Malcolm Tucker
When you get past 14 years of age, the only 2 reasons you should have a football top are:

1. To play fives.

2. So your burd can sleep in it. (And look feckin' awesome whilst doing so)

IMO.

Managed to get my ex-bird (massive Hibee) to wear my Hearts top. Was a proud moment.

I wore my Hearts top when lounging about on my holiday in Greece this year. Don't see anything wrong with it during the day, it's just something to wear to avoid getting burnt, but you can also carry a bitta pride when you do it.

Don't see too much of a problem.

Seymour M Hersh
I have no conception of what kind of idiot would want to watch tennis....I was working class and it wasnt on our school curriculim

A class warrior retiring to a villa in the Med! Carlsberg don't do irony but............

Managed to get my ex-bird (massive Hibee) to wear my Hearts top. Was a proud moment.

I wore my Hearts top when lounging about on my holiday in Greece this year. Don't see anything wrong with it during the day, it's just something to wear to avoid getting burnt, but you can also carry a bitta pride when you do it.

Don't see too much of a problem.

Well if you like fat birds. Did it fit ?

Grown men and football tops ........ nah.........makes me cringe.

I love it when Roald comes on here after a joust with the cooking sherry. :biggrin:

_42899121_fastshowrowleybirkin270.jpg

Roaldy Birkin QC

Wearing a football strip on hoiday is great. Strips are designed to put up with heat and if you spot a potential holiday mate at your hotel bar wearing said 'random strip'. You know you can go up to him and ask him football related question. Ice broken, friendships made or incase of OF or hibbys enemy's!

EXAMPLE OF WHY WEARING STRIPS ON HOLIDAY IS GOOD:

Your on holiday and you spot another Jambo and Hearts have played that day but you were'nt allowed to relax at the bar with a cool pint with soccer saturday. No my friend you went on some silly trip to visit some silly rock in the silly heat all day because the missus told you so. Soccer Saturdays over, the internet cafes shut and you don't know if we've qualified for Europe or not. Wait a minute what's this a Hearts strip walking down the road ah ha I can ask this man! Nope its not a hearts fan it's a Burnley fan and he's not got a scooby about Hearts....here we go here comes a guy in a hibs top. 'aright mate what was the Scottish Scores?' 'Hibs lost and those jambo bstartds bloody made it to europe scoring in the last min. there stadium will be flats anyway (insert more hobo nonsense)'. Hobo walks on you keep straight face..well for at least a second then get mad wi it on your holiday! tada!

200milesfromgorgie

I don't think grown men should wear football tops out in public but thats just my opinion. Having just got back from a glorious honeymoon in California i ony saw a handfull of shirts worn. couple man u, chelsea and of course liverpool. However i did see some Jakey in san francisco wearing that awful black and gold celtic top. needless to say he was trying to get tabs off shoppers in union square. i laughed.

camsanozziejambo2
I wear mine when on holiday. Bottom line is, I paid for it, therefore I can wear it when the hell I want to!

I sleep in a HEARTS top, is that ok ???

Jambo_in_Madrid

Let's turn this around a bit. I've been living in Spain for about 7 years now, and it always thrills me to see somebody in a Hearts top. It gives me a chance to have a quick blether and to catch up on events back home.

Unfortunately I probably don't wear any of my own Hearts tops often enough over here, but when I do it's worn with tremendous pride. Incidentally, my 3 year old twin boys (both speaking more Spanish than English) absolutely adore their Hearts tops, although their Mum is trying to brain wash them with all that Real Madrid crap !! :rolleyes:

who goes on holiday wearing a football jersey?

I live in a so called holiday country and it just makes the local bar owners charge more.

Do actual footballers wear their team jerseys when they are on holiday....and does it impress anyone anyway.

I just wondered

:rolleyes:

Attention seeker alert!!!

We go on holiday to show people there is more than that if they delve.....thats my philisophy anyway

Really?

I go on holiday... to go on holiday. Funny that.

I hope your quest is fulfilled though sir, so that I may too walk on the hallowed turf of new-found lands with a head held high, safe in the knowledge that I will not be judged on appearance or stereotype alone, but on the merits of my own

endeavours.

Nice one.

camsanozziejambo2

G,Day Mate

I go to Melbourne Victory games over here in oz and when I see a Jambo at the game,

Normally its a backpacker, so first thing he/she gets is a pot & a pie a blether and

well thats it for the night

HOO ROO

Replica football tops should be worn to football matches when supporting your team or to play 5-a-sides. Nothing more.

Agreed. I get annoyed when I see people wearing football tops on holiday. But it's usually because it's an English team or the OF, and maybe that's the reason I get annoyed, not just because it's a football top.

But I've never been so embarrased to say I was Scottish than when I was speaking to a German girl in Faliraki when I was 18. About 20 boys in Celtic tops stormed past the boozer, kicking over bins and generally acting like f@nnys. She asked where they were from, I said Scotland. She asked where I was from, I said Scotland. She then left.

Nelly Terraces

The wearing of replica football tops by the general public should be banned. Unsightly, garish, and completely styleless. There should be laws. These tawdry wastes of cash give a bloody headache everytime I see one.

Who in their right mind pays upwards of 45 quid to wear a cheap, tatty piece of nylon made in Indonesia for 50p, while walking round like an advert for a F ***** G bank/building society/beer/airline etc etc? I'll tell you - nobdody.

Anyone who buys and wears these shoddy, horrifically overpriced items is a complete dick. And looks like one as well.

And if you don't agree with that - just f ** k off.

Cheers.

Tucker.

I sleep in a HEARTS top, is that ok ???

Sleep in whatever floats your boat! I sleep in a bed myself, far more comfortable! :)

My son always take his various collection of Hearts tops on holiday with him (OK, he's 13!) and he's had a fantastic reception wherever we've gone. We've had some really interesting conversations with complete strangers purely after they've spotted his Hearts tops - and he'll be wearing them with pride again when we go back to Turkey in October.

Hubby has even bought some Hearts T-shirts and polo shirts for his hols too!

Anyway, isn't it good to spread the word that there are actually more football teams in Scotland than just the dreaded gruesome twosome?

i wore my Hearts top on my honey moon in Pathos in Cyprus when we went out at night for a meal and drink, had lots of good banter with some Brits and even had some local lads giving it loud y with me sining the Hearts song:toasting::booze:, much to the dismay of my wife.:rolleyes:

Guest Dipped Flake
The wearing of replica football tops by the general public should be banned. Unsightly, garish, and completely styleless. There should be laws. These tawdry wastes of cash give a bloody headache everytime I see one.

Who in their right mind pays upwards of 45 quid to wear a cheap, tatty piece of nylon made in Indonesia for 50p, while walking round like an advert for a F ***** G bank/building society/beer/airline etc etc? I'll tell you - nobdody.

Anyone who buys and wears these shoddy, horrifically overpriced items is a complete dick. And looks like one as well.

And if you don't agree with that - just f ** k off.

Cheers.

Tucker.

What an arse you are (assuming this was serious and the sarcasm didn't escape me).

I wear my Hearts top on holiday if Hearts are playing that day. Met a few Jambos by doing this and had a good crack. I wear it to the games too, though sometimes just a Hearts casual top rather than the strip. A few years ago I stopped wearing it as everyone was saying that adults shouldn't wear strips then I thought, XXXX them, I will wear it when I want.

I've stopped buying football tops now but I still wear my old ones, mostly to play but also to relax.

I'll have my Scotland top on in front of the telly tonight. C'mon the Burley boys!

The day after I got married in Las Vegas we went to the Grand Canyon. When the helicopter came to pick us up they dropped off another batch of visitors and one had a Hearts top on. I had to walk forward and shake the guy's hand. It was two days after Schalke, so we briefly discussed the game and Robbo's appointment on the Tuesday.

I thought it was amazing that thousands of miles from home in an isolated place where there were thirty people at most I bumped into a fellow Jambo and I'd never have known if it wasn't for his top.

God bless football strip wearers, best ice-breaker there is.

When I was on honeymoon I wore a hearts top every day and saw loads of blokes in Jambo tops, I suppose that was cause it was the highland tour of 84'

Anyway I have several retro tops that I only wear to games but I do like to be wearing a hearts tshirt abroad especialy proclaiming a scottish cup win, dont see many Hibs one like that though:107years:.

Malcolm Tucker
Well if you like fat birds. Did it fit ?

Grown men and football tops ........ nah.........makes me cringe.

Aah I knew it was too late to edit the 'massive' bit. :(

I'm 18, am I still allowed to wear one?

Kids, just do what you feel like. When I was a youngster I thought adults wearing football strips was sad. Now that I'm an adult, I know it's sad but I still wear my ?40 rip off to matches - the crowd looks better when it's all maroon. Love or loathe the Geordies, the sight of 50,000 of them looking like a f----d up bar code is quite impressive.

As a rule of thumb: it's acceptable at games and when participating in sport and it's acceptable when you're not obese. I don't see the problem with swanning about on a beach in one, but you would look like a ned if you were strolling round Manhattan (truly OF fan behaviour). Each to their own.

Anyway, football strips don't look good on everyone:

untitled1-4btf59ahl.jpeg

Oh and don't take fashion advice from a perma-tanned retired copper.

Aah I knew it was too late to edit the 'massive' bit. :(

I'm 18, am I still allowed to wear one?

No.

Time to grow up.

Shirt and tie everyday.

You're an adult now.

Life is over.

Malcolm Tucker
No.

Time to grow up.

Shirt and tie everyday.

You're an adult now.

Life is over.

Ah shucks. I thought this day would never come. :(

Son Of Anarchy

I have to admit to being one of those who wears his Hearts top when abroad.Or indeed a Hearts T shirt/polo shirt etc,in fact anything maroon and white. Plus i always will. Had mostly fantastic experiences when abroad wearing the colours, meeting fellow jambos in barca and going on a session,getting guided tours free on greek isles with olympiakos/ other team i forget fans. Slap up meal in San Fransisco with MD of huge company.The list is endless. Its great to meet non o.f. fans while on holiday,i keep in touch with a few still. Had a great fight on Crete with a hobo too one night. Doesnt bother me one jot what other people think about it. Met a crackin lassie on rhodes once cos of my Hearts tatoos,she was born in slateford and moved there when she was 6. All in all,when abroad,wear the colours,when at home,wear the colours, AND ALWAYS WITH PRIDE!

When i was in cyprus what i found most embarassing was the garb adopted by ex pats which was a sort of hybrid M@S affair during the day and the most alarming pringle"sweaters" of an evening.

There are a lot of ex forces/ex polis types who are a bunch of paraffins over there,still they might be getting their land repossessed soon and given back to the original owners.

I have never mey the OP but he always conjures up an image with me of the scottish swinger in the tv series Benidorm

When i was in cyprus what i found most embarassing was the garb adopted by ex pats which was a sort of hybrid M@S affair during the day and the most alarming pringle"sweaters" of an evening.

There are a lot of ex forces/ex polis types who are a bunch of paraffins over there,still they might be getting their land repossessed soon and given back to the original owners.

I have never mey the OP but he always conjures up an image with me of the scottish swinger in the tv series Benidorm

:)

Not keen on adults wearing football tops home or abroad on a casual basis.It just seems to me that their identity is too wrapped up in a football club.Celtic fans seem to me the biggest culprits.Hibs I suspect to a slight extent in Edinburgh because they are the wee team.

Children and young people I understand but the issue is often forced by their parents.

Sorry mate, I don't go on holiday, too many schemies with football tops on drinking sunny D for my liking.

I stay at home and watch endless re-runs of trinny and suzannah (not sure which ones which but the skinny one is tidy) so I can stay on top of what's happening fashion wise so I can preach to folk on the internet.

Remember kids, fashion is temporary, style is permanent.

trust you've only gone on cheap package holidays then. i would have thought a man of you style would prefer st tropez , milan or something along that line.

J.T.F.Robertson

I have the new home, plus last year's away shirts and wear them semi-regularly to the pub.

I will also, on occasion, don my Steelers', "Polamalu" training shirt or, the pi?ce de r?sistance, my official, "Roethlisberger" away one.

I now realise I'm a right sad arse. :ninja:

Archived