Best Atmosphere Game You've Been To? Hearts, Scotland, Liverpool etc

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

mines personally was beatin france in parc de prince :D

hearts highlight...4-0 semi final or stampys winner at fester road!

Commander Harris

I've not seen many non-hearts games so I've not really got a frame of reference with regards to that, but as for Hearts games:

Stuttgart at home was an amazing atmosphere, in fact you could say that about many a European game at tynie but I think Stuttgart was a standout.

at the other end of the spectrum I actually thought the tangible menace at the end of the andy davis game was incredible, a huge amount of atmosphere, even if it wasn't particular positive it was still amazing to experience that.

I've not seen many non-hearts games so I've not really got a frame of reference with regards to that, but as for Hearts games:

Stuttgart at home was an amazing atmosphere, in fact you could say that about many a European game at tynie but I think Stuttgart was a standout.

at the other end of the spectrum I actually thought the tangible menace at the end of the andy davis game was incredible, a huge amount of atmosphere, even if it wasn't particular positive it was still amazing to experience that.

I have been to many games where the atmosphere has been amazing.

But as you say , the Stuttgart game was something special.

The buzz around Tynie that night was electric.

Very hard to describe but you felt as if you could put your hand out and grab some of the atmosphere.

And that was the Roseburn Stand

:eek:

If only Petic knew how much time he had.

:mad:

Charlie-Brown

I was very young at the time but the atmosphere at Hearts v Lokomotiv Leipzig was electric and with their away goal and first game 2 goal lead the tie hung in the balance until Hearts finally won through in glorius fashion. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Stuttgart was outstanding.

The final whistle on the night we qualified for the Champs League. Will never forget everyone around me hugging each other and a few folk shedding tears. :)

Our last appearnace at Broomfield in the cup.

Brockville with 15k crammed in.

Winning promotion at Boghead.

Bayern at Tynecastle.

Fozzy and Franke says games at Fester road.

Hammering the hobos at Hampden.

hundred of others in contention.

But for pure adrenalin rush...Beating Aberdeen to secure second place. and a bash at the champions league.

So many to name, some not mentioned:

Hearts: 3-1 game vs Celtic, 0-1 at HT, Henry doing that save......

Hearts 2 Aberdeen 1, finally winning a Scottish Cup Semi

any win over Hibs, especially with late goals

Scotland, going back a few years, beating France 2-0 with MoJo scoring both goals.

the U16 world cup semi at Tynecastle when we beat Portugal 1-0, Brian O Neill scored.

Euro 96, only got to the Holland game at Villa Park, but was awesome on the Holte end.

Few other random grounds, always found the atmosphere good at Everton on the Gladwys St End and

One downside of living in the new world, atmosphere is pretty rubbish at all sporting events.

Aberdeen game when we clinched 2nd place.

Semi Final v Rangers for the league cup when we were in the first division, 29500 crammed into Tyinie. I may be totally inaccurate with the details just remember it being immense.

Bayern Munich and Fergies goal.

The first 5 games of 83/84 season, won them all, atmosphere in the shed - incredible. Also beating Gers in cup in 80s, the Stuttgart game. Other than that, Scotland v Spain 84, Dalgleish scored a screamer, 74,000 at the game.

awadooningorgie2
The first 5 games of 83/84 season, won them all, atmosphere in the shed - incredible. Also beating Gers in cup in 80s, the Stuttgart game. Other than that, Scotland v Spain 84, Dalgleish scored a screamer, 74,000 at the game.

Was about to say Scotland 3 Spain 1. Standing in the West stand when Dalsglish got the third will possibly never be surpassed.

Guest juvehearts

too many to choose from

winning the cup in 1998 clinches it for me.

the pure & utter joy & sheer emotion from beating rangers, & the partying afterwards.

like i said far far too many to choose from.

best was the 4-0 humping of hibs in the semi final at hampden. and the aberdeen game where we got 2nd place.

worst atmo would be my first trip to cetic park, was sitting in the jock stein stand (got a season ticket fae guy at the work) it was the 1-1 draw, couple of seasons ago. had always been told that the place has a great atmosphere but was subjected to 90 min of bile from the mouths of half the stand. they were virtually ripping the seats up when hearts equalized

Aberdeen game when we clinched 2nd place.

Semi Final v Rangers for the league cup when we were in the first division, 29500 crammed into Tyinie. I may be totally inaccurate with the details just remember it being immense.

Bayern Munich and Fergies goal.

That was the one for me. Was in the Gorgie Road end and it was absolutely heaving and noisy as ferk for the whole game. When Fergie took the free kick in to the School End goal it was like there was just a split second of absolute silence... then I remember a voice behind me going "oh ya *****, it's IN!!!!" then the whole place exploded. It was bedlam. I can't remember much else about the game but the atmosphere walking down Gorgie road after it was just sensational.

You can't beat the European nights.

FTH

In match day time chronological order

Pre-match at "that" semi final was the best build up atmosphere

The first half of the Celtic NYD game would be hard to beat at Tynecastle

The second half of Stuttgart at Tynie

Added on time in the 4-4 game

The final whistle and post match at the Aberdeen qual for 2nd

Thought the atmosphere in Prague for the Uefa Cup match against Sparta in 2006, after the final whistle went was pretty special considering the sh*t that was served up that night! Those armed police were pretty damn scary as well!

The Stampy game for me, I had Heart palpitations after that! Had to sit down at the houses behind the Main stand for 20 mins to recover.

Away from Hearts, Scotland vs Holland was special. McFadden 1-0 game.

Thought the atmosphere in Prague for the Uefa Cup match against Sparta in 2006, after the final whistle went was pretty special considering the sh*t that was served up that night! Those armed police were pretty damn scary as well!

Agreed! However those police were like tiny fluffy kittens compared to the ones in Athens! 42 degrees in full riot gear and not a bead of sweat? Something wrong there considering I was wearing a hearts top and shorts and still lost about a stone from sweating so much on the train to the game! Atmosphere inside the olympic stadium was pretty special tbh, outnumbered by about 50-1 and could still be heard singing on the telly!

Haha, bet they weren't ninja-like though??!! Remember walking back towards the main town/bridge over the river and going through the big park. It was so dark with no lighting and these coppers in full riot gear and balaclavas were hiding in the bushes, stealth-like, waiting for trouble!! Eerily scary!!

France getting tanned in their own back-yard 1-0. McFadyen screamer.

Plus a few others mentioned above. Fozzy, Ferguson (Bayern), 1992 in Switzerland (Scotland) 2-2 after 2-0 down at HT.

Tannadice,Ibrox,and Pittodrie 86.Parkhead S Crabbe goal.

QOTS every time i have been.

Easter Rd Levein and D O'Conner

Scotland v Wales Annfield.

Scotland v England Hampden 74 Jimmy Johnstone boat game.

England v Scotland Wembley 77.

loveofthegame

Carnival de Paris sung througout '98 Cup Final,

Home 1-0 win v Rangers, Roman Bednar winner. After game the atmosphere was like we'd won the league already,

Home win over the Sheep, to seal Champs League football

Semi final win over Hibs

Bordeaux away

Feeyenoord away

To name but a few...

Got to be a mention for Basle, great atmosphere before, during, and after the game, obviously helped by the result; that wonder-strike by RN!!! The tram trips out & back stick in the mind...sure there's some footage somewhere!! In general a very nice city & laid back inhabitants who were pretty tolerant of some very p***ed up Jambos....

Feyenoord also fantastic atmoshphere, getting in & out a bit less relaxing though...!!

For Me:

Scotland Game - After we lost 2-0 at home then went down to Wobbly. Scotland scored and then Seamen saved from point blank. We might have gone out of the competition that night but the Atmosphere all day was electric. The last ten minutes of that game when we were pushing them and they were visibly wilting was unbelievable.

Hearts Game - Been many with top atmosphere's (4-4, Stampy etc, 1998 etc) but the one for me is the Aberdeen game when we qualified. Half of Edinburgh was bouncing at the end of that game never mind the stands. Absolutely fantastic and needs to be repeated soon.

Harry Kinnear

1977 Wembley 2-1 pitch invasion, unbelievable

4-4

Anfield 77 when we qualified for Argentina, Welsh home game? I think not

Hearts V Stuttgart was simply immense

Hearts v Aberdeen to clinch 2nd was spine chilling

Scotland v Italy at Hampden was electric.

Wonder if Hearts were to install the Hampden sound system at Tynie what the atmosphere would be like.

Ohh, just remembered ..... A special mention goes to The Mound, Princes Street, Haymarket, Dalry Road, Gorgie Road, generally Edinburgh fullstop over the Cup Winning Weekend of 98. What an atmosphere that was ..... getting the chills down the spine as I type.

France v Scotland after we'd won was like nothing else.

98' cup final at full time whistle was also a special moment.

before the 4-0 cup semi v Hibs was amazing as well.

Scotland 2- Austria 0 at Hampden when we qualified for France 98 was tremendous also.

France v Scotland after we'd won was like nothing else.

98' cup final at full time whistle was also a special moment.

before the 4-0 cup semi v Hibs was amazing as well.

Scotland 2- Austria 0 at Hampden when we qualified for France 98 was tremendous also.

Was that not at Parkhead?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

That was the one I was going to say. The Hearts supporters singing constantly throughout the game, even though it was obvious we were out, brought a lump to my throat. I think we (the fans) complain about each other quite a lot, but when we're good, we're really good.

defo beating Celtic 2-1 at Parkhead. Was it 1991? Scott crabbe and john Millar scored. Amazing atmosphere. Bordeaux also good

Recently had the opportunity to attend one of the Buenos Aires derby's, Racing V Independiente. Have to say that the atmosphere compared with games I've attended in Europe was a different league. Everybody, old men, women, ultras - screamed for their respective teams. The stadium shook with tens of thousands of manic supporters bouncing and singing together - non-stop. Flares going off, streamers, flags, paper from one hour before to an hour after the match. An incredible experience.

Also, was at the Santiago Bernabeau the night the galacticos stuffed the Mancs 3-1 in the quarter final.

Closer to home, parkhead May 16th 1998. Gorgie road May 17th 1998...the night Fergie's goal beat Bayern Munich at Tynecastle and Wales v Scotland at Annfield.

Best Atmosphere ever...

Bayern Munich at Tynecastle.

Best Atmosphere ever (away from Tynecastle)...

The first derby after the Mercer takeover plan, The Wayne Foster derby was better but the party atmosphere only really got going after 85 minutes the takeover derby was rock and roll from the moment you crossed London Road on the way to the ground.

Best Atmosphere ever (since terracing)

The Aberdeen game at the end of 2006, They could hear us in Leith.

Best Atmosphere (Not actually at the game)

Braga vs Hearts Caley Sample Rooms.

Best Atmosphere (Not involving Hearts)

I saw Keegan's Newcastle (the first time round) against West Ham during their promotion season that was a bit special.

Paris for Paris St Germain v Hearts -- you forget just how many went for our first foray into Europe for a time and the atmosphere was electric with flares at both ends and a great support from Hearts -- in ground for 20mins after singing non stop -- then out in Paris after -- via visit from local riot police who turned out to be scary looking but ok in the end.

Also Munich -- great support, great ground and park surrounds and great sing song on trains to and from ground.

(the Greentree bus !!-- momories)

scott herbertson
For Me:

Scotland Game - After we lost 2-0 at home then went down to Wobbly. Scotland scored and then Seamen saved from point blank. We might have gone out of the competition that night but the Atmosphere all day was electric. The last ten minutes of that game when we were pushing them and they were visibly wilting was unbelievable.

That would be one of mine too. John Collins was immense that night and I can now admit (now that the tube has mismanaged Hibs into oblivion) that I did the 'fan bows to a god' genuflexion when he came out and made a clenched fist at us from the balcony in the concourse after the game

Hearts games - nothing could match the leipzig game - nothing. Next best would be EOSS in 1970something when the Hearts fans left the ground en masse then re-entered into the Hibs end (in the days when they opened the gates after half time) and a mass pagger started all over the ground - the atmosphere that day was phenemonal.

Also Paris St germain away - 7000 Hearts fans and not a single Frenchman left, with the Hearts song echoing round the ground was spooky and very very loud

An honourable mention for a late 70s QOS cup game in Dumfires which was a stormer

Chad Sexington

Scotland v Spain in 84 was unbelievable. I was right behind the goals and had a fantastic view of Dalglish's amazing strike.

Hearts v Bayern at Tynecastle was the best Hearts Euro night I've ever experienced. Totally electric.

The semi-final victory over the vermin. I've never enjoyed a derby so much.

The game v Aberdeen when we qualified for the CL. I don't think I've every heard Tynecastle louder than it was that night.

Guest jambomickey
Scotland v Spain in 84 was unbelievable. I was right behind the goals and had a fantastic view of Dalglish's amazing strike.

Hearts v Bayern at Tynecastle was the best Hearts Euro night I've ever experienced. Totally electric.

The semi-final victory over the vermin. I've never enjoyed a derby so much.

The game v Aberdeen when we qualified for the CL. I don't think I've every heard Tynecastle louder than it was that night.

agree with you about the night we qualified for the champions league! tynecastle was bouncing

Charlie-Brown
That would be one of mine too. John Collins was immense that night and I can now admit (now that the tube has mismanaged Hibs into oblivion) that I did the 'fan bows to a god' genuflexion when he came out and made a clenched fist at us from the balcony in the concourse after the game

Hearts games - nothing could match the leipzig game - nothing. Next best would be EOSS in 1970something when the Hearts fans left the ground en masse then re-entered into the Hibs end (in the days when they opened the gates after half time) and a mass pagger started all over the ground - the atmosphere that day was phenemonal.

Also Paris St germain away - 7000 Hearts fans and not a single Frenchman left, with the Hearts song echoing round the ground was spooky and very very loud

An honourable mention for a late 70s QOS cup game in Dumfires which was a stormer

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/images/goldpages/1976092905.htm

Between going 2-0 down and equalising in the 96 League Cup final at Celtic Park was the most incredible atmosphere of all for me. And similarly before kick off in the Scottish cup final 95/96 was electric.

Pity about the results!

One game thats not been mentioned was a cup game against Utd at Tannadice in the 80's. We were a goal and a man down IIRC and the Hearts support was immense. We got the game bakc to 1-1 but lost 2-1 in the end. I remember Archie McForeskin crediting the Hearts support with our equaliser.

Rudolf's Mate
- Bayern Munich game.

Bit shocked that it took 29 posts before someone mentioned the above. I was walking into the shed before kick off and had to put my hands over my ears as the noise was deafning!

Archived