Your adidas..?

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Adidas trainers. A fine breed, history, style.

But what are your favourites?

"My adidas"

For me, i reckon my forest hills, purchased on the morning of 01.04.06, in preparation. They've sadly gone missing, but a treasured pair; yellow soles, gold stripes.

662356_a.jpg

Currently got a pair of these, but with velcro:

grandslam.jpg

Got to agree with you.

I had those ones with the gold stripes. Got a similar pair on just now but with white stripes and the yellow trim/sole. Had them with red stripes too.

Also just purchased the same ones with a brown trim/sole.

Maybe I'm just being boring but they are defo my favourite Adidas.

Blue suede adidas campus (Blue tongue, nae white, with gold writing)

Went through a spell where they were the only trainers I had for years, they seem to have changed the style of them now and ruined them, rubbish!

They seem to *** about with trainers too much these days, I prefer a classic look.

Got a pair of Marathon '88 trainers with the Black, red & yellow 3 stripes on them to symbolise the Berlin Olympics, **** love them!

I remember I seen a pair of adidas that were maroon (or as near to maroon as your going to get) with white stripes once, wish I'd asked the guy were he got them, looked about for them but nae joy, there's a few pair on the likes of trainerstation that are similar but not as good as the ones I seen, they would be the ultimate in trainerage if I could ever find them.

Currently got these

foresthillsvint_nagr.jpg

and picked up a pair similar to these in Bangkok for ?25 ;)

adidas-superstar-wht-burg.jpg

Favourites are probably still

th3141207599903adidas1.jpg

Nelly Terraces

Old school Gazelles for me, every time. Style never goes out of fashion. Though the new Londons and Stockholms look the nuts.

Cheers.

TJ. One Step Beyond.

Malcolm Tucker

My favourite was definitely these badboys, the Martial Arts range.

TKD%202000.JPG

Really comfy and looked good considering they weren't really 'trainers' as such.

My favourite pair of Adidas changes on a daily basis.

But i'm trying to track down a pair of red Jeans at the moment. Without much luck so far.

adidas-jeans.jpg

Blue suede adidas campus (Blue tongue, nae white, with gold writing)

Went through a spell where they were the only trainers I had for years, they seem to have changed the style of them now and ruined them, rubbish!

They seem to *** about with trainers too much these days, I prefer a classic look.

Got a pair of Marathon '88 trainers with the Black, red & yellow 3 stripes on them to symbolise the Berlin Olympics, **** love them!

I remember I seen a pair of adidas that were maroon (or as near to maroon as your going to get) with white stripes once, wish I'd asked the guy were he got them, looked about for them but nae joy, there's a few pair on the likes of trainerstation that are similar but not as good as the ones I seen, they would be the ultimate in trainerage if I could ever find them.

I've got a pair of Spezials in those colourways.

It's a difficult question.

Trimm Trab or ZX500 maybe.

Changes all the time though.

Would have loved SL80's, never managed to get them. Were they ever re-issued?

I've currently got two pairs of Gazelle (blue and black) and two pairs of (genuine) Y3s.

The People's Chimp
I've currently got two pairs of Gazelle (blue and black) and two pairs of (genuine) Y3s.

I'm glad you added that in; it wouldn't be the done thing for hearts boys to wandering around in ebay china's finest.

I'm glad you added that in; it wouldn't be the done thing for hearts boys to wandering around in ebay china's finest.

Correct mate. It's just not acceptable. Unless you're a hobo.

The People's Chimp
Correct mate. It's just not acceptable. Unless you're a hobo.

Exactly. Then it becomes expected.

A mate of mine has at least 6 pairs of those.

I had some black, yellow and green pair of Adidas that I got from Harvey Nicks - 5 a side's are the only time those are seen now though.

Whatever happened to adidas sambas - bought my first pair in 76 and lasted for years.

Best ever. Comfy, stylish and the shoe for the 70's. Did the suction grips ever work? I've still got mine . Heel-taps included. Said to play havoc with your achilles tendons apparently.

My favourite are the ones I've worn into the ground - but refuse to chuck out as I can't find them anywhere. Cannae mind what they are but they are in the tennis range. Infact can anyone help? White with blue stripes. Blue inside and they have the wee pattern of holes on the toe and a strip of grey suede around the front.

Just bought a pair of blue and yellow zx's in Chicago. And a pair of retro sweat bands (even though I don't wear sweat bands!)

Not a better look in the world than brown cords over beige/brown three stripe Spezials.

Dublin

Tennis Comfort

Grand Slam

Forest Hills

Indoor Super

TRX

Better call Saul
Not a better look in the world than brown cords over beige/brown three stripe Spezials.

Dublin

Tennis Comfort

Grand Slam

Forest Hills

Indoor Super

TRX

Kicks

Rom for me were the only ones I could afford back in the 70's

adidasrom.jpg

The blue ones!

I had a pair of those in the 70s...can you still get them? :rolleyes:

How many pairs do you need? :rolleyes:

10 bedrooms, 76 inch telly, Y3 trainers.... :cool:

TKD%202000.JPG

Really comfy and looked good considering they weren't really 'trainers' as such.

Like 'em. Got a similar style not long ago and love them. Too drunk to be arsed looking for a pic though.

TKD%202000.JPG

Those are the worst trainers you can buy for your feet. No support at all. Good luck with your zimmer when your 45.

stan_smith_wblk_med.jpg

Cant beat a good old pair of Stan Smith trainers Peanut. Had many pair over the years. Never went for the ones with the green on them!!

These trainers go well with a decent pair off jeans.

How many pairs do you need? :rolleyes:

When one is as in demand socially as I am, one cannot afford to be seen with the same look.

At the moment I'm wearing Adidas Leaders.

Nice choice.

adidas_leader_lea_med.jpg

It was a toss up between the brown Leaders above or the white ZX500's for me a couple of months ago.

The 500's won though.

Stan Smiths with velcro straps for me at the moment.

Gazelles in wardrobe, I have a pair of Trimm Trabs in blue with light blue stripes still in the box from 1987.

Archived