Should Robbie Be Allowed Straight Back Into Team?

dazajmbo

Should robbie be allowed straight back into the team?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should robbie be allowed straight back into the team?

• Yes 1st choice!
    • No give him a few weeks on bench
    • Get him sold to a league 1 team not good enough
    • He should be challenging Eggert, Kara, Thomson for the place

personnally i dont rate him, he can have a few crackers but its the sidestepping along side the likes of McGeady, where Robbie should be making a challenge he sidestepps alont side attackers which frustrates me, wats your opionion?

Basically you fancy another Robbie bashing thread?

Why only Robbie, why not Bruno, Beslija, or any of our other injured players.

They should all only be in the first team when they are playing better than them in training. Easy peasy.

Basically you fancy another Robbie bashing thread?

Why only Robbie, why not Bruno, Beslija, or any of our other injured players.

They should all only be in the first team when they are playing better than them in training. Easy peasy.

because i have been a season ticket holder for the last 3 years and havent seen enough DECENT perfomances from Robbie, Bruno is a good player and i have yet to see beslija play,

Robbie is over rated in my opinion

Charlie-Brown

Who is to say after his injury problems have been resolved and he's obtained suitable fitness (maybe another month or two yet until he's ready?) that he will be given an automatic place in the team?

It depends on how well Jonsson & Thomson have been doing in the interim as to whether Neilson will even make the squad or if Csaba decides it's better in his long term interests to stick with the younger guys.

Neilson should only get his place back if he proves on the training ground that he's a better option than his replacements.

portobellojambo1
personnally i dont rate him, he can have a few crackers but its the sidestepping along side the likes of McGeady, where Robbie should be making a challenge he sidestepps alont side attackers which frustrates me, wats your opionion?

On the basis that Laszlo has stated that he believes Balogh is a better keeper than Kello, but that he will have to earn the keeper's shirt the answer has to be no with regards to Neilson walking straight back in at right back.

Both Jason Thomson and Eggert Jonsson have filled the position comfortably, so see no reason to allow Neilson back into the side, which is why I voted sell him.

because i have been a season ticket holder for the last 3 years and havent seen enough DECENT perfomances from Robbie, Bruno is a good player and i have yet to see beslija play,

Robbie is over rated in my opinion

Show me one person who OVER rates him.

Charlie-Brown

There is a least one regular poster who could fit this description but forum rules don't permit naming on threads they haven't posted upon. :)

the press, Hearts official website the HNT report today "the scotland international" when was he last called up for scotland?

he is shocking, 1 good tackle in the final is the only time i have thought well done robbie!

the press, Hearts official website the HNT report today "the scotland international" when was he last called up for scotland?

he is shocking, 1 good tackle in the final is the only time i have thought well done robbie!

You haven't seen many matches then. :rolleyes:

Robbie is a really decent player, we've all been through this tired old debate a lot though.

Agreed, and still the best right back at the club by a mile

I agree as well FWIW.

However this does not mean i want him to walk back into the team. (i;m not implying that you do by the way, just covering my back from the RobbieBashers.

agreed again. like any player he should be expected to fight for his place when he comes back, but all things being equal he'd regain his spot fairly quickly.

Erm... away to Basle is UEFA Cup? Or was that not good enough for you. Anway, Robbie is a very average player, sometimes he's good, sometimes he's bad.

Agreed again. Does much more right than he does wrong, but the Robbie Bashers never seem to remember the good stuff.

Human nature I suppose, as he is paid to do the "good stuff" so you don't comment on it, only the poorer bits .... but if every player had his game play disected the way Neilson gets his done, we would be calling for virtually every player to get fired !

i'd have him back in the squad (on the bench) ASAP building up fitness and expect him to be a 1st pick by Christmas.

robbie is like how Burley described Broadfoot... a player of limited ability. but the ability he does have is to be consistently better than some of the other dross we've had to put up with. he is also a model pro.

if you were to take Miko's performances over a 3 year period and compared them to the effort Robbie puts in, Robbie would put him to shame. Robbie plays in a position with v.little glory and gets silly amounts of abuse.

i can see Eggert replacing Robbie in time though if he continues to improve.

Who is to say after his injury problems have been resolved and he's obtained suitable fitness (maybe another month or two yet until he's ready?) that he will be given an automatic place in the team?

It depends on how well Jonsson & Thomson have been doing in the interim as to whether Neilson will even make the squad or if Csaba decides it's better in his long term interests to stick with the younger guys.

Neilson should only get his place back if he proves on the training ground that he's a better option than his replacements.

:Agree: Should have to work his way back in.

Don't think it will be too long before he forces his way back in though. Defence has been very shakey since the split last season (when Neilson dropped out due to injury). Average goals lost must be something like 2 per game since then?

nobody should be allowed to just walk into the team! they should be in when csaba decides they deserve to be in

That is how it will work, the Robbie haters will have to accept it.

Eggert is a midfielder, Karapidis is a centre back and Robbie is better than Jason Thomson (even though he's got great initials). So yes, 1st choice RB for me.

Most right backs in this country are pish and I think Robbie can be too but he's a lot less pish than most!!!

We_are_the_Hearts

Can't see him getting back in as Csaba is on record as saying he wants attacking full backs with energy to get up and down. This is also the idea behind Kari in midfield so he can cover this as well as Zaliukas stepping out. While Robbie is OK defensively he doesn't offer much going forward. probably best to persevere with Jonsson to see how he turns out.

Archived