favorite derby at fester road

jambos_90

One from the mid sixties for me - we were down and out but came back through goals from Willie Wallace, Don Kerrigan and and own goal from John McNamee. Still remember the song "One two three - Wallace, Kerrigan and McNamee".

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19860830.html

The match above in 1986 was one of my favourites. Not sure why, as it was a fairly easy and routine 3-1 win. It was memorable for an outstanding piece of bravery from Sandy Jardine, who suffered a horrific over the ball challenge from some Hobo hod-carrier (Paul Kane if I remember rightly), had to leave the field and came back on with his foot bandaged up to a huge ovation from the Hearts crowd.

chester copperpot
Wasn't able to get a holiday from work to go to the Big Team, Big Cup game - and I knew we were going to win!

So my favourite Derby over there would have to be the Stampy game. One of my first away Derbies as I finally found a friend to go with me, absolutely magical!

:hobofish:

Should've taken a sickie.:)

King of the North

96/97 - nil four.

I had a bright orange jacket on that day, and it was sweet to hear my hobo mates (yes I do have a few) saying they could see me giving them it tight from their seats in the hobo end.

The 3 nil just after Mercer's visionary plan to eliminate them was pretty tasty as well.

I love Hibs - no other 'team' has given their so-called 'rivals' so much pleasure. Best derby record in UK football, second best in the world.

Never forget - they are truly, truly ****e, and forever in our shadow. And they hate us far more than we could ever hate them - Hibs FC are and will always be a plaything for HMFC. Beyond that they are an irrelevance.

Archived