Looking to buy an Xbox 360...

Legend Claws

Game online have the Arcade version with 2 controllers and 2 games for ?180.00 delivered. Is the 256mb memory it comes with enough to play online etc. Does playing online wipe out much of your download limit?

Game online have the Arcade version with 2 controllers and 2 games for ?180.00 delivered. Is the 256mb memory it comes with enough to play online etc. Does playing online wipe out much of your download limit?

Arcade Xbox's aren't worth it. One demo takes up about 700mb of memory.

Arcade Xbox's aren't worth it. One demo takes up about 700mb of memory.

Agree with you there. I don't have a 360 but a few of my mates do.

What the OP should do if he is on a budget buy a nearly new xbox with a large hard drive already built in (i.e. 40GB or whatever).

Or they could buy the one that they looked at then maybe a hard drive to plug into it as the arcade xbox's are small on space

I have the standard 20Gig version, with very little downloaded (only one xbox live game and no music or anyhting) I have about 13 gigs left. You needs plenty space for saving games and creating your profile. But the arcade version then buy a 20 gig or 120 gig hard drive. Sorted.

JamboBannon10

An early warning make sure its not in a corner or anywhere where its likely to overheat and get the 3 red lights its a right pain in the @rse sending it away to get fixed

I'd hold off buying one just now as there's a new unit coming out soon (can't remember when though), so expect the current 360's to drop in price. Also, the overheating issues aren't really a major issue with the units that are now being sold.

JamboBannon10

Yeah i heard about the newer x box's not having this problem, i just got mine back today from microsoft if had the overheating problem does anyone know if when you send it away they only replace the parts which need replacing or do they actually do something to rectify the problem so that its not likely to happen again?

Yeah i heard about the newer x box's not having this problem, i just got mine back today from microsoft if had the overheating problem does anyone know if when you send it away they only replace the parts which need replacing or do they actually do something to rectify the problem so that its not likely to happen again?

They just replace the parts that need replacing. If it's beyond repair they will just send you a new console.

Mines has been sent away aswell, 3 weeks tomorrow...

My phone call tomorrow should be a laugh :mad:

jack D and coke

Dont buy the arcade version mate. The standard Pro console now comes with a 60 gig HD and you'll need it or wish you'd bought one. There's a big XBOX LIVE update coming soon and it's rumoured to have all sorts of sh*t for downloading so i reckon you'd be better spending an extra ?20-30. The standalone HD's for the 360 are outrageously overpriced so save yourself a few extra pounds and get the Pro. Also the older arcade model used to come with wired controllers and the pro with wireless although that might not be true now but you want the wireless ones trust me.

Shop around, Blockbuster are hard to beat and Gamestation also do good deals. Also the 360 has been cut in price in America and Japan just recently so it's on the cards for a price cut here also.

What games did it come with btw?

jack D and coke

The one on the website for ?180 is the older premium with the 20 gig HD which is fine but viva pinata is rank. Forza is ok if you like gran turismo type driving games.

Is that the one you meant?

Also the 360 has been cut in price in America and Japan just recently so it's on the cards for a price cut here also.

Sure I read that Europe got a price cut that the US didn't earlier this year; therefore no price cut in Europe?

The one on the website for ?180 is the older premium with the 20 gig HD which is fine but viva pinata is rank. Forza is ok if you like gran turismo type driving games.

Is that the one you meant?

Yeah mate that was the one. I think I will just pay extra for a bigger unit with better games.

Archived