Hearts V's Scotland

Chubb

Had a heated debate with my mates in the pub on Saturday over the age old club v's country debate. I know this has maybe been done in the past but was interested to see where people stand on this. Are you a hearts or a Scotland fan first. To help the people who maintain they love them both equally, would you rather Hearts won Champions League or Scotland won World Cup?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Had a heated debate with my mates in the pub on Saturday over the age old club v's country debate. I know this has maybe been done in the past but was interested to see where people stand on this. Are you a hearts or a Scotland fan first. To help the people who maintain they love them both equally, would you rather Hearts won Champions League or Scotland won World Cup?

JTs by a country mile

Hearts...110%...Couldn't give a **** about the GFA11! :mad:

Heart of Midlothian.

The last Scotland game I was at, I found it impossible to get behind guys like Ferguson, I can't go from hating him to supporting him. I'm parochial.

Whoever's doing better at the time. Last season, probably Scotland...

Definitely Hearts.

No matter how Hearts do I'll still support them 100%.

If Scotland aren't doing well then I'm not that bothered about them.

That's the main difference for me.

Hearts

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to the pub to watch Scotland games, with supporters of other teams, but that's all I do! I am never going back to see a Scotland game at Hampden, as I went once before and thought it was a nightmare

Hearts, Hearts, Hearts.

Was still gutted on Saturday though.

Well until the coma from the lager and "intoxicating" chat from Rob1874 took over.

:biggrin:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

These things come up all the time and it's always the same answers. 99.9% will pick Hearts first (and rightly so), but do we have to choose one or the other? Is it okay to like Hearts a lot and Scotland a bit?

loveofthegame

Hearts every time, although i do support Scotland too.

I'd rather see Hearts win the League (never mind Champs League) than i would Scotland the WC.

Whoever's doing better at the time. Last season, probably Scotland...

A true fan..........................

Malcolm Tucker
Hearts, Hearts, Hearts.

Was still gutted on Saturday though.

Well until the coma from the lager and "intoxicating" chat from Rob1874 took over.

:biggrin:

You loved my chat. It was better than the game itself to be honest!

And I'm sure when Lewis actually spoke you loved his chat as well....

These things come up all the time and it's always the same answers. (9.9% will pick Hearts first (and rightly so), but do we have to choose one or the other? Is it okay to like Hearts a lot and Scotland a bit?

Of course it is. The point of this wasn't to say u have to pick one or the other but just what preference you had if you were forced to choose a big Hearts win or a big Scotland win. I was surprised at how many supporters (Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic) picked Scotland. Country first over club makes no sense to me. In my opinion I am more proud of being a Jambo than I am of being Scottish.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Of course it is. The point of this wasn't to say u have to pick one or the other but just what preference you had if you were forced to choose a big Hearts win or a big Scotland win. I was surprised at how many supporters (Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic) picked Scotland. Country first over club makes no sense to me. In my opinion I am more proud of being a Jambo than I am of being Scottish.

As for winning big there's no contest - Hearts to win the league over Scotland to win anything, every time. But between another Scottish Cup win and Scotland winning the Euros, have to say I'd go for Scotland...

Hearts first and foremost, but I support Scotland too. Though I would happily sacrifice Scotland never qualifying for a major tournament ever again in exchange for Hearts winning the CL (or even the SPL!) in my lifetime.

letsalllaughathobos

herats by a mile.

sick of seeing **** poor OF payers who think they are the business.

still dont know why any team would want to play kenny miller,alexander,weir(if available),i could keep going.

it certainly baffells me.

A true fan..........................

;)

In all honesty, I don't think I actually have a preference. Its two entirely different things for me and I don't see why it has to be a choice at all.

Although last season, after stupidly (drunkenly) deciding it would be feasible to have season tickets for both Fulham and Hearts, seeing Scotland pull off a couple of results was the only thing I had to cheer me up, football wise.

At one stage I had a season ticket for two teams who were both second bottom of their respective leagues.

(You'll be glad to know I had to relinquish my Hearts ticket this year though, due to work commitments. 100% home record so far...)

Guest Dipped Flake

No disrespect to the OP but we have had hundreds of these posts on here, always during the international break. I suppose most 'died in the wool' Jambos that go to the trouble of registering on here are going to say Hearts first. Myself, Scotland will always come first for me but that is more to do with Scotland the nation rather than the football team. In purely football terms, I can't really seperate them.

However, if it was a choice between Scotland winning the World Cup and Hearts winning the Champions League it would have to be Scotland. It makes no difference really though as neither is ever going to happen and, if I wanted to dream about one of them happening I would just dream about them both in the same year

Hearts by a country mile.

Never even been remotely fussed by scotland. When I was a wee boy I supported Romania cos they were the business and I liked their strip. Now im an adult I really couldnt give a toss about international football apart from the big tournaments. Weeks like this bore the pants off me.

No disrespect to the OP but we have had hundreds of these posts on here, always during the international break. I suppose most 'died in the wool' Jambos that go to the trouble of registering on here are going to say Hearts first. Myself, Scotland will always come first for me but that is more to do with Scotland the nation rather than the football team. In purely football terms, I can't really seperate them.

However, if it was a choice between Scotland winning the World Cup and Hearts winning the Champions League it would have to be Scotland. It makes no difference really though as neither is ever going to happen and, if I wanted to dream about one of them happening I would just dream about them both in the same year

No disrespect taken DF. I realise that these come up alot but I have never properly read them before and was genuinely interested in what the general opinion was. I just assumed that most people would pick their club side as this is the team they watch and support on a weekly basis. It seems that alot of the people I was discussing this with (both in the pub and at work) have the same opinion as yourself.

jack D and coke

How can anyone say they'd rather Hearts won a league that nobody outside our borders gives a monkeys chunky's about against our national team becoming legends all over the world? I would love Hearts to win the league and i want both to succeed but the national team gains us more respect and any player who pulls on the blue jersey gets my support regardless of what club he turns out for. If you cant separate club and country then you need to grow up imo.

Myself, Scotland will always come first for me but that is more to do with Scotland the nation rather than the football team. In purely football terms, I can't really seperate them.

That's the way I see it also.

How can anyone say they'd rather Hearts won a league that nobody outside our borders gives a monkeys chunky's about against our national team becoming legends all over the world? I would love Hearts to win the league and i want both to succeed but the national team gains us more respect and any player who pulls on the blue jersey gets my support regardless of what club he turns out for. If you cant separate club and country then you need to grow up imo.

I understand and respect what you are saying mate but personally I would much prefer to slag off all the fans of other Scottish teams who I know than gain the respect of some faceless foreigner I have never met. The look on one Hibee's face as we lift that trophy would be worth more than the whole population of Brazil or Angola gaining respect for Scottish football. IMHO

He said the Champions League, Davie.

I'd rather Hearts won that tbh...

Guest Dipped Flake
No disrespect taken DF. I realise that these come up alot but I have never properly read them before and was genuinely interested in what the general opinion was. I just assumed that most people would pick their club side as this is the team they watch and support on a weekly basis. It seems that alot of the people I was discussing this with (both in the pub and at work) have the same opinion as yourself.

No problems Chubb. Normally on here the majority say Hearts, and you get the same thing on the hibs message board too. As I said, the guys on here are the ones who, in the main, live and breath Hearts. I fully respect anyone who says Hearts over Scotland but just can't understand the ones who don't care a toss about their country at all. Of course they are entitled to their opinion however much I disagree with it.

Hearts. Scotland don't excite me, it's just another game of football, fun to watch, but I dinnae get overly excited if we win, or down if we lose.

With Hearts the highs and lows are much more real.

No question - it's Heart of Midlothian FC.

Scotland can GTF - a joke team, organised by a joke governing body, and supported by joke fans. :mad:

Hey, thats too easy.

A better question would be - would you rather Hearts won the Champions league or have your right foot cut off? -

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

hard hard one to call but probably scotland win the world cup to be fair, sick oif the 1966 nonsense but it doesnt matter anyway we're winnin the CL sometime soon anyway ;) but hopefully never want to have to choose.

Not the fairest time to ask the question, straight after a bad Scotland result and with Hearts going alright. Bet there would have been a different response just under a year ago when everyone was jumping on the Scotland bandwagon. For what it's worth I follow both club and country.

I love both, being scottish makes me proud, from the full history of the country and not just the football, but being a jambo makes me feel above alot of other scots ;) on the footie note, what seperates it for me more is:

if hearts lose i can feel down, read the papers and feel gutted... go to the pub and argue with some fan that knows best but never goes to a game

if scotland lose i still get ****ed and enjoy the rest of the night

Archived