A7 pretty bad with water

Serj Tankian

If you are on the A7 tonight or tommorrow morning be careful its pretty wet from Heriot down to Stow was not like that last night.

If you are on the A7 tonight or tommorrow morning be careful its pretty wet from Heriot down to Stow was not like that last night.

Wow, you can tell all that from Amsterdam! Technology these days... :)

Doctor FinnBarr
If you are on the A7 tonight or tommorrow morning be careful its pretty wet from Heriot down to Stow* was not like that last night.
How do you know that in the Dam then?;)

I live over here just use that for user name, the old bridge over the stream that is broken coming into Stow from Gala has water 4 feet from the road if its heavy rain tonight the road will be flooded some of the road is under water .The rail line is /would be under water also.

I live over here just use that for user name, the old bridge over the stream that is broken coming into Stow from Gala has water 4 feet from the road if its heavy rain tonight the road will be flooded some of the road is under water .The rail line is /would be under water also.

Not much chance of a derailment tonight though. :)

The A7's absolute murder when the weather's bad. Drove down from Edinburgh in a hailstorm once and saw 4 cars* that had spun out and into ditches/on to verges. My wife had a crash in January just after Stow when she hit some black ice - gritters hadn't been out as usual.

*All of them were BMW's. Take from that what you will.

Rear wheel drive. Nightmare in the snow.

Word. Also seem to be driven mostly by people that wouldn't be able to tell you that. In my experience, anyway.

The Old Tolbooth

The A7 is a bad road if you don't know it, fortunately I know every single bump and drain on that road as I drive it 2 or 3 times every week, and it's a road that you need to give a lot of care and respect to, it was really wet yesterday when I came back up from Gala and even I was almost caught out a couple of times, and I wasn't going over 50 for a change :whistling:

Doctor FinnBarr
The A7 is a bad road if you don't know it, fortunately I know every single bump and drain on that road as I drive it 2 or 3 times every week, and it's a road that you need to give a lot of care and respect to, it was really wet yesterday when I came back up from Gala and even I was almost caught out a couple of times, and I wasn't going over 50 for a change :whistling:

Thats cos you're old now, just motorised meandering!

:)

I drove down to Gala and back yesterday afternoon/evening and didn't think the road was to bad.

The only dodgy bits for standing water were from Middleton Moor/Heriot for a couple of miles down the way. After that it wasn't too bad.

I did have a chuckle at the guy paddling his kayack up and down the football pitch in Stow though.:rain:

Rear wheel drive. Nightmare in the snow.

I've owned several rear wheel drive cars and currently own one. The only one that has ever scared me in the rain was a BMW. I'm sure the new ones are better with traction control etc, but the older ones were a nightmare. I had a 525 and it was tailhappy, god knows what the M5's must have been like if you weren't an expert driver.

Do Motobility Scooters do 50?

Archived