Fletcher called to Scots squad

LARRRYKINGSTON

LarrysRightFoot

IMO despite him being a Hibee he has the potential to be the best Scottish player of his generation.

I think he has stagnated a little recently but he is still young and I hope for Scotland's sake he fufills his obvious potential.

Guest Dipped Flake

Would much rather see Fletcher than another OF dud. He scored 2 goals for the under-21s last week so fully merits his callup.

The Future's Maroon

I would rather see Fletcher playing tomorrow than Miller.

(regardless of what team he plays for, when they pull on a Scotland top they get my full support)

EDIT: - ONLY EXCEPTION is Kirk Fatfoot, if he gets a game...I won't even start on him!)

cobbyshambles

(regardless of what team he plays for, when they pull on a Scotland top they get my full support)

EDIT: - ONLY EXCEPTION is Kirk Fatfoot, if he gets a game...I won't even start on him!)

i would rather see calum elliot up front on his own than the "real madrid" target.

I agree he deserves a chance (despite being a hibby) and when a player plays for Scotland they get my support - even Barry the crab in the one game a tournament he decides to be fit for.

When this news came in, Real Madrid upped their bid to ?47m.

Iron Rod aint budging though!

;)

How does he deserve a call hes pish !!

It will be interesting. He was excellent for the U21s when Scotland were on top, but when Slovenia came back into it for 15 mins he was worse than useless. It's the Kris Boyd dilema. Play him because he might score - or don't play him because the opposition have more chance of scoring if he does.

This is a general dilema GB has with the national team just now. Smith and McLeish built the foundations - but weren't prepared to stick around to complete the job in case the walls came tumbling down..

Sorry couldn't think of the correct anolgy (sp?)

Cant really argue, although hes not really been doind it at club level, has he?

As said, Id probably rather him than Miller. He offers NOTHING.

Archived