Idiots on holiday

RoaldJensen

who goes on holiday wearing a football jersey?

I live in a so called holiday country and it just makes the local bar owners charge more.

Do actual footballers wear their team jerseys when they are on holiday....and does it impress anyone anyway.

I just wondered

I live in a so called holiday country and it just makes the local bar owners charge more.

Do actual footballers wear their team jerseys when they are on holiday....and does it impress anyone anyway.

I just wondered

What????

Why the hell does it matter if you wear your football top on holiday.

I've had many a good banter wearing my hearts top on holiday. Even got this big bunch of Dutch guys singing "Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts" through our resort at 4am!!!

I have no conception of what kind of idiot would want to watch tennis....I was working class and it wasnt on our school curriculim

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw a tim in a sellick tap with McGeady on the back, bleached blonde hair and a pair of silver shiny tracky bottoms walking through 5th avenue in New York. :sad:

Or what sort of an idiot wears a Celtic strip to the tennis to watch a so called Hibs fan:eek::eek:

I can solve this riddle, an Irish wannae self proclaiming best kind of tennis supporter in the world. :cool:

I can solve this riddle, an Irish wannae self proclaiming best kind of tennis supporter in the world. :cool:

Ah right, cheers for that;)

I have no conception of what kind of idiot would want to watch tennis....I was working class and it wasnt on our school curriculim

Want a chocolate watch and a blue peter badge like? ;)

wearing a team top is just a weegie or newcastle united thing. We go on holiday to show people there is more than that if they delve.....thats my philisophy anyway

john brownlee

I just wondered

Maybe you should be asking who goes on holiday with a chip on his shoulder

I dont wear a strip but I do wear a Hearts Tee shirt very nice it is too

Shopkeepers will look at anything to rip of tourists I know of a bar owner in a spanish resort that phones up hotels in the UK depending on which trades week it is to find out their prices puts his just below and the visitors think its a cheap booze Its also common practice in sunny beach.

Anyway we should be used to it by now in rip of edinburgh

Maybe you should be asking who goes on holiday with a chip on his shoulder

I dont wear a strip but I do wear a Hearts Tee shirt very nice it is too

Shopkeepers will look at anything to rip of tourists I know of a bar owner in a spanish resort that phones up hotels in the UK depending on which trades week it is to find out their prices puts his just below and the visitors think its a cheap booze Its also common practice in sunny beach.

Anyway we should be used to it by now in rip of edinburgh

Nothing better than seing any non-OF scottish strip abroad! Infact I'd be inclined to buy them a pint. :eek:

Rudolf's Mate
wearing a team top is just a weegie or newcastle united thing. We go on holiday to show people there is more than that if they delve.....thats my philisophy anyway

Sir you are truely an idiot!!!

Chad Sexington

More than what?

Have you been into the drinks cabinet Roald? :cool:

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

I know of a bar owner in a spanish resort that phones up hotels in the UK depending on which trades week it is to find out their prices puts his just below and the visitors think its a cheap booze

You're not seriously suggesting a Spanish pub sets its drink prices based on the British market rather than the local competition? :rolleyes:

I just wondered

I never knew Larnaca bars to charge more for this. I can't imagine the 'Meeting Pub' doing so.

Always have a wager on which I'll see first on the Finiko?des the hoops or the huns.

I always wear the full strip on holiday. Top, shorts and socks pulled all the way up. Obviously no boots as I'm abroad, just casual sandals.

I look fantastic and it makes the locals like me.

Neither was English, apparently.

Uncle Bobby B

I just wear the famous maroon for when I touch down in another country, just to let the locals know that the Gorgie Boys are in town.

Last summer hols I conducted a straw poll of the contents of my baggage. I don't consider myself to be a manic, never-take-it-off-even-wear-it-in-the-bath replica strip wearer, but I was surprised to find I had taken more Hearts apparel than all the other tops put together. Maybe this is very sad, maybe it's just ...fun.

I've had a few amusing conversations in foreign parts because I met fellow Jambos while wearing some Hearts gear, so I've little intention of stopping my sartorial indescretions, regardless of the price of the beer...

Nucky Thompson
I always wear the full strip on holiday. Top, shorts and socks pulled all the way up. Obviously no boots as I'm abroad, just casual sandals.

Socks and sandals are a no no;)

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw a tim in a sellick tap with McGeady on the back, bleached blonde hair and a pair of silver shiny tracky bottoms walking through 5th avenue in New York. :sad:

I've been over here for nearly 3 years now. I see a moron in a Sellick tap pretty much every week and have to fight the urge to spit at them in the street/mall/bar/gym/"soccer" game.

It does my head in and all the English guys I work with don't seem to comprehend exactly why i get so p'ed off at them

I just wondered

I assume it's ok for Karaoke though... :whistling:

stevieC@pivot

So,pray tell ,what are you now?????

So,pray tell ,what are you now?????

He doesn't work anymore so he's just class I guess, especially after a few shandies when he becomes a grumpy old man...

With you on that one Roald - maybe it's our shared Stenhouse roots.

tommythejambo

People can wear what they want whilst on holiday as far as I'm concerned.

It's the legions of weegies with thier Jungle Jim and Currant Bun tops on at the airport that get me.

People can wear what they want whilst on holiday as far as I'm concerned.

It's the legions of weegies with thier Jungle Jim and Currant Bun tops on at the airport that get me.

what gets to me is the non weegies with their celtic or rangers tops, claiming its a family connection that allows them to support the filth

When you get past 14 years of age, the only 2 reasons you should have a football top are:

1. To play fives.

2. So your burd can sleep in it. (And look feckin' awesome whilst doing so)

IMO.

Sir you are truely an idiot!!!

agreed

because we all know when u go on holiday if you dont wear a football shirt you get charged less at the bar!:rolleyes:

portobellojambo1
I wouldn't call people who wear footy tops on holiday idiots but I do think grown men and women wearing football tops is exceptionally schemie.

To be honest, I cringe when I see Scottish people abroad with their jeans/trainers/any type of sportswear combo on.

Don't get me started on baseball caps.

Do these people not realise how ridiculous it makes them look? They look like they are auditioning for the Jeremy kyle show.

Have a look at how the French, Italians (or any nation really) dress themselves and their kids, then look at the Scots.

Total lack of any style or class.

I would never tell anyone what they should or shouldn't wear, but I despair at my fellow Scots sometimes.

Does that mean that if you were brought up on a housing scheme it is OK to do it, even in your adult years. I cannot be ersed ironing on a Saturday morning, so to be able to throw something on straight from the tumble dryer is a huge bonus, and football tops come into that category, just pull them on and go.

The Real Maroonblood

Don't forget the knotted hankie.

;)

eddie fenwick

never owned a top since i was about 14,if anyone wants to know or if i want anyone to know they can see my tattoos(hard or what?)

I wouldn't call people who wear footy tops on holiday idiots but I do think grown men and women wearing football tops is exceptionally schemie.

To be honest, I cringe when I see Scottish people abroad with their jeans/trainers/any type of sportswear combo on.

Do these people not realise how ridiculous it makes them look? They look like they are auditioning for the Jeremy kyle show.

Have a look at how the French, Italians (or any nation really) dress themselves and their kids, then look at the Scots.

I would never tell anyone what they should or shouldn't wear, but I despair at my fellow Scots sometimes.

well barney versace why dont you post a picture of yourself on holiday, so to enlighten those jkbers with no fashion sense, style or class.

portobellojambo1

Unless I have read the rest of your post wrongly I think you already have.

Chad Sexington
well barney versace why dont you post a picture of yourself on holiday, so to enlighten those jkbers with no fashion sense, style or class.

original.jpg

heartgarfunkel

Getting sunburnt, watching only fools and horses in the pub and importing as many kensitas club as you can afford at the end of the holiday is still optional.

Now that was a proper fag, full tar, no ****ing about

so just cause it wasnt on your school 'curriculim' it means you couldnt play it???...Edinburgh is full of public tennis courts, we lived in Temple Park Cres as kids and played tennis every summer at the Merchiston Tennis & bowling club, the meadows etc...oh wait bowling wasnt played at my school either...christ i must be upper class, better phone and tell my dad hes been underselling himself all these years and that his 30 years at ferranti was just volunteer work.....

oh and as for your original point...maybe and just maybe its because there tops are comfy and easy to waer in the heat...while people are relaxing...

jeez i think theres nore important things to worry about

J.T.F.Robertson
so just cause it wasnt on your school 'curriculim' it means you couldnt play it???...Edinburgh is full of public tennis courts, we lived in Temple Park Cres as kids and played tennis every summer at the Merchiston Tennis & bowling club, the meadows etc...oh wait bowling wasnt played at my school either...christ i must be upper class, better phone and tell my dad hes been underselling himself all these years and that his 30 years at ferranti was just volunteer work.....

oh and as for your original point...maybe and just maybe its because there tops are comfy and easy to waer in the heat...while people are relaxing...

jeez i think theres nore important things to worry about

Never a truer word .......

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28045

Archived