jambos_90

mine has to be 1st april 07 what a day

they tried to bring out the cup but we never left

best derby ever

although stamp scoring and gettin sent off was equally good

whats your thoughts

jack D and coke

Quarter Final of the SC. Foster's goal.

We scored in the 2nd minute and the 87th and they pretty much pummelled us for all the minutes in between. The dunbar end erupted like you canny believe when foster scored and i'll never forget watching the vermin all fighting with each other as we taunted them. All trying to get on the pitch and everything, was f***** brilliant ha ha!

Changed my opinion of a few Hobo's i knew as we were spat at and abused later that night. That one and Stamps last minute winner were tops for me.

Quarter Final of the SC. Foster's goal.

We scored in the 2nd minute and the 87th and they pretty much pummelled us for all the minutes in between. The dunbar end erupted like you canny believe when foster scored and i'll never forget watching the vermin all fighting with each other as we taunted them. All trying to get on the pitch and everything, was f***** brilliant ha ha!

Changed my opinion of a few Hobo's i knew as we were spat at and abused later that night. That one and Stamps last minute winner were tops for me.

Without doubt the Foster Derby.

Another one that comes close is the 3-0 win just after Mercer tried to buy Hibs.

lost in leith

best derby ever

whats your thoughts

Enjoyed both, but the Wayne Foster game takes some beating, and the 4-0 in 96-97 was amusing, as was the 4-1 game when we started singing the Number 1 of the time "You've lost that loving feeling" as the Hibbies started streaming out of the ground with 20 minutes to go :)

Most unusual one was the 2-2 game in October 2006 when Velicak got 2. Watched it in a back street bar in Florence with a mate who is a ST holder at ER. We were murder to start off with. 2-0 down in no time and I'm outside cursing like a trooper and smoking for Scotland. A Zibi moment got us back into it at 2-1. Miko off :mad: Then another Zibi moment :) In the last minute the giraffe powers a header into the bottom corner. My mate is out of his seat celebrating until Gordon makes a wonder save :)

The Wayne Foster game in '94 without a shadow of a doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXxbpzr50YA

Absolute bedlam.

Nothing comes close for me - when Fozzy scored it was just immense - the surge, the singing, the relief etc etc.

Post match best bit 1 - taunting the vermin as we walked out Albion Road. Remember one guy with 21 printed on his shirt taking his jacket off just as we passed the low life ****.

Post match best bit 2 - was meeting up with my hobo mates in the pub afterwards - could only smile and croak at them - took about 3 days for my voice to recover :):):)

Phil Stamp scoring in the last minute to win 2-1 was great too. He knew he was off and didnt even wait for the card and he knew it was worth it by the looks of his reaction

?36m cheerio

10-2, 8-3, 107, 17 in a row, 22 in a row, Le chimp, Blobby, Monkey heid, Poxy Fattyleinen, to name but a few - cheerio loser

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

So many to choose from...:)

4-0 after Duffy arrived in a helicopter.

3-1 at half-time when they had 52-year-old Ray Wilkins in the team.

3-0 Mercer game.

2-0 Colquhoun lob from 40 yards.

4-1 first game on Sky (or BSB as it was).

1-0 Zal.

1-0 McCann cupping his ear.

2-1 The Foster game.

2-2 Robbo last second equaliser

2-1 Pressley late penalty

2-1 Stampy

Any more?

When I was one of the 900 lucky enough to get tickets when Hibs were tarting up the ground -- Last minute penalty miss by that arrogant Finn they have as manager -- tried to be a cheeky get but put it over the bar.

Great celebrations and with such limited numbers you really felt part of a support -- getting out was fun too afterwards !

Sorry forgot that extra ?13m loss announced. Still once the new stands there it'll all be cool;)

MIXU MUST STAY:hobofish::107years:

MIXU MUST STAY:hobofish::107years:

Yeah terrible if he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked....

Yeah terrible if he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked and we got another and he was sacked....

Hopefully - the next one will do another Agent Duffy on you i.e. get you relegated as we win the cup (again). I pray its still Mixu and its this season.

:107years::107years:

How's your managers new signings, Heard Oubo is great.

i heard rearend ratboys no kicked a ball in about 2 years and bambas a bad accident waiting to happen.:hobofish::107years:

Think Mixu will do just fine this season and have to say as long as Stewart is in your side think you'll have a better season maybe get in the top six this year.

i heard rearend ratboys no kicked a ball in about 2 years and bambas a bad accident waiting to happen.:hobofish::107years:

Heard on this site you were quite keen on D.R and Gow too but you're limited to frees and loans.

Bamba...point taken.

Phil Stamp scoring in the last minute to win 2-1 was great too. He knew he was off and didnt even wait for the card and he knew it was worth it by the looks of his reaction

If he got fined I'd have had a whipround next home game and paid it.

Heard on this site you were quite keen on D.R and Gow too but you're limited to frees and loans.

Bamba...point taken.

In all honesty most poeple on this site didnt want to touch riordan with a bargepole , and the ones that said they would take him knew it was never gonna happen anyway.

lost in leith
When I was one of the 900 lucky enough to get tickets when Hibs were tarting up the ground -- Last minute penalty miss by that arrogant Finn they have as manager -- tried to be a cheeky get but put it over the bar.

Great celebrations and with such limited numbers you really felt part of a support -- getting out was fun too afterwards !

Remember that one. Penalty was down to an outrageous dive from Zitelli (I blame his Lithuanian granny). Went for a beer with a mate in the Elm. Suddenly it filled up with seriously looking old school Hibs casuals. Had no colours so felt OK until I noticed my mate had a wee Hearts badge on his jacket. Cue for a 30 second pint and a sharp exit!

In all honesty most poeple on this site didnt want to touch riordan with a bargepole , and the ones that said they would take him knew it was never gonna happen anyway.

aye and Gow suddenly became pish when he went to blackpool

Cappuccino Kid

04/11/78 the first win at compost corner in 10 years. Remember the older guy's buying pomagne to celebrate. Don't think Champagne had hit midlothian in '78

( unless you worked at Bilston Glen or the Vic and your GP gave you a bad back sick line)

got to be mckenna with stampys last minute goal and sending off

but 1-0 with big zal and not leaving when they brought out their wee cup was quality

BIG CUP BIG TEAM, WEE CUP WEE TEAM!

4-0 with Duffy arriving in the helicpoter really stands out as my favourite.

Closley followed by 2-1 with McKenna and Stamp scoring.

If he got fined I'd have had a whipround next home game and paid it.

Just had a look and can't see that game on youtube :sad:

got to be mckenna with stampys last minute goal and sending off

but 1-0 with big zal and not leaving when they brought out their wee cup was quality

BIG CUP BIG TEAM, WEE CUP WEE TEAM!

:)

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

:)

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

brilliant video:) dont know how many times i've watched it.

whats better-4-0 with half of hampden bouncing singin oh the hibees or watchin them bring out their wee cup with that going on

[/url]

2-1 Elvis penalty, 2-1 Stampy jumping into the crowd.. Or the feeling in the 0-0 when Mixu skied his penalty into our section in the 93rd minute? Last kick of the ball was it not? :) BRING ON THE HIBEES!!

Captain Bubblebeard

Been to many (admittedly only enjoyed the Foster derby on TV so couldn't comment on that) but without any shadow of a doubt, Big Team Big Cup, Wee Team, Wee Cup.... Amazing day - expected a roasting - everything was set up nicely for the Wee Team to finally have their day - our end was only half-full, but, as usual, Big Team came out on top. Shoes off, if you hate h*bees....

The diddy cup party pooper is my new favourite.

Everyone in the world was expecting us to get tanked, myself included.

Winning 1-0 and hundreds of Jambos staying behind about 45 minutes to totally ruin their party was the best result ever.

The next derby at Tynie was even more fun when they all stayed behind after getting beat and tried to ruin our party. Fuds.

The diddy cup party pooper is my new favourite.

Everyone in the world was expecting us to get tanked, myself included.

Winning 1-0 and hundreds of Jambos staying behind about 45 minutes to totally ruin their party was the best result ever.

The next derby at Tynie was even more fun when they all stayed behind after getting beat and tried to ruin our party. Fuds.

True true true

Fuds

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

Hibs eh !!

Lots of good ones mentioned here. My actual favourite is the 21st party but one of the best for me was the first derby after Mercer's abortive takeover.

The atmosphere was absolutely amazing at kick off. Months of pent-up hate from the Hibs support was coming out in spades and the 10,000 Hearts supporters in the Dunbar End and South Stand were absolutely loving it waving tenners at the Vermin and singing "You're bankrupt, bankrupt very very bankrupt" and "There's only 1 Wallace Mercer".

To come out and absolutely rip them as badly as we did was just taking the utter pish - and boy, did they not like it with their pathetic attempted pitch invasion etc.

This game, or the first half anyway, had everything - 3 goals for the JT's, one a superb team goal, a stupid Hobo jumping on the pitch to try and strangle wee Robbo and a Jambo jumping on and landing an absolute haymaker on the stupid Hobo's skull.

The walk up Easter Road after the game was absolutely immense. Lording it over the feckers all the way home.

The only dissapointing thing was knowing that we took the foot of the gas after 3 as we really could (and should) have ran up a cricket score that day. Folklore has it that the filth came into the Hearts dressing room at half time and asked them to go easy in the second half as they feared they'd have a full-scale riot on their hands.

I have two.

The Sir Wayne Foster cup tie and the game immediately after Lord Wallace Mercer's failed takeover. For pure hatred the latter will never be surpassed.

Been to many and all the above were great on their day but for a derby moment that i'll never forget it has to be Rudi standing right in front of all the vermin and pointing to the exit.

A unique derby goal celebration (as far as I know) and still makes me laugh yet

Thanks Rudi

I have two.

The Sir Wayne Foster cup tie and the game immediately after Lord Wallace Mercer's failed takeover. For pure hatred the latter will never be surpassed.

Surely you mean Lord Foster of Lochend.

Italian Lambretta

Just watching your You Tube Video and there is some cracking stuff on there.

Even amongst all the great goals and moments against the Hobos the Chip from Valois to De Vries for the second goal was world class.:)

Nothing comes close for me - when Fozzy scored it was just immense - the surge, the singing, the relief etc etc.

Post match best bit 1 - taunting the vermin as we walked out Albion Road. Remember one guy with 21 printed on his shirt taking his jacket off just as we passed the low life ****.

Post match best bit 2 - was meeting up with my hobo mates in the pub afterwards - could only smile and croak at them - took about 3 days for my voice to recover :):):)

Got to be Wayne Foster day my FIRST ever derby match and what a way to start a life long love affair keeping the wee team in their place!

Always remember walking out after the game everyone singing "21 today, 21 today, we've got the key to the door, we're 21 today" sheer class!

:107years: :107years: :107years: :107years: :107years: :107years:

Jam Tarts 1874
Frankie says "Hearts 2 Hibs 1" remember the Tshirts

I would agree with this one, August 1984. O'Connor's late goal and the t-shirts showed everyone that Hearts were back. :)

Victor Meldrew

Has to be the Scottish Cup QF in 1994.

It was my 19th Birthday.

We were struggling in the league.

They pummelled us for about 85 minutes and STILL lost.

They simply couldn't beat us back then.

It is run close by the 0-4 Duffy Debut pumping. The only thing we didn't do was shoot down his helicopter!

chester copperpot

2-1 Foster, nothing even comes close to the celebrations I had that day.

1-0 Zaliukas, brilliant and happy times.

3-0 Post Mercer bid. Seeing jambo's waving tenners at half time made my year.

2-1 Stampy's winner.

Everything else doesn't come close, though there's never been a bad victory at Easter road IMO.

Miller Jambo 60

best derby ever

whats your thoughts

Has to be the Foster win for the celebrations alone.

Was in Agenda (CORRIE) at night scooping and a hobo from Clerie tried to get wide with us.

A song of Super Wayne was blasted in his direction.

Great day.

Wasn't able to get a holiday from work to go to the Big Team, Big Cup game - and I knew we were going to win!

So my favourite Derby over there would have to be the Stampy game. One of my first away Derbies as I finally found a friend to go with me, absolutely magical!

:hobofish:

Archived