Hamilton stripped of Belgian Grand Prix win

Deek

I see Lewis Hamilton has fallen foul of the stewards again at the Grand Prix in Belgium.

Dont know about the rest of you but I reckon Ferrari have been lining the stewards back pockets.

McLaren always seem to suffer worse than Ferrari. In the last race Massa survived a stewards' inquiry after being released into the path of another car after his second pit stop.

On this occasion race stewards handed Hamilton a 25-second penalty for cutting a chicane as he fought Ferrari's Raikkonen. Hamilton immediately let Raikkonen, back into the lead, so no advantage was gained.

The Mighty Thor
I see Lewis Hamilton has fallen foul of the stewards again at the Grand Prix in Belgium.

Dont know about the rest of you but I reckon Ferrari have been lining the stewards back pockets.

McLaren always seem to suffer worse than Ferrari. In the last race Massa survived a stewards' inquiry after being released into the path of another car after his second pit stop.

On this occasion race stewards handed Hamilton a 25-second penalty for cutting a chicane as he fought Ferrari's Raikkonen. Hamilton immediately let Raikkonen, back into the lead, so no advantage was gained.

Heard thia on 5 live about an hour ago. Bizarre decision. Hamilton cut the chicane in the pishing rain to avoid taking both them out, let Raikkonen past immediately and then took him a little later. Don't see how they can penalise him.

Hamilton definately gained an advantage form cutting the chicane, as he didn't fully let Raikkonen back past him after it, and overtook him on that straight.

Surprised they made the decision though as Raikonnen had crashed out

Hamilton definately gained an advantage form cutting the chicane, as he didn't fully let Raikkonen back past him after it, and overtook him on that straight.

Rossi supports Ferrari shocker.:cool:

Think that F1 is run by G. Peat from GFA, didnt Massa break a rule recently and nothing got done about it.They said it would be looked at after the race never seen anything in the paper.This is personal against McLaren ferrari have been bending rules for years and getting away with it. Reemember they had illegal barge boards near the end of season 2000 or near about got disqualified admitted it Hakinen awarded title then got readmited for next race hate em like the auld squirm.

I said it last season, but I'll say it again.

F1 is like WWE, it's sports entertainment. You can't take it seriously anymore, it's rotten to the core.

Bernie Eccleston = Vince McMahon

Unfortunately it seems as if McLaren are going to appeal so there is a strong chance Hamilton will get the win and the 10 points back. Unfortunately.

Unfortunately it seems as if McLaren are going to appeal so there is a strong chance Hamilton will get the win and the 10 points back. Unfortunately.

And so he should get his points back.

Straight after Hamilton went off the track and used the escape route,but he let Raikkonen back in front,so Raikkonen should have had the momentum to keep his lead that was handed back to him.Hamilton took back first place with a good move.

There is no way Hamilton should have been given a 25 second penalty,especially when Massa got let off for pulling out in front of someone else in the pit lane at the last race.

But then again he drives a furharry.

I think it is now clear that the F1 big wigs do NOT like exciting races, for Lewis to be demoted to third is an absolute joke and anyone watching the race could see that the two of them were going for it. Yes Lewis done wrong but he then let Kimi past to redeam himself.

I hope big Ron puts in an appeal but I cant see the big wigs doing much about it as they just dont like Mclaren

Its probable that Hamilton will get his 10 points back, which is a bugger when you're a Ferrari fan like myself. I had a vague hope that he would get penalised when I was watching the incident but that was more in desperation than anything.

Eh???

I suggest you watch the incident again.

Firstly, he was ahead at the chicane and was forced off the road to avoid a collision.

On the pit straight, he backed off, Kimi passed him on the inside, Hamilton then performed a slingshot manouvre - cutting from outside, behind Kimi and inside him, outbraking Kimi into the first corner.

Ludicrous decision to penalise Lewis - Ferrari have the FIA in the palm of their hand. It's like watching the Old Firm against us.

Eh???

Firstly, he was ahead at the chicane and was forced off the road to avoid a collision.

On the pit straight, he backed off, Kimi passed him on the inside, Hamilton then performed a slingshot manouvre - cutting from outside, behind Kimi and inside him, outbraking Kimi into the first corner.

Ludicrous decision to penalise Lewis - Ferrari have the FIA in the palm of their hand. It's like watching the Old Firm against us.

I have to agree there is no way that Hamilton should have been given a penalty.

I P Knightley
Eh???

Didn't see it myself but the way you describe it, it sounds extremely harsh on McLaren (or favourable to Ferrari:rolleyes:).

I've a mate who's a huge Ferrari fan (Italian descent) and even he is saying he's surprised about the penalty.

I've no real favourites in F1 any more but used to be a big Ferrari fan from the days of Gilles Villeneuve. Nowadays, I find myself rooting against them, regardless of the driver. :(

I'm not a big Hamilton fan but he's been harshly treated here. I wonder had Raikonnen not crashed out if he would have still got a penalty!

It was a joke decision. The FIA seems to be rotten to the core.

With Mclaren stating publicly the evidence they have given to the FIA along with their appeal (including comparative speeds going over the start finish line) it would take Formula 1 to a whole new level of incompetency if the appeal were not to be successful.

Eh???

i agree a little with what you are saying but i think Hamilton should have waited until after the first corner before trying to pass him again as he still had the momentum from the short cut. a similar incident happened a couple of years ago with alonso and i'm pretty sure that he got a penalty too.

It's a shame for the 'sport' really. the best race that there has been for years and they spoil it all. I don't overly like Hamilton because of theITV comentary but i kinda want him to win just to get it right up the FIA

I P Knightley
i agree a little with what you are saying but i think Hamilton should have waited until after the first corner before trying to pass him again as he still had the momentum from the short cut. a similar incident happened a couple of years ago with alonso and i'm pretty sure that he got a penalty too.

It's a shame for the 'sport' really. the best race that there has been for years and they spoil it all. I don't overly like Hamilton because of theITV comentary but i kinda want him to win just to get it right up the FIA

Basic physics here:

McLaren claim to have evidence that he was travelling 6kph slower than the Ferrari.

The cars are likely to be the same weight.

Same mass; less velocity = less momentum.

I agree with your sentiments elsewhere but if the FIA make this stick, then they're either the most incompetent or the most corrupt governing body in sport. (Woops - hype alert, there!)

marshallschunkychicken
I dont watch F1 anymore because it has descended into a farce. Cheating Europeans, especially the Italians.

What he said.

Absolutely shocking decision.

A) Hamilton only cut the corner in the first place because Raikonnen forced him off the road.

B) Hamilton eased off and let Raikonnen take the lead back, all the way down the straight.

C) Hamilton nailed him in the corner when Raikonnen fecked his braking.

Totally fair.

Honking to take the win off him. Ferrari Mafia strike again.

I P Knightley
Absolutely shocking decision.

A) Hamilton only cut the corner in the first place because Raikonnen forced him off the road.

B) Hamilton eased off and let Raikonnen take the lead back, all the way down the straight.

C) Hamilton nailed him in the corner when Raikonnen fecked his braking.

Totally fair.

Honking to take the win off him. Ferrari Mafia strike again.

Does anyone know where I can see this incident on video? YouTube's letting me down.

Cheers

Basic physics here:

McLaren claim to have evidence that he was travelling 6kph slower than the Ferrari.

The cars are likely to be the same weight.

Same mass; less velocity = less momentum.

I agree with your sentiments elsewhere but if the FIA make this stick, then they're either the most incompetent or the most corrupt governing body in sport. (Woops - hype alert, there!)

Does anyone know of a smoothly, non-corrupt sport in this day and age?

Hamilton is a little sun-shines-out-my-arse golden boy, A lot of F1 fans who are not Ferrari supporters (unlike myself) will enjoy seeing him and McLaren done over

Does anyone know of a smoothly, non-corrupt sport in this day and age?

Hamilton is a little sun-shines-out-my-arse golden boy, A lot of F1 fans who are not Ferrari supporters (unlike myself) will enjoy seeing him and McLaren done over

I heard Niki Lauda on 5Live today and he made a couple of interesting points :

one of the judges does not speak English so how could he understand what Hamilton was saying

one of the judges was from Kenya

He accused the judges of knowing the rules but lacking the experience to apply them properly. Apparently FIA does this all the time : using new judges for every race. In his eyes , no conspiracy just awful decision making by guys who don't know any better.

Lauda really freaked out on the show shouting 'bul**** decision'.

Archived