after derby game brawls

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Anyone been involved in exchanging words or near fisticuffs with hobos walking up the road after a derby game win, i had one i can remember when walking up easter road after stampys winner , my 4 mates were in the chippy getting some grub when 2 hobos spotted me outside and decided to say some nasty stuff, i just politely reminded them off who were the big team and hoped they were enjoying their :107years:, well they started to come across the road so i just shouted into the chippy "boys hobos coming for scrapp", well no sooner had i said that and my 4 mates were out in a flash ," WTF you wanting hobo c****", said one of my mates, they now were not so mouthy and decided to walk away to a chorus of "STAMPY, STAMPY, STAMPY, STAMPY and cos its a :107years: in a row song, one hobo was fat and the other looked like one of the Proclaimers , GRAT END TO A GREAT NIGHT. (NOT ADVOCATING VIOLENCE HERE JUST A MEMORY).:107years:

Guest jambomickey
Anyone been involved in exchanging words or near fisticuffs with hobos walking up the road after a derby game win, i had one i can remember when walking up easter road after stampys winner , my 4 mates were in the chippy getting some grub when 2 hobos spotted me outside and decided to say some nasty stuff, i just politely reminded them off who were the big team and hoped they were enjoying their :107years:, well they started to come across the road so i just shouted into the chippy "boys hobos coming for scrapp", well no sooner had i said that and my 4 mates were out in a flash ," WTF you wanting hobo c****", said one of my mates, they now were not so mouthy and decided to walk away to a chorus of "STAMPY, STAMPY, STAMPY, STAMPY and cos its a :107years: in a row song, one hobo was fat and the other looked like one of the Proclaimers , GRAT END TO A GREAT NIGHT. (NOT ADVOCATING VIOLENCE HERE JUST A MEMORY).:107years:

got my windscrren smashed after the game when graham weir scored 2 in the last couple of minutes to get us a 4_4 draw! was driving along past haymarket with the hearts cd blaring when a brick smashed my windscreen

maroonlegions
got my windscrren smashed after the game when graham weir scored 2 in the last couple of minutes to get us a 4_4 draw! was driving along past haymarket with the hearts cd blaring when a brick smashed my windscreen

:eek:, FECK , sorry to here that mate, sad deluded bad loosers the lot of them eh.

Guest jambomickey
:eek:, FECK , sorry to here that mate, sad deluded bad loosers the lot of them eh.

to be honest mate i was on such a high it didn;t even bother me!

When i was younger a Hibby was picking on younger Hearts supporters on a bus and threatening them after we skelped them again. I told him to leave them alone or he would be liable to get a smack in the jaw, he soon stopped giving them hastle. His worst mistake was giving me **** when he was getting off. I decided to get off at the next stop ran all the way to get the fud confronted him and i hit him and i broke my finger so the moral of the story is.

Dont hit Hobos they have heads and brains off concrete.:)

maroonlegions

:107years:, well if you look at it that way , sticks and stones eh.:duck:, i too was on a big high, i was right behind the hobos dug out and the shear bedlam was directed at blobby and co:107years:, the look on their faces was magic gave Murray it tight when he walked up the tunnel with his head between his legs.:107years:

Guest jambomickey
:107years:, well if you look at it that way , sticks and stones eh.:duck:, i too was on a big high, i was right behind the hobos dug out and the shear bedlam was directed at blobby and co:107years:, the look on their faces was magic gave Murray it tight when he walked up the tunnel with his head between his legs.:107years:

i was right behind the home dug out and i'm still there to this day mate

maroonlegions
i was right behind the home dug out and i'm still there to this day mate

good on ya, nothing better than seeing dejected hobos sliding back up the tunnel eh.:eek::107years:

Guest jambomickey
good on ya, nothing better than seeing dejected hobos sliding back up the tunnel eh.:eek::107years:

spot on mate! i like the fact that we stand for the 90 minutes behind the dug out and also where i am the banter is good

When i was younger a Hibby was picking on younger Hearts supporters on a bus and threatening them after we skelped them again. I told him to leave them alone or he would be liable to get a smack in the jaw, he soon stopped giving them hastle. His worst mistake was giving me **** when he was getting off. I decided to get off at the next stop ran all the way to get the fud confronted him and i hit him and i broke my finger so the moral of the story is.

Dont hit Hobos they have heads and brains off concrete.:)

By any chance, was it your pinky or the finger next to it you broke?

My friend and I got set upon by 4 Hobos after the 4-0 derby on New Years Day when Hamilton and Cameron scored. They never really managed to land any punches and we were 17 and pretty useless so it was just some ridiculous, comedy pavement dancing that the coppers broke up after about 10 seconds.

I'm not into random acts of public violence at all.

So when a extremely drunken hobo attempted to nut me in the Rapido chippie I just leant out the way. Unfortunately for him it meant that he headbutted my shoulder, hard. Made quite a satisfying mess of his nose.

maroonlegions
I'm not into random acts of public violence at all.

So when a extremely drunken hobo attempted to nut me in the Rapido chippie I just leant out the way. Unfortunately for him it meant that he headbutted my shoulder, hard.:) Made quite a satisfying mess of his nose.

:clubbed:

:107years:

Miller Jambo 60
:clubbed:

Remember during a game at Easter Road the Hearts fans going round to the hibs end and chasing them out the old cow shed Quality.:107years:

Doctor FinnBarr
Remember during a game at Easter Road the Hearts fans going round to the hibs end and chasing them out the old cow shed Quality.:107years:

East of Scotland shield game, Busby sent off.

IIRC was that not known as Bloody Sunday!!

Was very young but remember walking home and at each street opening the Hobos would start chucking staines/boulders whatever at us and then the Jambos just ran at them and got chased away, funny thinking back but it was quite chaotic and wild at the time:eek:

:107years: Good shout! I was on cloud 9 weeks after that, great feeling.

Doctor FinnBarr

Was very young but remember walking home and at each street opening the Hobos would start chucking staines/boulders whatever at us and then the Jambos just ran at them and got chased away, funny thinking back but it was quite chaotic and wild at the time:eek:

The very game, we struggled to get back to our bus because of the streets that were blocked off!

Jambof3tornado

We had a plant in a pot dropped from a top tenament window the season before last,it would have taken someones flippin head off!!! Luckily it just smashed into the deck,police went into the building but we had walked off before we could see anyone being dragged out!!!

Dirty hobo ****bags:107years:

I have a couple of stories from Fester Road.

The first one was walking back along Princes Street after the game when Wayne Foster knocked their feckless mob out of the Scottish Cup. I had a grin like a cheshire cat (quite understandably) but was on my own. I passed a group of about 4 guys several years older than me and one of them wanted to have a go - luckily one of them pulled him out, because the odds wouldn't have been good.

The ironic thing was I was walking along Princes Street to avoid the trouble since I was on my own.

The second incident was after the Stampy game at Fester Road, when we scored two goals in the last ten mins to win the game via McKenna and Stampy having been 1-0 down for most of it.

I remember during the game that the hobos were so confident, being 1-0 up and giving us the hand signs, showing their grotty scarfs etc. When Stampy scored the same people disappeared.

Anyway, getting back on topic. Walking out of the game up Fester Road, a hobo ran right across the road and smacked a jambo in the face right in front of us and two police officers.

I confronted the police officers and asked them what they were going to do about it and they just shrugged their shoulders. It was made clear that if I persisted in complaining it would be me that got lifted.

What is the point of football clubs paying for police if they won't do their jobs and arrest people for acts of thuggery?

Uncle Bobby B

The same game where Stampy scored the winner, In Bathgate of all places...Two Hobo ***** squared up to my mate and I outside a kebab shop. One of them cracked my mate over the head with a Buckfast bottle.

The first hobo couldnt handle my foot rattle across his face and was out cold, then we set about the other guy...The feeling of a hobo's ribs cracking when you volley him in the ribs is amazing, he didnt last long either. :107years:

By any chance, was it your pinky or the finger next to it you broke?

My friend and I got set upon by 4 Hobos after the 4-0 derby on New Years Day when Hamilton and Cameron scored. They never really managed to land any punches and we were 17 and pretty useless so it was just some ridiculous, comedy pavement dancing that the coppers broke up after about 10 seconds.

Yes it was and i had difficulty wiping my erse for weeks:rolleyes:

maroonlegions

i was there at that one also a derby at tynie before segregation the hobos had come to the start of the covered shed at the school end :eek: but by kick off time they had been chased to half way down and right away from our sacred shed.:107years:

I'm no advocate of vi;lence but there is one incident that sticks inmy mins even after 30 years that still makes me smile.

At Fester Rd in the mid 70s as a teenage schoolkid with a buch of mates of similar age. This was at a time when footie violence in Edinurgh was bad coupled with a very bad gang scene. While we were blabbing away pre-match we didn't notice the dirtbags who had slinked out of their corner flag ghetto.

Suddenly we were surrounded by a large bunch of nutters who were obviously 'YLT' and were looking for some action - not that they were going to get it from 14 year old kids.

Then out of the blue a bunch of older guys in their 20s appeared - think it might have been a gang of Jambos from Drylaw. The Hobo lowlife who was picking on me got a tap on the shoulder and as he turned around got a full on head butt. Cue mayhem as we stepped back to enjoy the sight of YLT getting something of a doing. Whoever that guy was has my eternal thanks.

The funniest thing I've seen - if you can say that about football violence - was after Hobos had beaten Falkirk at Tynie in a League Cup semi at Tynie in '73. Was standing waiting on a bus at the West End when two nutty Hobos gangs turned on each other and started fighting in the middle of the street. Priceless.

Doctor FinnBarr
i was there at that one also a derby at tynie before segregation the hobos had come to the start of the covered shed at the school end :eek: but by kick off time they had been chased to half way down and right away from our sacred shed.:107years:

I can remember when they used to go there and we'ed leave the "Refreshment" stall to go and confront them. 1 game I had been to the bogs at the school end and was walking back thro them when we scored and oh dear, they set about me big style! Only a charge by the agro saved me from hospital I think, blood streaming from a wound on the forehead I tied my barscarf round it to prevent me coming to the attention of plod. Hellish trying to get the scarf off later tho!

Guest jambomickey
I can remember when they used to go there and we'ed leave the "Refreshment" stall to go and confront them. 1 game I had been to the bogs at the school end and was walking back thro them when we scored and oh dear, they set about me big style! Only a charge by the agro saved me from hospital I think, blood streaming from a wound on the forehead I tied my barscarf round it to prevent me coming to the attention of plod. Hellish trying to get the scarf off later tho!

hooligan you are! only joking mate

maroonlegions

and what was the cry ,"come have a go with the Gorgie agro", aye i can remember them , total nutters but handy if they saw you in bother, a fearless bunch but totally loyal to the jambos (again not advocating violence).

Doctor FinnBarr
and what was the cry ,"come have a go with the Gorgie agro", aye i can remember them , total nutters but handy if they saw you in bother, a fearless bunch but totally loyal to the jambos (again not advocating violence).

I don't advocate violence either but these things happened in the 70's. Better watch what we say tho incase the politically correct gang grass us up!

:eek:

Yes it was and i had difficulty wiping my erse for weeks:rolleyes:

Known as a boxers fracture.

That's what happens when you punch too low down on your fist (4th or 5th knuckles). The shock can quite often break your 5th metacarpal which i've heard can be pretty painful.

Apparently, boxers are taught to punch over the 2nd and 3rd knuckles only so that this never happens.

Doctor FinnBarr

That's what happens when you punch too low down on your fist (4th or 5th knuckles). The shock can quite often break your 5th metacarpal which i've heard can be pretty painful.

Apparently, boxers are taught to punch over the 2nd and 3rd knuckles only so that this never happens.

Easyjet? Sure you're not a doctor?

:P

Easyjet? Sure you're not a doctor?

:P

Radiographer actually.

I live in Glasgow. Weedgies like to punch each other. This type of fracture is one of my most common examinations.

The Easyjet thing is a reference to my mates and I travelling to different European locations for raves and techno.

Uncle Bobby B

It is very painful indeed, I punched my mate in the kidney and broke two bones in my hand, he is 6'6 and a super heavyweight boxer...He's a beast so I put it down to that and not a ****e punch.

Doctor FinnBarr
Radiographer actually.

I live in Glasgow. Weedgies like to punch each other. This type of fracture is one of my most common examinations.

The Easyjet thing is a reference to my mates and I travelling to different European locations for raves and techno.

Radiographers, I thank your profession! The 1 at St Johns in Livi seen things in Kays X-Ray that the docs couldn't spot and saved us a lot of grief in her later life!

:)

Radiographers, I thank your profession! The 1 at St Johns in Livi seen things in Kays X-Ray that the docs couldn't spot and saved us a lot of grief in her later life!

:)

That's cool.

Some radiographers I know are as good as any Radiologist at finding fractures. Most of our degree time (4 years) is spent reading x-rays so we should be pretty good at it.

When your daughter is older, it's a great job to get into.

It is very painful indeed, I punched my mate in the kidney and broke two bones in my hand, he is 6'6 and a super heavyweight boxer...He's a beast so I put it down to that and not a ****e punch.

2nd and 3rd knuckles only Bobby - remember that the next time your mate steps oot of line!!! :)

Doctor FinnBarr
That's cool.

Some radiographers I know are as good as any Radiologist at finding fractures. Most of our degree time (4 years) is spent reading x-rays so we should be pretty good at it.

When your daughter is older, it's a great job to get into.

The thing is tho, a month after St Johns we had to take her to the Sick Kids where she was X-Rayed again only this time we got to see the pics, and for fecks sake, we could see the difference in her hip bones (Perthes disease) but the docs at SJ couldn't!

:eek:

maroonlegions
2nd and 3rd knuckles only Bobby - remember that the next time your mate steps oot of line!!! :)

or some hobo gets wide after another derby doing:107years:, ( again not advocating violence, only tongue in cheek:eek:)

Hi

well not advocating violence but (showing age here) first division segregation was basic and Muirton was worse, the saints fans (lol both of them) were all shouting at the hearts fans that they would see them all outside etc... I was in toilets having a pee when all these hearts fans came in from the hearts end and out the saints end of toilets and fighting in their end.... as I left the toilets a few saints fans were face down in the pee....eeeeewwwww.

Key

oooops just noticed this was a derby day thread...... delete please to hide my shame

Took my ex wife to that one as a first date (she was English and it was her first weekend in Edinburgh) had to sit and watch as our end emptied and 10 minutes later all the boys came steaming over the top of the cow shed, classic!!!!

Doctor FinnBarr
Took my ex wife to that one as a first date (she was English and it was her first weekend in Edinburgh) had to sit and watch as our end emptied and 10 minutes later all the boys came steaming over the top of the cow shed, classic!!!!

It was a good one (not advocating violence of course).

:flagwave:

Remember after the 2-0 game when Robbo and Jose scored. Was parked at Castle Terrace car park and remember being choked with the cold and my ears being choked up. My mates and me were singing all the way back to the car and were confronted by a vey annoyed Hobo. He was very aggressive, in my face, and was shouting abuse that I couldn't hear properly due to my cold. I sarcastically turned my head and cupped my ear at which point the tool flinched big time as he thought I was going to hook himk, and fell backwards down the stairs at the car park. I believe I accidentally trod on his face when I went down to check on him and pay the ticket.

Doctor FinnBarr
Remember after the 2-0 game when Robbo and Jose scored. Was parked at Castle Terrace car park and remember being choked with the cold and my ears being choked up. My mates and me were singing all the way back to the car and were confronted by a vey annoyed Hobo. He was very aggressive, in my face, and was shouting abuse that I couldn't hear properly due to my cold. I sarcastically turned my head and cupped my ear at which point the tool flinched big time as he thought I was going to hook himk, and fell backwards down the stairs at the car park. I believe I accidentally trod on his face when I went down to check on him and pay the ticket.

:107years::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

Off you go hobo

I mean Robbo and Jose in the same team, FUD

The very game, we struggled to get back to our bus because of the streets that were blocked off!

I didn't make it back to the bus! Didn't get home until 7 pm, by a combination of public transport, motorbike and car! The headline in the evening news was " Easter Roads Bloody Sunday". I SO wish I'd kept that paper clipping to prove a certain point about Busby! ;)

Lynn:ninja:

Archived